Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
what exactly is Klonopin

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

what exactly is Klonopin

My Dr. persciped Klonopin for axiety. Someone also told me that it is used for withdrawals from narcotics.  I use vicoprophen occassionally for migraines and disk pain.  Is this a bad combination?  I don't want to get addicted to either, but from what I've been reading on the forums, some people have difficulty getting off it.  I took 60mg of oxycotins a day for 2 years, along with 5-6 percocet 650's and stopped them for 6 weeks, the headaches and back pain were too much, but  I did not want to go back to the oxy's and perc's my Dr. said vicoprophen was not as strong, someone fill me in please. When I went off the other stuff I really didn't have any major withdrawals, just pain as usuall and a little nervousness.
I forgot to tell you, my Dr. also put me on Panlor, what is this?
Hi susie, welcome to the forum from hell (just kidding),
Ever use Valium or Xanax or Librium? Klonopin is a member of the same drug family, called benzodiazepines. They are especially effective anti-anxiety, muscle relaxant and tranquilizer drugs. Klonopin is also used as an anti-seizure drug. Among these drugs, Klonopin is longer acting. Like Valium and the others, it is fairly addictive. Like Valium and the others, it is tricky to go off of after using it for a long time. Klonopin and Vicoprofen makes for a potent combination. If you're taking them for migraines and disk pain, they should provide considerable relief. You should not combine these two in situations where you have to be alert, such as while driving or working. Vicoprofen contains hydrocodone, a potent narcotic pain killer. Hydrocodone is addicting as well. Used as prescribed, however, both drugs are relatively safe and very effective. Where Klonopin gets tricky is when you've been taking it on a daily basis for a while and try to suddenly quit. Abruptly discontinuing drugs of this class is very dangerous and can bring on seizures. If you use it for a long time, just remember to taper off of it when you want to quit. Pamelor is an anti-depressant drug.

Like all drugs of its class, Klonopin is very effective in easing  withdrawal symptoms from narcotics. This fact alone, however, should not cause you alarm. Use it as prescribed and you'll be OK.
Hey don't leave us hanging.  Exactly why did the 2 people you were telling us about think you were seeking drugs? Of course you wanted pain meds after what you went through.  I know when I was in the hospital they hooked me up to an I-V with demoral, I pushed that damn thing every ten minutes.  After they hung the second bag I noticed they started acting kind of funny.  Saying stuff like gee you certainly are going through alot of demoral, are you in that much pain, even the doctor commented on it. I really didn't care. They shouldn't not give you your pain meds just because you were in the hospital that's not fair.  I missed your post also they are always so right on.  Hang in there.
Sorry for the tacky Pig Latin above.  Please let us know your there. Your buds on this board miss you alot.  Let us know what is going on in your world.  Pardon this being in your thread Susie.  Oh, and Susie how lucky you were to not have any side effects from quitting the Oxy and the Percs.  I tried it once and what I felt like was a scene out of THE EXORCIST.  My husband and kids had to practically slide the food under my door.  My husband in fear for his life slept on the couch!  I have Fibro, Arthritis in my back all kinds of fun stuff Oy Vay!
I just thank god that the combination of meds I am on give me such quality of life!  Before I got the right combination of meds. I was in bad shape.  I hardly went farther than the mailbox.  My kids would play with their dad in the neighborhood and for the longest time the neighbors thought my husband was a widower (I swear that is true).  I tell my Dr. if I ever come into money he will be in the will.  
Geesh there I go rambling again. Its always about Kimmie isnt it!  Sorry about that.  Vicodin Gurrl send us a sign that you are still there and you miss corresponding with some of us!
