Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
remeron
About This Community:

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

remeron

i stopped taking remeron a couple of days ago. the doctor put me on it for the side effect of weight gain. i haven't gained a pound in the 4 months that i have been taking it. i don't really suffer from depression too much. when i got down to the last 2 pills i took them every other night. i have a new job starting this week. although i am well versed in stopping opiates, this is new to me. i am not really worried but forwarned is forarmed. spelling? any thoughts?
  to everyone quitting opiates: don't give up! you can do it! peace, sway
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
617347_tn?1331296681
hi, sway,

i just wanted to wish you the best and all the luck with your new job :)

(no idea about remeron )
Blank
495284_tn?1333897642
No clue about the remeron either but wanted to wish you the best in your new job too!!     sara
Blank
736475_tn?1281262927
laurel and sara, thank you ladies! i am sure all will be well, because if it's not, this time i can handle it. i'm just grateful to be alive and still well enough to be able to work. life is good. sway
Blank
495284_tn?1333897642
Im so proud of you sway!!  You are gaining so much confidence and finally enjoying your life!!!      sara
Blank
271792_tn?1334983257
Hi Hun,

Good to see you!

Oddly enough, my mom was on Remeron. What I do recall from it was that the doctor did a quick taper with her to come off of it. One every other day and so on type of thing but it is best to let your doctor recommend a schedule.

I am so happy for you with the new job. Best of luck.

Let's talk soon!!
Blank
736475_tn?1281262927
my doctor just went on a 2 week vacation. lol. the covering doctor says i have to come in. i will wait and see. i think after all i've been through, this should be doable. keep your fingers crossed!
Blank
242912_tn?1402547092
Hey sway, I was on Remeron a long time and quit it without a problem.  It Did make me gain weight.  Sorry it didn't have that desired effect for you.  Good luck with your new job!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Addiction: Substance Abuse Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank