Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
pregnant/percocet/oxycodone

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

pregnant/percocet/oxycodone

I am 30 wks preg. and was originally prescribed about 20 percocets (5/325) week for my migraines.  I have a history of addiction, and even mentioned it to the doctor.  Before long I was taking the whole bottle in 2 days.  I get 4 or 5 migraines/week, and the dr. says no imitrex.  As luck would have it a friend quit taking her extended release oxycodone and percocets, and gave me literally hundreds of each: percocet 10/325, oxycodone extended release 20 mg.  I started taking more and noticed that if i just take a lot every day, I don't ever get a migraine, at all.  So I'd say I'm taking btween 80-100 mg. total a day.  Last week I tried to stop, because I am getting close to my due date and don't want to have a baby born addicted.  Well the withdrawals were awful.  I called a hospital and the nurse said it was dangerous for the baby, that I ought to be admitted to taper, but that I had to call my obgyn and come clean with him so he could refer me.  So I called him, told him the deal, and he basically just said, "Oh you'll be fine.  You'll feel like you have the flu for a few days and then you'll be fine.  Don't take other people's medicine anymore."  I argued for a bit, said, "But listen, I'm taking like a hundred mg. a day, I'm seriously in withdrawals." And he said, "You might just have a flu.  Percocet isn't that bad, its not like you're taking heroin or oxycontin."  So, obviously he's an idiot because percocet is oxycodone, and so is oxycontin, right?  So he won't refer me for any program.  And of course, I've got a ton of pills left, I don't know, probably ten 20 mg. extended release, and 25 5 mg percocet.  I anyone's help on how to taper myself without going crazy.  Plus, I don't even know if I have the willpower to do it.  I'm sure once I stop taking them I'll be slammed with chronic migraines again.  And yes, I feel horrible self loathing over the poor little medicated baby I'm carrying.  If I can manage to quit, will he be OK? have I ruined his little liver and brain.  I'm so depressed, any help appreciated.
OK one thing at a time..... Take a deep breath, You DEFF if nothing else need to taper. It could really hurt the baby to go cold turkey!!!! DONT DO THAT. But you need to atleast try to makeit to where this little angel isnt born with alot of problems, Not trying to scare you but if the withdrawls are bad on us what would it do to a little baby????? You dont want that and thats why you came here!!! Im here day or night! I have been there and thank God my little girl was born ok. I wasnt taking that much but Iwas still scared. I will help you make a plan to taper if you want . Im here day or night if you need to talk. Just try to come here before you take on a whim!!! if you arent hurting try really hard not to take it!!! Hang in there sweetie it gets better

Becca
There are many here pregnant and addicted. So you are not alone.  I also heard it is dangerous to detox while pregnant. I don't know much about tapering but if you go to Fladdict's name and click on it. It will take you into her profile. I believe she has alot of information on tapering.  Keep reading on here you will learn alot and keep us posted.  Don't be to rough on yourself. I have heard many posts on here  where babies were just fine.
  I am also pregnant and although I am not addicted to Oxycodone, I have been taking hydrocodone ( Vicodin) off and on throughout most of this pregnancy.

This is something I NEVER thought I'd be capable of. With my other two kids', I would refuse to even take a tylenol or drink any caffeine. But I was hooked before my pregnancy and no matter how hard I have tried, I still relapse and go back.

I am 34 weeks pregnant and am in fear of the same thing as you; that my poor baby will born addicted. Right now, I am going on day 2 of no meds. The sad thing is that I know if I had access to them right now, I would take one.

The only thing I can offer you right now is prayers and let you know you aren't alone.

It's tough enough to deal with the overwhelming guilt knowing you are messing up yourself, but knowing an innocent baby is now involved is almost too much to bear.

I know this is a very tough thing to bear, and I pray for your total freedom and for mine.
Thanks for your comments r2bf.  I have another child as well, and same as you, not even a caffeinated beverage.  I'm going to try to see one of these addictionologists, making sure he/she is also a psychiatrist.  I think my problem is compounded by the fact that, unlike you, I find no comfort in prayer or god or anything.  Basically, other than the highlights; my child, the people I like, a few hobbies, I think life is a pretty crappy deal.  In fact I find it rather insane that others walk around, sober, smiling as each day brings them closer to death.  But beside that, by no means does that give me the right to ruin this new human's shot at being a happy, optimistic person.  I really need to figure out a tapering program and stick to it.  That cold turkey thing is a living hell, I'm so sorry you're going through it now.  I hear it'll be a lot better in a couple more days, not that that's much comfort now.  
Any help on a tapering program would be appreciated.  Can I email you?  
No advice, but I wish you all the best and hope that you have a very healthy baby.
I sent you a message back! my word    reading your posts is  like reading   me!!! scary! but good!! we will get through this! email me anytime!!

