Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
pain meds addiction
About This Community:

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

pain meds addiction

I have sticklers syndrom (syndrome) and degenerative disk disease and i have been taking vicodin for over 10 years. I recently had a doctors appt and discovered that my primary care doctor was no longer there and to make matters worse my new doctor has stopped my pain meds, I am not a expert on withdrawl (withdrawal) but it seems to me i am heading for a one. My question is this can a doctor do this without helping me get off the drug ?
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
honey,these docs can do whatever they want to do...sad,i knoe,but true...if you tell them you are having a hard time coming off,they MIGHT,ween you down..my docs wont do that so i had to go to detox..im still haveing bad nights but if this is what you want then you can do it!!!
Blank
3149845_tn?1386354841
If you can show your new doctor that you were not abusing them, as you do have a sever disorder, he should prescribe them again but some doctors now want to wash their hands with all this. If he wont then go to another doctor. What are you supposed to do about your pain and the disk problem is no laughfing matter as my wife has it and its a doozy. Sit with you new doc and ask him what your are supposed to do about the pain. The most important part is you have to show him that you were not abusing them. If youve been taking them that long youve got a big road ahead of you with withdrawal.
dave
Blank
3060903_tn?1398568723
I have the same degenerative disc disease and my doctor quit me one day after over prescribing oxy's for years. What a creep. I went to the emerg and was treated like an addict (with no degenerative disc disease). What A holes. Withdrawal was at home, and was really difficult for 10 days or so. I found that the withdrawal from oxy's (when abusing them and going through some withdrawal every month before getting new scripts) exacerbated my back pain greatly. Of course, the pain was still there, but not as bad as I thought while using oxy's.   I've been using Teeters Inverse Board (hanging upside down) and it has greatly allowed more mobility. It has been a God Send for me. Hoping that you find relief from your pain. Hang in There!!!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Addiction: Substance Abuse Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...