Sincerely,
Kimmie (aka the insomniac who cant seem to shut up)
Tank you for your support and invitations to post again to those who put them out to me...I've certainly been better guys.  I spent the last 2 nights in the hospital with first a migraine, and then a SPINAL headache which I received as a result of a botched lumbar puncture (spinal tap) performed the initial night.  I was given Dilauded IV 'round the clock and still suffered intractable pain.  Not to mention being treated like the world's biggest addict by some of the hospital staff.   It was a really terrible experience I was at my wits end.  I am a healthcare professional and am APPAULED that some doctors and nurses can LIVE with themselves given the way they treat their patients...(in all fairness, I was treated inexcusably by two of the people who cared for me, everyone else was wonderful).  Anyway, I don't have a lot to say right now, am pretty exhausted and down.  I may never have relief from my migraines, and after the events that occurred while I was hospitalized, (being most likely labeled a "drug seeker" by the two affore mentioned "healthcare workers") I will likely not receive the appropriate and necessary treatment for pain anymore, either.  I'm sure Doc Dan and Bryce are probably thrilled to hear this, not to mention that LOVELY individual who wished me good riddance on a prior post.  Sorry for the bitchy attitude, but I am just having a pretty rough time right now.  Peace y'all, and I truly hope you are all well...
The perscription the Dr. gave me is Panlor DC for pain. The bottle says DIHY-COD TT/APAP/CAFFEINE it also has a DEA number next to it. What I'm concerned about, is I believe this is another narcotic of some sort, and I'm afraid to mix it with the Vicoprohen.  I'm not one to like to catch a buzz, that's why I won't take stadol or demeral,, I don't even drink alcohol, but I took 1 vicoprohen and 1 panlor and felt very funny, unlike just taking the vicoprohen every 6 hours, I tried to call the pharmacist but they were too busy I got tired of being on hold.  Anyone out there know what this is? Thanks
if you're out there, please don't let one voice drive you away. You have as much right to be here as anyone. I enjoy your posts and value your point of view. hope to hear from you again.
Hi vicodin girl glad to see you back here. Everyone including myself think you should be here to receive support. Sorry about your unfortunate stay at the hospital. Why are you going to the hospital with migraine headaches? Did you ask for dilaudid 4 for headache/migraine relief. If you did that is why your are being termed a drug seeker. Drug seeker is a polite term for addict. Any doctor that prescribes dilaudid 4 for migraines is not looking out for your best interest. You should be treated with migraine medicine not narcotics for severe burns or trauma. The solution for migraines lies in more specific medication not narcotics. Occasional use of a narcotic for migraines is practical but not on a daily basis or even 3 times a week. You need to find out what is causing the migraines and remove the trigger. If you are not already addicted to opiates you will after dilaudid 4's.
Its sounds like your problem  with coping with job stress/burnout and maybe a less stressful job would be in order. No job is worth getting addicting to narcotics over. If you feel you are in need of a opiate or narcotic think about buprenorphine. It is far less addicting than vicodin or dilaudid and will actually correct the imbalance in you endorphin receptors. This imbalance that happens, if you do not have it now you are setting yourself up for it by remaining on this path.
The reason for this imbalance is directly due to ingesting opiates on a regular basis. And is the cause for opiate addiction. Remaining on opiates lowers your pain threshold and when you come off of the dose you are receiveing you will have rebound pain which will require the use of a higher dose or a sronger narcotic. One way to combat this syndrome is through the use of buprenorphine. This drug is the first of a new generation of opiates of the future. Maximum pain releif without the major problem of addiction and severe withdrawals.My best to you. Hang in there and god bless..
Sincerely, Doc Dan
Way to go V. G.!  Don't apologize, he had it coming.  And "DOC" Dan, PLEASE do not use this ridiculous nickname on this board.  As you will note above, someone now thinks you are an M.D., which is FAR from accurate.  If you are going to use the nickname, PUT IT IN QUOTES SO PEOPLE WILL KNOW YOU'RE NOT A DOCTOR!!  And, I respectfully suggest you stop spouting off about people not using narcotics WHEN YOU KNOW VERY LITTLE ABOUT THEIR SITUATION.  Finally, it's hard to put much stock in your advice when you can't even spell properly.  CYA, Dr. Feelgood.
The medicine you're talking about (Panlor DC) looks to be the generic of Synalgos-DC.  It has dihydrocodone, caffeine, and tylenol in it.  So, in other words, it's like Vicodin with caffeine added.  Dihydrocodone is just a different narcotic than what's in your Vicoprofen.

So be careful about double-dosing yourself!

