Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
smoking pot

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

smoking pot

I just quit smoking pot and was woundering how long it takes to get out of my system?
Avatar n tn
Is their anything I can do to get my system cleaned sooner?
Avatar n tn
One misunderstanding about marijuana is that it stays in a person's system for a month or more.  It is not THC (the psychoactive compound in marijuana) that stays in the body fat but it is the metabolites (break down compounds) of THC that remain detectable in the body for long periods.  It is ironic that the least harmful of all recreational drugs puts the user at risk of detection for the longest amount of time.  From personal experience I can say that the effects of marijuana are gone after 3-4 hours whereas the effects of the legal drug, alcohol, can still be felt 3-4 DAYS after consumption.  Unfortunatly there is no scientificly proven way to shorten the time that THC metabolites are detectable from urinalysis.  You could go to: http://www.urineluck.com/faq.html but since the product is called Urine "Luck" I wouldn't bet the farm on it.  If I knew that I had an upcoming urine test I would NOT give the first urine of the day as a sample.  I WOULD drink large amounts of water in order to dilute any THC metabolites that might be present.  Diluting your urine by drinking a lot of water is not enough.  You would also have to increase the density (specific gravity) of the sample by adding salt (approx. one teaspoon) to the (5 oz.?) sample.  I would also be sure that I had taken a creatine supplement.  Creatine is a naturally occuring amino acid in the body, it "proves" that your urine sample is really urine, not water.  Get it at your local health food store.  Of course, if you could add salt to your urine sample without being observed before handing it to the "pee gestapo" you would also have the opportunity to substitute a clean urine sample (obtained from a friend I presume) that you carried in a condom tucked into your underwear. Just make sure the sample is warmer than 90 degrees farenheit, "double-bag" the clean sample if you are worried about leakage, ***** the condom(s) with a pin carried somewhere on your person, fill the sample cup and hand it over to the "Tinkle Nazis".  If it is not apparent already, my opinion on urine testing is, "If they want a urine sample, give it to them in thier coffe cup".  If an employee is in a safty sensitive job then use a computer program for "performance testing".  Fatigue and illness have a greater negative effect on performance then drugs have but there is more profit to be made by creating a drug testing industry that does multiple tests and charges around $35 dollars per test than in selling companies a computer program one time that would more accuratly measure an employee's ability to perform thier job safely.  Think about it.