Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
tramadol addiction australia

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

tramadol addiction australia

Gday everybody.
tramadol I have read lots on people having trouble getting of tramadol, but I never read how people feel months or years after they have got of tramadol,  does life get so much better once you get of this drug..I only take 200mg a day but thats too much if i can go clean and start to feel like i did before i started on this drug I take it for back pain... thanks any help will be great
the docters really got this pill wrong and its addiction quality. I took it for three years at 300 mg a day and when i quit cold turkey it was very hard but doable. it has all the withdrawl (withdrawal) symtoms (symptoms) of a real opiod. i went three weeks with no sleep  really bad back and muscle pain, no energy and restless leg syndrome. im not at all trying to scare you but get off of these i think its harder in ways of withdrawl (withdrawal) symptoms than other opoids.but you can do it and hope  it goes well.
I was on Tramadol for 5 yrs.  Abusing for 2 or 3.  I am now eight months clean and life is so amazing.  It was a rough road at times, but, so very worth it.  
This drug is a synthetic opiate and is very hard to come off.  You should not go cold turkey to come off this drug.  Avisg can help you with a tapering plan.  
You can get off of tramadol and feel great.  It may take some time, but, I promise, if you are patient you will be ok.  Stay here and post.  This forum saved my life.  
Thanks for the comments .It's hard to read all the comments about the pain and all the problems with going through the withdrawal process..And then there is not any comments saying they come out the otherside and life is a whole lot better ..thanks avalancheblanche...
Tramadol was designed as a alternative to coedeine.  They gave free access to it to some heroin users who reported that is was difficult to get high on ( and can we have something else instead). It thus gained a role in people at risk of drug abuse. It seemed to work better than codeine and when serotonergic receptors were classifed they noted Tramadol an non opiate effect here.... which explained its better efficacy than codeine.  The drug reps told the world and Tramadol became the most commonly precribed (rather than used or sold) opiate on the planet.
Due to enzyme differences 10% of people will get side effects before pain relief so Tramadol may not work for you.
All opiates are to a degree addictive tramadol is probably the best of the bunch.
Having said this most meds are kinda addictive...when my grandma stops the ibuprofen she can't move etc...she is heavily reliant on it.
So if you need it to function and have tried lesser drugs (paracetamol, NSAIDS etc) give it a go.
Like many things when you use it has an affect on addiction.....if you use it for three weeks after a painful knee reconstruction you are unlikely to relate trmadol to happy thoughts and addiction is uncommon.