Love
Becca
If it's any consolation I was prescribed percs throughout my entire pregnancy by my peri-natal specialist and I took them up until 2 weeks before delivery and my DD was born healthy and strong and not addicted.  I know women who have to take them up until the day of delivery and ther5after and still they have had healthy babies without addiction.
The good news is that if your dr knows they can easily help the baby when it's born if it's born addicted.  It's when they don't know that it becomes an issue.  It's more common than you think.
I will pray for you both but I'm sure you will be fine!!  
Hi!
DO NOT go cold turkey. At best, taper a bit. I took percs too, but never in that amount. a month before the baby came, I was just on tylenol 3 and 2 and maybe 1-2 5 mg perc a day (broke my tailbone). I took all the way through, but not 80-100 mg a day, still I wouldn't be worried.
Good for you to talk to your doc. You have time to taper, A BIT, slowly. Do not put the baby in danger. If it's any consolation , my five month old is wonderful and had ZERO withdrawals at birth - granted, the day I went into labour, I took three tylenol 3, about 12 hours before the baby was born, not a lot, but anyway. I was part of a support group of mothers who took pain meds for real reasons (not for fun) and one of the women was on 80 mg a day and she tapered to 50 mg right before the baby was born, also with no withdrawals.
The most imprtant thing is to be honest at the hospital and tell them exactly what you've been on. If you want to chat with me more, please send me a personal message - I learned a LOT when I was preggo and on meds.
take care of yourself!
lb
I am 31 weeks pregnant and addicted to percocet and xanax. I have been taking about 40-50mg of percocet a day! Sometimes i take about 4 1mg xanax also. I cannot stop and i am so scared my baby will be born addicted. Plus i am supposed to have 1 year sober this month. I cant tell anyone cuz everyone knows im pregnant and will think im horrible! My boyfriend thinks i am doing everything i am supposed to be doing and if the baby is born addicted i dont know what he will do! N i dont want to hurt my helpless innocent baby but i cannot stop! I cannot get through a day of work without my pills! n i dont even really need them. The xanax i do need cuz i have panic attacks sometimes but i abuse them also. But the percocet i dont need at all! I lie to my docs to get them. How long you think you have to be off the drugs to give your baby enough time to come out not withdrawling? Is percocet really that harmful during pregnancy? If it is then why do obgyn's prescribe them? Can anyone help me? What should i do? Is my babys brain going to be messed up? Is he going to be slow in school and other activites? Someone help!
It's too late to stop now at 31 weeks.  Withdrawals will cause you to go into pre-term labor.
The only thing I can suggest is to take as little as possible.  I've known women who have taken it right up until delivery and have not had an addicted baby but if yours happens to be addicted and the doctors know, they can easily fix it and make the baby more comfortable.
I don;t know what pre-natal care you have had and how extensive it has been but xanax is a cat x and can cuase other things wrong physically not just dependency so make sure your doctors know because if they don't, they will after you give birth.  
ANd no, your baby will not be slow in school or slow in any other way most likely.  I took it throughout and as prescribed and my daughter at 15 months is smart as a whip!!!
you really think if i stop cold turkey ill have preterm labor?
Did anyone take alot of percocets and xanax when pregnant and not have the baby withdrawl (withdrawal)? I am so scared to stop. Whenerver i try i get so sick to my stomach? But i dont understand how it can cause preterm labor.
I'm sorry you are in this situation. It's an awful situation and I'm sure you must feel alone and very guilty. First, in answer to your question, oxycontin is a morphine derivative. It is an extremely difficult detox and depending on how long you've been taking it can really take up to 2-3 weeks before you start feeling healthy again. So please, do not cold turkey while pregnant. If you weren't pregnant I would say go ahead it'll suck, but suck it up and do it any way.  Your ob/gyn knows NOTHING about pain meds or detoxing at all. He is wrong, it is not the flu, and I think it was bordering on at least, incompetency to sluff you off like that - or to even give you any advice if he was clueless.  