Ironsides Elmo
Hi vicodin girl glad to see you back here. Everyone including myself think you should be here to receive support. Sorry about your unfortunate stay at the hospital. Why are you going to the hospital with migraine headaches? Did you ask for dilaudid 4 for headache/migraine relief. If you did that is why your are being termed a drug seeker. Drug seeker is a polite term for addict. Any doctor that prescribes dilaudid 4 for migraines is not looking out for your best interest. You should be treated with migraine medicine not narcotics for severe burns or severe trauma. The solution for migraines lies in more specific medication not narcotics. Occasional use of a narcotic for migraines is practical but not on a daily basis. You need to find out what is causing the migraines and remove the trigger.
Its sounds like your problem is with coping with job stress and maybe a less stressful job would be in order. No job is worth getting addicting to narcotics over. If you feel you are in need of a opiate or narcotic think about buprenorphine. It is far less addicting than vicodin or dilaudid and will actually correct the imbalance in you endorphin receptors. This imbalance that happens, if you do not have it now you are setting yourself up for it by remaining on this path.
The reason for this imbalance is directly due to ingesting opiates on a regular basis. And is the cause for opiate addiction. Remaining on opiates lowers your pain threshold and when you come off of the dose you are receiveing you will have rebound pain which will require the use of a higher dose or a sronger narcotic. One way to combat this syndrome is through the use of buprenorphine. This drug is the first of a new generation of opiates. Maximum pain releif without the major problem of addiction and severe withdrawals.My best to you. Hang in there and god bless..
Sincerely, Doc Dan
Well Dan, here we go again.  I have been under the care of a MIGRAINE SPECIALIST (a NEUROLOGIST who is a leading researcher in the field of migraine headaches) for many years.  Again, you have spouted information as if you are the foremost expert in EVERY field.  Clearly, you are not. (Please pardon my RUDENESS, while I'll be the FIRST to admit to being a rather enormous ***** much of the time, TODAY takes the cake for reasons I will explain shortly).  IF you are interested in the FACTS regarding the extent to which I am being managed, here is a list of what I take daily: Atenelol, Diltiazem, Paxil, and Depakote for PREVENTATIVE treatment of migraine headaches.  REGARDLESS of these AGGRESSIVE therapies, I am plagues with 4-8 migraines per month.  I was GIVEN the Dilauded IV/IM while hospitalized as I will NOT TAKE Demerol (it is a dirty, poorly metabolized drug and not good for much) and my DOCTOR believes that once my other numerous (I will list them for your INFORMATION) RESCUE drugs (Caffergot, DHE, Solu-Medrol, Compazine, Phenergan, Imitrex injectable, Fiorinal, and Vicodin) have proven ineffective, there is no use ******* around with BULLSHIT drugs like Torodol and the like.  I was TREATED as a DRUG-SEEKER NOT because I ASKED for this medication <Dilauded> (which I did not need to do as I have a STANDING ORDER for it at the ER), but because it WASNT WORKING and I had the NERVE to ask for more.  God help me if I wanted some ******* relief from my pain, right DAN??? Anyhow,I just got home from spending ANOTHER 6 hours in the hospital receiving A SECOND extremely painfully placed blood patch to repair my LP LEAK.  Im a bit moody and I feel as though my spine and head are being blown up like an enourmous balloon.  Im in a HELL of a mood.  Any more advice regarding how my migraines are being SO CLEARLY mismanaged??  Save it.  Perhaps if we are both going to post here we should stay out of EACH OTHERS topic areas.  Anyway, flame away, all...I'm sure I deserve it!!!  By the WAY, thank you oh so very much for your extremely ORIGINAL advice encouraging me to get into another field.  Why didn't I think of that???  Dan, you must think I have the collective brain power of a squash and a chick pea.  Whatever did the world do before you came along?  It's a wonder we all survived this long.
Im sorry...my last post was extremely rude and absolutely uncalled for...I realize you are only trying to help, Dan.  I am simply at the end of my rope...There seems to be no hope. I'll not post again if I am too nasty for this forum, this is not me, just the pain/frustraiton talking. Peace...
Hi Doc Dan! At long last, a medical doctor on this forum. I have so much to ask...I will check in a little later when I have more time, but I wanted to express my relief that we finally have a medical professional to query.
