Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
suboxone use for rapid detox?

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

suboxone use for rapid detox?

I am looking into a rapid Suboxone taper??? Anyone have advise?? I am going to keep this as short and sweet as possible.... had 15 years clean and sober. Had major multiple surgeries...was on Oxycodone, Oxycotin for 8 weeks (needed) and then told my Dr. I wanted to taper off. He put my on Vicodine told me to go down to 4 per day (550's I think they were) anyway..unable to taper, found people to buy more off from, even scored HEROIN (scary to do when you are 40 year old mother of 2 and successful career woman) once when I was out for a 3 day period until the next prescription came in. I can't get under taking 6 per day..it has now been 8 months...I am too proud to tell my family or work or ANYONE. I am fully functioning but mentally a mess! I want my old life back. My connection has Suboxone, I know I should seek a Dr. and go through it with them but I am paranoid then it will be in my medical records, insurance etc.
I was wondering if anyone knows a taper method with suboxone for about 8-14 pills that they have tried and done? Any suggestions are welcome. I know I have to wait 24-36 hours to start (must be in w/d) to start, and start at 4mg and see how it feels...but how quick to I taper them?

I am sorry but it is a violation of our guidelines to provide taper schedules.

I know you don't want to hear this but you should not take Suboxone purchased on the street. Suboxone is a program and not intended for a short detox. It should be prescribed and monitored under a doctor's care and followed by counseling. It is a way to help you get your life back and learn to live without the use of drugs.

I know I sound like some stuffy old lady who is preaching the perils of drug use. Not the case. I am speaking from experience and many years of drug use. If you want to get off and stay off, please consider doing it under medical supervision.

I wish you the best. Stick around and listen to other member's advise.
I know and if you sound like something I would have said years ago to a sponsee. I knnow that what you are saying is the correct information. However this is the situation I am in right now, there are a lot of reasons of not wanting to go through a Dr. mostly privacy and clean record. I personally would like to keep it that way. It is sad that there is no true confidenitality now with Dr. they have to notify your insurance and all that information will be on record..somewhere. I am not in a possition to have anything on me in files somewhere.
Hi~  Just pay cash at a doctors ofc.  Many people keep their true identities a secret,
know what I mean?    I've done it myself...cash only...no problem/no paper trail.  AND,
if you have " no insurance" sometimes fees are discounted.

Try it...

V.
Of course suboxone can be used for a short detox. I came off of 22.5 mgs of methadone in 15 days using suboxone. This was done in a medical detox facility where i stayed for 3 weeks total. When i walked out i was drug free and had already endured the worst of the withdrawals. There were still little niggles here and there but nothing too overwhelming.
I have never read any literature where it states that suboxone is contraindicated for use in a short term detox.

Just my two cents. All the best.Regards Jeremy.
This is a huge releif to hear. I need to get my life back and fast. I am not someone who doens't know what recovery is all about, as I said I had 15 years...I still have not had a drink since then. I am just strung out on these pills and so unhappy that I can't do it on my own.
I just can't go more than 2 days with out freeking out b/c of w/d symptoms. I am sure it will be pricey.