I am a chronic pain sufferer who just successfully detoxed cold turkey from Methadone - it was rough, but I did it. Today is day 16. In my years of chronic pain I've discovered that regular doctors are NOT required to take any classes during their medical training on pain management or addiction. It an ELECTIVE course only 20% of the doctors decide to take, so there's a lot of ignorance out there, trust me, I've been to half of them.  Keep looking for a doctor in your area that specializes in addictions - one who has the license to write suboxone. Have you thought of suboxone? I'm not sure what the side effects are, or if they'd even give it to you but an addiction specialist will certainly know the best way for you to detox. Suboxone is a good med. if you use it sparingly and if you aren't on it for very long (it can be tough to detox from if you take it a long time). It has buprenephrine a combination of that and something else, a small amount of narcotic pain med that will help you safely withdrawal without any symptoms of withdrawal. Suboxone has its own website, google it if you want to learn more about it. It may also help ensure the baby detoxes safely. The other thing it will do is offer you an alternative way to help your migraines. It IS a pain medicine, but here's how it works:  Regular pain meds bind to your spine and in your brain to your pain receptors, blocking them from excreting your own endorphines. Suboxone will also block, but it will block all pain medicines. It goes to your pain receptors and replaces the regular pain meds with itself, binding also, but as I said, also blocking any pain meds - so once you take it, there's no point in taking a pain pill too because it won't work in the slightest, the worst, it would throw you into full blown withdrawals in minutes. The other thing it does is it goes deep into your fat cells and extracts the opiods stored there, speeding up the cleansing process without discomfort. You do have to be off the pain meds for a period of 12-24 hours, but you can do that, your addiction specialist will have already studied on how to treat pregnant addicts. Just find out if it's something you should take from a good addiction specialist. He/She may also refer you to a chronic pain support group and/or an addiction physciatrist. They're out there. I have both and they are a great support and a wealth of knowledge. I have no idea if C/T would make you go into premature labor, thats something I'm not qualified to comment on--I'd either check on WebMD or ask your addiction doc).  Another idea is that your ob/gyn is not the only doctor that can admit you. Your family doctor can and an addiction specialist can. So please keep calling around until you find the doctor with the proper training in your area. Google that too. You can search on addiction specialists with your city and state and it should get you to a list of doctors within your city that have the qualifications.  Try not to feel guilty...addiction is not a personal choice. No one chooses to become an addict. But you CAN choose to do what you need to do to get clean safely and get your baby clean. Who know what the baby feels? We don't know for sure.  As for the nausea when you stop taking the pills, you can ask your doctor for a script for phenergan. They do prescribe that to pregnant women for morning sickness anyway so it must be a safe med. and that's one of the meds I took to help me detox from Methadone - which is about the hardest c/t one can do.  I also took Neurontin for the creepy crawlies (not sure if that is okay when preg, the addiction doc will know, but hope so, cuz it works like a charm), Immodium AD (Over the Counter) for the other end, Clonidine for the heart palpitations, sweats and to help sleep (again, your addiction doc will know if that can be used safely) and I drank vitamin water that is high in potassium (you can also eat bananas, I suggest combining them because that vitamin water also replaces Vit. B's that have been depleted from your system by the drug). I know vitamin water and bananas won't hurt the baby. I hope there's something in this text that will be of use to you. Best of luck to anyone suffering and pregnant. My thoughts and prayers go out.
I'm exactly where you are riqht now i am 35 weeks preqnant and i don't want my beautiful baby qirl to be addicted to oxycodone. I am so upset because i take alot prolly like 60 millaqrams a day....I'm sure we could help eachother threw this!!
