Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
vicodin no longer gives me the energy feel good feeling

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Even though I have upped the dose I no longer get the euphoria from the med which is why I'm quitting. I actually feel sick now when I take them and very anxious. Does anyone else feel so terrible on them? I used to feel endless energy and very confident  and like I could do it all but now I take them to just ward off the w/d's which will be coming in about 24hrs. I just never heard anyone say these make them feel anxiety or crappy and would like others opinions.

... it did the exact same thing to me.  and many others i've talked to.

it's good your body is feeling so terrible on them because now you want to stop.

good luck...
-mj

good for you!!!!  :-)
Agreed, I stopped getting the " energy buzz" from them a long time ago. I continued to take them and increase the dose to get that feeling back. It never did come back. I just took more and wasted more money, time, liver and my life. I am on day 4 of none. My husband helped me wean down over the course of two weeks until I was taking two a day. Then none. Do I miss it?? Yea. Do I want some now, yea. Am I going to get any??? NO WAY!!! I don't think I could go through the withdrawls again. Besides, my man IS awesome btu everyone has their limits :)
I agree I could take 8 at a time and still get nothing but a bunch of un needed anxiety. I'm sure this will help with the psychological w/d because I had a hard time stopping when I was still getting a high from them now I know I can't get that high or energy burst than it's like why bother. I just wish that ment w/d was easier but I don't think that's gonna happen but I do really think it will help with my recovery. I will only take vicodin and won't even try another narcotic because I don't wnat to create new addictions. So if I ever need it for pain for my migraines at least I know I won't get euphoria from it.
I have a strange reaction to vicodin now. I was prescribed vicodin about 5 years ago and id get a euphoric relaxed and nice to everyone feeling. About a year ago the doctor put me back on them but now every time I take them for my chronic pain, I start arguments with everyone, everything annoys and bothers me. Im in a horrible mood and instead of that relaxed feeling im overly energized cleaning everything. Its so weird! I must have some type of reaction to it now.