Keep posting, don't worry about being rude. Personally, I think it's extremely rude for a person to mislead others into thinking they represent the medical profession. Enough with the Doc Dan nickname, and while you're at it--enough with the wordy posts spouting "medical" advice. As you may have noticed, someone recently posted thinking you are actually a medical doctor. And did you bother to correct them? Did you bother to reply and say, "sorry--Doc is a nickname, please don't send medical questions to me." No, no, no. Instead, you replied to Vic Gurrl with a lengthy post about her diagnosis and treatment, etc. Which further propogates the myth that you are indead a doctor.
Come on, Dan. If you want everyone else to be honest and take responsibility for their lives, why can't you do the same? Why don't you talk about your addiction experience, and lay off the phony doctor stuff. Or, go to med school and post back when you've really earned the right to name yourself "Doc Dan."
Don't worry, Vic Gurrl. You're struggling, just like the rest of us. Keep posting, and keep the faith.

PS--to the person looking for medical advice. There is a real doctor on this forum, but it's not Dan. Unfortunately, these phony personalities sometimes show up on Internet Forums. If you start a new thread with your question, you might get an answer from the REAL doctor. Good luck.
I have the greatest sympathy for you and the ordeal you just went through at the so-called hospital. I lived through a 7-year period of almost daily migraine-like (migraine intensity, migraine symptoms, but not true migraine in cause headaches). It was the most dehumanizing, humiliating and demoralizing experience of my entire life. I remember so many nights lying on a gurney in an ER, so sick I couldn't open my eyes without screaming from the pain, and looking up into the face of the "physician" attending me and being met with looks of abject contempt and outright hatred -- simply because I was in so much pain that they were being "forced" to give me narcotics. I looked up to doctors my whole life -- that is, until I went through this experience. Now, with only a few exceptions, I resent most doctors for their callousness, self-rightiousness, arrogance and greed. Those evenings in the ER changed my view of the medical profession forever. Now, I think nothing of taking every last one of them for anything I can get out of them.
You a such a valuable person here.  Has anyone ever told you that!  You are so wise!!!!!!!!! Keep up the great posts.
Sincerely,
Kimmie
This question is only for my own understanding regarding the posts listed above.... Vic G, did you verbalize to the medical staff at the hospital that you have an addiction ?? And Dan, are you a medical doctor ?? I know you don't have to be one to give good informative and accurate information... but I think it may relieve others here if they had a sense of your "doc" status. I also believe there are individuals that see any doctor as a god and would eat arsenic if a doctor said to do it.... by the same token, you do owe it to your readers so they can use their own standards to decide if they wish to accept your information as medical fact or medical information based on your experiences. And to Vic Gurrl.... you have so much chaos... I hope nobody else will pick on you... you can heal... have faith. Love, Brighty
PEACE..... everyone who comes here has something to offer. I don't think anyone should misrepresent their level of expertise... however it is also true that much valid information is presented here from people who are not doctors. One of the biggest problems I see is that there is only one doctor available to respond to the questions in this forum. And his replies leave much to be desired in most cases. Essentially, it is my observation that this board has become primarily a patient to patient information and support forum. I enter here with alot of concern about my comment cause I sure don't want to look like I am on high moral ground. I certainly am NOT. I just hope we all try to remember that we each bring our own stories here and we are all at different levels of recovery and all struggling with different levels of humility. All we can do is try to be as honest as we can... afterall our identities are unknown which is a pretty secure place to be in my opinion. If there is anything I've learned in life it's not always what we have to say ... but HOW we say it. Anyway, I opened my yap so please don't yell at me. I just don't want to see any of us hurt eachother... I think we've all hurt enough already. Love, Brighty
You are so kind also... well, I am an outsider in one way because I am not an addict.. never even smoked. But my 21 year old daughter is addicted to heroin and in treatment for the last 8 months. Just keeping her alive was the hardest thing of all because she had 7 suicide attempts in the course of her 3 year addiction. She became addicted to xanax 2 years before that. I called the doctor Back then and told him NOT to prescribe anything for her panic disorder because she was just getting a driver's license. He did it anyway and I did not know..... she became severely addicted and it eventually spiraled her into the world of street drugs and ultimately heroin. She has charges for prescription fraud, has been in 9 different treatment programs, has gone through 7 withdrawls, been to the ER at least 10 times, been baker acted 6 times, in mental wards so psychotic she did not know who