I am 20 weeks prego and am addicted to percocet. I have been taking extremely small pieces of soboxene so that the withdrawls are minimized to almost nothing. I am so scared and paranoid all the time and have crazy anxiety attacks that I have hurt my baby. With my first child I took nothing....so annoying. I am all realy scared because i am missing disks in my back and have extreme hip pain but i just want to try and deal with it. At least this site is making not feel so alone. Is there anyone that has written that had there babys and everything was just fine? Thanks
I was only taking 20-40mg a day and my baby is not autistic, DO NOT DO THIS TO YOUR BABY! I now live everyday knowing what i did to my son. My side and my husbands side of the family where all clean living people and my husband aswell, no history of any health issues. I know that this was because of the percocet use. DONT do this to your baby, any mg of oxycodone is too much because it stays in your blood and theirfor your baby's. Just because he isnt born addicted doesn't mean he will have SERIOUS neurological problems growing up.
Sorry I ment to say he IS autistic, once again please dont take any meds the pain i suffer looking at my son growing up is more then i can bear, knowing i did this to him..
i can relate.... i was there last year...if u need to talk msg. me you'll be ok!!! write anytime.....
I have to play devils advocate.
Maybe your babies weren't born "addicted" or so you thought. Maybe the 15 month old, or 6 months old are smart as a whip and doing great. What you don't know is the after affects. I did foster care for six years for drug exposed infants and kids. They do well until they start missing milestones. My seven year old adopted son was born to a mother who used Percocets and Oxycontin throughout her pregnancy. He has severe panic attacks, is bipolar and as his colon was developing, while she was pregnant, the nerves didnt form right. This has caused his colon to not work, and he takes laxatives twice a day just to poop, and he still suffers and cries when he has too. If your baby is born and has ten fingers and a chubby little cute face, you are kidding yourself if you think you aren't or haven't caused damage. Read some studies, medical literature. Read about Fetal Alcohol syndrome, Infant drug toxicity etc, autism. Just because someone claimed they "took a ton of stuff" and "my baby was fine" doesn't mean anything. If there is a time in your life you need to get educated about a subject, this is it. I don't mean to give anyone a hard time, I just wanted to post from the other side, a woman raising the kids from drug addicted mothers. Its a hard job. The kids don't get a fair deal. Good luck.
I now see the original post was from 2007.
im 35 weeks pregnant and only take one to two perks a day do you think my baby will be ok and not withdrawl (withdrawal) some days i dont even take them
Im 23 years old! I am 7 weeks pregnant ( I think ) I find out on nov. 9th how far I really am ! I also hear the heartbeat !! I'm very excited! But iv had 2 major back surgeries and other surgeries throughout my life! I have medical problems like you wouldn't believe! So I take 10 mg percocets daily! I went down to a hlf in the morning a hlf in the afternoon n a hlf at night. But I was withdrawling cus I'm ust to takeing alot more!! So I went bk up to now 5 mgs and one in the morning one two in the afternoon and two at night!! What I would like to kno Is does the perks cross the placenta?? Can it potentonally harm my child? I kno I need to stop takeing them about a month or so before I give birth inorder for the baby to not withdrawl (withdrawal) but I need to kno if I'm harming my child!!! I have a high risk pregnancy cus of my medical history so I really need to b safe!!! I would greatly appreciate the advice!! Xoxo Alicia xoxo  
please dont stop cold turkey you will w/d and the stress of that alone will cause problmes your baby will notice and not like his mom suffering and it stress the baby out same as your baby reacts to loud noises or you yelling dont worry your baby will not be doped up and slow or a addict the docs will help your baby and you but the baby can ceanse its system 100%fasster than you can baby has all brand new parts and they all work at 1000 miles per hour just think about tappering of have a good plan and just follow thru with it but stop taking pills because you want to and need to it has to be truly for you and about you and the qulity of life you want to have with your new baby and for yourself .. We all here are here for eachother so we can always support and help eachother  congrats with new baby and GOODLUCK  and if you need a freind im here for ya
HI EVERYONE, I AM ALMOST 16 WEEKS PREGNANT AND HAVE BEEN ON PAIN MEDS FOR THE PAST 10 YEARS I HAVEALOT OFBACK AND MEDICAL PROBLEMS INCLUDING NEUROPATHY, FIBROMYALGIA, CHARI1 MALFORMATION, HERMNATED & BULGING DISCS AS WELL AS A COMPRESSION FRACTURE, MY LAST DOCTOR ACTUALLY DID SEVERAL NERVE BLOCKS IN MY NECK TO PREVENT MY MIGRAINES WHICH I GOT NO RELIEF FROM & I HAVE WENT FROM STARTING OUT ON PERCOCET AND VICODEN AND WAS SLOWLY OVER THE YEARS CHANGED TO OTHER STRONGER MEDS 2 YEARS AGO I WAS ON OXYCONTIN 80MG 5 A DAY & ACTIC (FENTAYL LOLLIPOPS) AND THEN SWITCHED TO THE FENTAYL PATCHES, I SWITHCED DOCTORS AND WAS TAKEN OFF FENTAYL THEN LOST MY INSURANCE AND PUT ON METHADONE AND OXYCODONE, I AGAIN SWITCHED DOCTORS AND CURRENTLY ON OXYCADONE 30MG 8 A DAY AS WELL AS XANAX WHICH I AM BEING TAPPERED OFF OF NOW, THEN MY OB WANTS TO TAPPER THE OXYCODONE I DON'T WANT TO HURT MY BABY IN NO WAY BUT AT THE SAME TIME I'M WONDERING WHAT KIND OF SEVERE PAIN I WILL BE IN WHEN I AM OFF OF THE PAIN MEDS,  BUT I DON'T WANT MY BABY TO GO THROUGH WITHDRAWL (withdrawal) EITHER BECAUSE I KNOW ITS HARD ON US I CAN'T BEGIN TO IMAGINE WHAT IT WOULD BE LIKE FOR THE BABY. BUT THE PAST FEW WEEKS HAVE BEEN EXTREMLY ROUGH MY HUSBAND PASSED AWAY ON THE 29TH AND THE XANAX DOES HELP TO A EXTENT BUT I KNOW ITS NOT SAFE FOR THE BABY SO I ONLY HAVE A FEW DAYS LEFT OF THOSE & THAT WILL MAKE MEFEEL ALITTLE BETTER KNOWING THAT I HAVE QUIT TAKING ONE OF THE MEDS.  I DO WANT TO QUIT TAKING ALL THE MEDS & HOPE I CAN MAKE IT THROUGH THE NEXT 5 MONTHS WITH THE PAIN... DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVICE ON HOW FAST I CAN TAPPER DOWN OFF THE OXYCODONE BECAUSE I KNOW IF I DO IT  TO FAST IT CAN BE DANGEROUS ON BOTH OF US AND THIS BABY IS THE LAST PART OF MY HUSBAND I HAVE LEFT BESIDES MY 8 YR OLD SON SO I NEED THIS BABY GIRL...WHICH SHE TRULY IS A MIRACLE BABY BECAUSE WE WERE TOLD AFTER 6 YEARS OF FERTILITY MEDS THAT WE WOULD HAVE TO DO IVF WHICH WE COULD HAVE NEVER AFFORDED, AND 3 MONTHS AGO SUPRISE AND WHAT A WONDERFUL ONE IT WAS BUT NOW TO BE DOING IT BY MYSELF IS SO OVERWHELMING ALONG WITH COMING OFF THE MEDS. BUT IF ANYONE HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HOW I CAN SAFELY TAPPER OFF THE OXYCODONE WITH OUT GOING THROUGH WITHDRAWLS IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.   AND GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE GOING THROUGH THE SAME THING AND GOD BLESS
Just fate hun this is a very old post and I dont want to see it get overlooked why dont you copy your post and make a new thread .I am so very sorry for your loss .I am glad your ob is aware and is helping you. I know you want off the oxy really fast but your ob is right it can cause miscarriage ask him for a taper plan he should know what would be the safest .The scary thing here for me is they are pulling you off the xanax really fast and that can be very dangerous I know why they are doing it because of fetal risk .how long and what dosage have you been on them?
I am 29 weeks pregnant and I have not done any drugs during my pregnancy until now ,,,I felt really depressed and snorted  some crystal meth the last couple of days...im not going to do it anymore but Im having alot of back pain and a lot of movements and pressure from my baby!If I go into preterm labor will I get my baby taken away!?Or go to jail?Im so scared i dont know what to do!
You only used the one time......  and that was Meth for pain????   Just trying to understand what you are saying.....  And hope to God someone understands, for the sake of your baby,  what you are asking, because it just doesn't make sense to me.....  
YOU NEED TO TELL YOUR DOCTOR ASAP crystal meth is very daneruos for the fetus .How many days where you on it ? What prior drug usage have you had ? Do you feel like you might be going into preterm labor .Crystal meth is normally not considered something that would help at all with pain
im 28 weeks, and also addicted to roxys. Im trying to come off on myown. Im scared they will test me at hospital...what is the best way to come clean before delivery???????
NO plz talk to your doctor let them help you they will .We have NEVER had a girl that came clean with there doctor have any negative repercussion's .If anything its been the opposite they have been more then will to help the mom to be get healthy .It time to come clean to the doctor we will be here to help you with then mental part :)
hi,