or where she was ( effects of xanax), hospitalized for related medical problems about 4 times and on life support last April. We have been in and out of courts, visited her in jail, visited every psychiatrist in the surrounding 5 counties, and she has also had her bond revoked in order to jail her for her own safety between treatment options.. this is how suicidal she was. She is a beautiful girl, very smart, accepted into every college of her choice, great athlete, gifted pianist and not at all appearing to be a street type of girl. I have attended probably 60 NA meetings.. mostly with her, and been on my knees before God begging for her life, I have been hit, had our house trashed, had thousands of dollars stolen usually checks she forged, filed charges against her, been shamed in front of my community, had the police in our home all hours of the night and day, had ambulances and search helicopters over our house, and been counseled by so called trauma psychologists, naranon advocates and treatment teams. We spent last new years eve, millenium, driving to a hospital in a nearby city because she was OD'd and her brother found her.. he was stopped in the city by the police because he was running red lights and endangering pedestrians, his fiance trying to give her CPR in the back seat. The police took her into their car and called the ER who had a team waiting at the door. That same night she was released to us and she tried to use AGAIN so despondent that she had not died and so disoriented as well.  At 4 AM we had to call a crisis unit here in our town and go through this again. I have had to leave my husband and take her with me, nearly lost my marriage and sanity, and I know now  that I have gone toe to toe with the devil. Last April she planned her suicide and was nearly successful. The police came to my home and informed me she was in a hospital.. when I got there she was on life support and unconscious. They told me if she lived she may be brain injured. I told God I would accept His will but to please grant her whatever peace she could accept. Hours later a cheer went up in the intensive care unit.. she began to breath on her own. We got a lawyer went into the court and my husband in tears begged the judge to allow her into a program we found and to mandate her stay there... he said he would violate the law and take her far away in the night because we were so desperate to keep her alive somehow. WE had a legal action to force the insurance company to pay until she is terminated from the program by her treatment team... that is a whole story unto it self.... but she is still there, so that worked. The story goes on and to make it short now, she has been in a program which is primarily mental health but also for chemical dependency.. she sees a female sexual trauma counselor for a childhood rape which turns out to be a secret she kept all her life and may be the underlying reason for the panic and the continuuing drug abuse. She is also simultaneously on house arrest and she has clean time since April... I think that alone is what has given her brain the space it needed to normalize her thinking process. She is working very hard at recovery and may be coming home in December. She will then have to do intensive 5 day per week outpaient program. The house arrest is for 2 years and then she has 2 years of probation. The judge was very kind... she is withholding ajudication which has had a very positive effect on our daughter.... she has been given a chance to get a clean record if she commits herself to remaining recovered. For what it's worth, my husband and I are certain that the Xanax was the more devestating drug for her since she never abandoned it in favor of the opiate. Anyway, this is why I am here with all of you. I have gotten the right dosage of information and support from this board. I think you are all special and courageous and you give me hope to go on and to believe. Love, Brighty
Please try this website. There is no reason to suffer from pain in this day and age. A doctor has no right to let a patient suffer from chronic pain. I have learned so much about what to do when a doctor treats you like a "drug seeker" when you truly have a legitimate medical problem. This site gives you so much support and information on how to find the right doctor that truly cares about YOU instead of the money. They really do make them out there......they are just hard to find!
I am glad your back by the way!  Email me for the web site because I am not sure if I am allowed to "solicit" on here.
***@****
You mentioned in one of your posts that Demerol was a 'dirty' drug. What does that mean ?? I never heard that term before regarding a preccription med. Thanks for your reply. Hope you are investing in lots of self care. Love, Brighty
I just wanted to let you know that there is life after using narcotics. I havent taken vicodin for 2 years now so there is hope out there that it can be done and over with!!
I suffered from chronic back pain and took meds for 4 years. One day after realizing that I was going through about 15 Vicodin ES a day, (and they really did not help the pain anymore due to tolerance) I just waited for my last refill and said "screw it"! AI never went back to my doctor for my back problems again.
I went through some withdrawls but I did start tapering ahead of time. Basically it was over in a week. I must admit after a year without smoking and day 2 without vicodin, I bought a pack of cigarettes.