i am a 33 week pregnant mom to a 13 yr. old son. when I was pregnant with my son it was the best time of my life. 6 yrs ago I was un a bad car accident and was diagnosed with an incurable disease called rsd I have had several procedured done to help with the chronic pain all only temporarly, I was blessed with this pregnancy and finding out it was a girl was even more of a blessing but due to the pain i am on 30mg percocet the dr's are aware and perscribe it to me i have cried to my ob asking what else i can do becuase i feel bad for the baby i feel like I get looked at with no respect and get an additude I feel like she offers me no answers and I leave crying to my fiance because I have so many questions that are left unanswered. My dr from the car accident spoke with my ob and they said I could be put to sleep and havee a nerve block injection but their is precautions to that as well they also said about not taking as much but they havent told me what happens when the baby is born how long she might have to stay in the hospital if she does have withdraw?? I don tknow much of anything except that I luv this lil girl more then life I have tried to deal with the pain and not takw my pain meds but then the pain gets sooo bad then I get reallly depressed and beat myself up thinkin how cant i be strong enough and deal with the pain for this lil baby shes so innocent...someome please help im open to any comments any sugestions i just dont want to not have answers and be soo shocked when shes here!!!
hi im 11 weeks pregnant and my teeth are sooo jacked up i need like 5 root canals and so much more work i am waiting on insurance from welfair. I dont take percocets daily just randomly when my teeth reallly badly hurt. Im not planning on taking them anymore im just worried that the couple ive tooken so far has already affected my baby since this is the most curcial time during pregnancy when the baby is forming. Do you think if i didnt do alot and the most i did in a day was like 5 mg and i only took one like 5 days is my baby going to be ok ? Im worried i feel terrible
I am in th same situation this is my 3 rd pregnancy with my first nothing not even soda with my second I took percocet but I can't remember how many I took n that was 3 years ago now I am on 10 mg 5times a day and smoke ciggs so I am a wreck I been on them since after my daughter was born n she is 5 I am in alot of pain after being in car accidents falling down steps and having scoliosos I take them 2 to 3 hours apart I don't want. Hurt my lil girl help me find way taper.I feel like a horrible person my doc said it safer then I realize but it don't feel right to me
Percocet does not cause autism it can be heriditary n it is more common in boys don't blame ur self that not ur fault
Hey everyone,first let me say it takes a very very strong person to get off pain pills,i to am addicted,i went 4 days 2 weeks ago without anything,as soon as i got a couple hundred in my hands i backslided and bought 20 of the 10 mg vics,and 10 of the 15 mg oxys,i knew better,i was almost past the withdrawals and getting back to normal and i ****** up,anybody who tells you its easy is a damn liar,i have 1 and a half oxys left,im trying ti ween myself off,so the withdrawals arent so bad,i tried cold turkey before,its mostly mental the physical,but the physical part is a big part too,now as far as pregnancies,let me tell you something i do no,if your child is born with norcotics in his system,wether its,percs,oxys,cocaine,marijuana,herione,your baby WILL be taken from you at the hospital and then along with you trying to quit,you will have social services in your life.2 of my children were born with cocaine int here system,it took me 2 minutes to lose my children and 2 yrs to get them back,please try and stop for that baby,im trying to quit pills for my kids,i have 5,its not an easy road,you have to commit yourself to doing this,as i am trying to...we can be each others support system,because one things ive learned a drug,is a drug,is a drug...Best of luck
Hi Im 32 weeks pregnet and  taking percs for  my tooth it hurts really bad and I can't get no work donr on my teeth till I have the baby cause I'm so far alOng I'm worried that my baby will come out addicted and I really don't want to put my baby through that I'm really worried I'm take 50mg a day and thats what it takes to mke the pain go away I hope I'm not harming my baby :(
I do not want your post missed.  So go up to the top and click on the orange ask a question tab...copy and paste your comment to that.  It will start a new thread and you can be seen by more people and get the help and support you need.
How long does it take to get  oxycodone out of your system?
I really, really feel for you. I was in your boat less than 2 weeks ago -- same dosage, same everything. I felt like I lost the joy of my pregnancy by so much worry. It seemed I didn't bond with the baby 'til around 30 weeks because I was afraid to loose him. I was able to CT for about 3 days and then replased. Before I knew it, I was running out of time.

My advice now, is to do whatever you can to get off these things. You still have time. Nothing is more horrible than dealing with a newborn(who may be in WD's) while you are in WD's yourself. That's where I am right now -- along with toddler twins AND an older child. Don't be afraid to come clean with whomever you can find for help.

Free yourself from them as much as possible so you can enjoy your baby and pregnancy -- so you don't have to live with the guilt and fear.

My baby was born at 36 weeks. Amazingly, he had no WD's. However, while they had me doped up in the hospital, I pumped as much breastmilk as possible. If he seems to be wound up, I give him some...which has now ended. It seemed my breastmilk tapered him. However, the earlier you have your baby, the less likely they are to be born with WD's.

I owe my miracle to God. I got on my knees and cried for a miracle. I told Him I trusted he would give me one. I got up, and my water broke.

Now, I need my own miracle. Recovering from a c-section with all these kids AND being in withdrawal has been the worst thing I have ever experienced.

I feel your pain.
I'm pregnant right now and I'm on maybe one -two 30mgs a day . I'm trying hard to get off them but it's not easy I'm scared to just stop I'm afraid my BA u will withdrawal
I can't advise you on what to do about the withdrawals, but I am an expert on chronic migraines, as I have suffered with them for years, with them becoming chronic (15 or more per month) within the past 6 months.  My neurologist began Botox injections (recently FDA approved for chronic migraines), which are administered every 3 months.  They are a TREMENDOUS help, and with each successive treatment, if you are still getting breakthrough headaches, they will get even better.  You definitely would qualify as having "chronic migraine".  Have your doctor approve you through your insurance for this procedure.  It is a lifesaver and you will not even need meds for them anymore!  This is a must-do for you if you are worried about your migraines coming back!!
I'm 37 week and take have a problem with low dose.  Pain pills I can go in labor anytime if me or the baby test positive for them with non prescribed to me can they take my baby away
YOu most def need to let doc know you take xanax, was everything ok in your ultrasound and all other tests thus far? I dont want to scare you either but xanax is catagory x meaning it is known to cause birth defects and other serious issues like down syndrom (syndrome) or neural deffects in an unborn baby, I take oxycodone for chronic pain and my doc says it wil lnot harm the baby but we are working together to taper myself off enough prior to delivery that my baby should not experience withdrawl (withdrawal) at least we hope I am still doubtful but I know at this point although so far I have managed to taper each month and still have time to taper some more I will not ever be able to come completely off. Prios to finding out I was pregnant I was taking xanax and klonipin (klonopin) for my severe anxiety, as soon as I found out I was preg I looked up all 3 scripts and learned then that its not at all safe to take any tpe of benzo (xanax. klonipin (klonopin) etc) while preg so I tapered for two weeks then quit cold turkey and I was miserable for nearly two months and I still struggle really bad with anxiety but I will only take half a klonipin (klonopin) 1mg if it is bad enough that I cant breath and my limbs go numb and only becaues if my limbs are not getting oxygen neither is baby, but thats only once or twice a month I have been taking hot showers and practicing my breathing with a wet wash cloth when it starts to get bad which is usually a few times a week, at this point your so far along that you cant just quit cold turkey but you need to only take when you absolutely have to and doc needs to know right away, as for the percocet its category b and sometimes c so it wil not harm your unborn baby but if you are still taking high mg dosages at delivery baby will need to be treated for withdraw so again doc needs to know, if you have experienced withdraw before you know its the worst thing you can ever feel, you do not want baby to feel that way and not get any relief at all because no one knew:-( I pray and hope baby is ok, I would think by now if there was any abnormalities it would have been obvious in ultrasound, so your shoudl be safe there, however only time will tell what type of mental, or neurological deffects if any the xanax may have had. Good luck
I could really use some help too. I'm 33 Weeks pregnant and I've been taking percocet for severe migraines. I don't want my baby to be born addicted but I can't stop taking them and live with the pain. I'm afraid that if I tell my doctor then DSS or any other group of social workers will take my son away from me when he's born. So part of me feels I should just keep quiet, but part of me feels I should just tell my doctor whats going on so they know when I do give birth. I've tried to stop cold turkey (which now I know is really bad) but I just can't stand the withdrawing symptoms. Someone please help me, I really don't want to loose my son, I want to be able to keep him more then anything, and I feel so selfish and pathetic for doing this to him.
TELL your doctor!  They can't help you if you do not tell them.  They have heard it all.  the sooner you do the better.  They can help you figure out what do to do help you and your baby so that all goes well!  Do not stop cold turkey, it will stress the baby out.  If you do not tell them now, it will not be good at birth as they will drug test and if your doctor does not know....it could get real messy.  Please ask for help.  
But I'm afraid that if I tell my doctor then they will call DSS (or something along the lines of them) on me and have my baby taken from me the minuet he is born.
If you are truthful they want a good pregnancy and good result and want you to be safe.  If you do NOT tell them and they find out via drug test and they will test, yes child welfare will be called and it will be far worse.  If you have the doctor on your side it will go much better.  You are taking them for a legitimate reason.  Do not let this slide.  The doctor has to know, they will be very upset if you are not truthful.  Please do this for you and the baby.  If you try to quit..you will stress the baby and that is even worse.  
Hello. My name is Lindsay & I'm 19 yrs old. Almost a yr ago I was in a terrible car accident where I broke my shoulder my pelvic & my femur bones. I was on the hospital for a long time n ovcourse my doctor had me on perc and OxyContin. Diff milligrams & a lot of it! I shortly became addicted & I've been taking them ever since. I've tried n.a . But I jus couldn't get over the sickness and withdrawl (withdrawal). I'm now 11 weeks pregnant and I'm so scared. Currently I'm takin about 5 30mg perc a day. My doctor also told me not to quit cold turkey but to wein myself down: I'm not so sure I can do that but she thinks I can. Others have told me to get on methadone. My mom works at a method one program and strongly discourages it. I'm stuck and I have no idea Wut to do. I'm so worried i I'm hurting my baby or it's gunna go through withdrawl (withdrawal) when born. Someone please help me. I don't really have anybody my dad is also two yrs clean today, and he absolutely hates me for this. He wants me to stop cold turkey and I've already told him doctors and everyone else says no! But he's in n.a n thinks he knows everything about addiction. I'm sick of feeling like a peice of **** and I didn't choose this! I jus choose to not stop when I could! I didn't think it would be this bad. N now the only reason I even want to do something is for my first child! Please helppppp! :(
Lindsay-  Call your doctor and tell her you need to know EXACTLY how to taper off the pills. If it's done properly, it's relatively painless. But, you have to stick with it.
You just have to make your brain understand that you have to do it!  It IS unsafe to stop cold turkey and Methadone is not the answer either.

Call the doctor right now and get a plan going. Let us know what she says.
my girlfriend is 17 wks pregnant she took 100 mgs of loratab in less than 24 hrs can that hurt the baby
hi i am addicted to perks i have been since i was 16 years old and now i just found out i was pregnant a few weeks ago and i tried to stop taking the perks but i can and i tried to slow down with taking them i still can, any suggestions i dont want my baby addicted and my boyfriend doesnt know that im on them and i dont want him to know either. i want to get off of them but i just like being on them and i dont want the doctors when i give birth to find out that i have been taking them because then my boyfriend will find out dont want that either sooooooo please help me deal with this little issue i have please also do they test the baby for drugs after its born and if they do if they find drugs in the babys system can they call dcf to take the baby away from me please help this is my fisrt child and i want it to be happy and health when it is born. write back and tell me what i have to do please take any suggestions thanks alot people hope to hear from someone im helpless right now!!!!!?
Hi ally and welcome! You may want to start your own post as this one is pretty old! You will get lots of advice and support! Just click the Post a Question button and type away!

You are not alone! There have been lots of pregnant women who have been in your same situation! You can read their stories!

The best advice you are going to get is to talk to your doctor about this! You must be completely honest with them! Do not suddenly stop taking the pills as this will directly affect your baby! I believe that in most all areas they will drug test the baby and there could be consequences if the baby tests positive for opiates, and your doctor is not already aware of this!

Please take care! Keep posting! We are here to help and we do care! Congrats on your pregnancy! You can get throughout this! All the very best to you!!
I am 34 weeks prego and 4 days. I began taking oxycodone on and off about 2 months ago due to bad pain on my left side. My doctor prescribed me percks 5/700 but that didn't do anything I quickly found out that if I brake 1 30mg tab into 2 which is 15 mg without the acetaminophen that worked better and I didn't have to worry about liver damage. I said today will be my last day since I recently found out that I no longer have any pain I'm just use to taking the med now. I'm having a c section at 39 weeks so I guess I have 5 weeks until my lil girl will be here, I'm wondering if that's enough time for my baby to not have any drugs in her system to not be born addicted. I'm not worried about me going threw withdraw because I can go a couple days with out the med I just choose to take them if I see them & the most I get not taking them is an attitude. So my question is " is 5 weeks long enough for my baby to get this drug out her system and not be born addicted?"
hi im new to this site and im in the same postion as the one you are helping addicted to oxycodone and pregnant. I was wondering how do I find fladdick?
that makes since but I wonder something if you stop before the baby is born will that change anything? even if they were taking them throughout the pregnancy and stopped right before? cause if it doesn't that's discouraging to all mothers who are trying to get help.