I knew sooner or later the time would come that I would need some kind of pain medication and sure enough, about 6 months ago, I had to have a back molar pulled. The Dentist gave me 20 vicodin with no refills.  When I took one it was like I had never taken one in my life before. They made me feel very drowsy and weak and vicodin never did that to me before. They actually SUCKED and I didnt even take them all. You have no idea how wonderful it feels to be able to type this and admit that I actually threw away a bottle of vicodin!
Everyone........there is hope and it will happen. It did for me!
Renee
I just wanted to thank you for sharing your story.  I was nearly in tears reading what you have been through with your beautiful daughter.  I thought of my own children as I read your post and the thought hit me -  this could be my life in reverse.  Instead of one of my children becoming addicted and out of control, it could be me.  No one except my husband knows of my daily struggle with narcotics.  I am prescribed them for chronic pain but after 5 years it's a daily struggle to stay at my prescribed dose.  I have the constant urge to "just take a few to feel better", and I don't mean feel better from the pain, I mean getting high. Your story has given me inspiration and your courage is so amazing.  Your daughter is so lucky to have a mom like you.  She has a wonderful life to look forward to now.  Thank you, Brighty for opening my eyes and for realizing that there *are* angels out there (like you) that care.
When I described Demerol as "dirty", I was indicating that it is broken down into a metabolite by the liver that can become very toxic to the body following a number of doses, even causing seizures in some cases.

In terms of your story, thank you for sharing what must be a horribly difficult situation with your daughter.  I must say, however, (remember this is only my opinion) that her problems seem less centered around drug abuse, and more a result of traumatic life situations that she has faced.  It seems that the drug use and abuse is simply a secondary consequence stemming from her utter misery and devestation.  As a sexual abuse survivor myself, I can understand the kind of personal pain and misery being a victim of such a tragedy can cause.  Your daughter sounds lost to me...she probably is so empty inside that she has in the past had no will to do anything if not self destructive. It is wonderful that she has now been clean.  I hope that she has others helping her with her mental health besides simply you.  It is too large of a battle for a mother to fight on her own,  I hope you both have help in coping with all of this. I wish you both so much luck in wprking through everything that has happened in both of your lives...Peace
Wow, what an incredible, moving post.  Thank you so much for sharing your difficult struggle.  Most parents would not have found the strength you have to cope with this situation.  One day your daughter will realize what a wonderful mother she has, and will realize what a treasure life is.  Until then, stay strong and expect setbacks.  As I know you have learned, they are a part of the process.  Two steps forward, one step back.  It may be a slow way to travel, but it is guaranteed to get you where you are going.  Remember to take care of YOURSELF too.  Too often people like yourself give so much of themselves, that they forget about their own needs.  Good luck and God bless. Phil
Brighty I dont know where to begin except to tell you that you are one incredible woman! Do you know your story sounds like it could be on OPRAH!  You are such survivor.  I hope that as my small ones grow older (I already call my 5 year old dauther "Thelma AND Louise) that I can be the incredible, gutsy, dedicated, beautiful person that you are.  You are truly amazing!  While other moms might just sit back and panic you went to the plate and said I will not sit back and allow this to happen.  You are in a WAR.  Do you know that you should write a book on this.  It might be good therapy for you and it would give others the courage to do whatever it takes.  You know it could be about taking control of a bad situation and how the strong survive.  I can just see you now being the featured writer on Oprah's Book Club!  My daughter is only five and she is a DOLL but is strong willed and has a mind of her own which is a good thing but could cause her problems along the path of adulthood. I was tying her little shoe today quickly as we were on our way out. She is sitting on the floor and I am pushing trying to get her shoe on I pull up her socks and notice these TWO BIG LUMPS that are on her calf area inside her leggings she was wearing.  I pulled up the bottom of one of her leggings and pulled TWO TOOTSIE POPS right out of her leggings. She just smiled and said that they were for the ride in the car.  I told her that I was customs and that she was busted!  It was so funny it made my day!
Brighty thanks for sharing that.  Truly amazing.  
Sincerely,
A Big Admiring Fan
Kimmie
Just got back to the board after the holiday. Thank each of you in particular for your kindness and encouragement. I do not think I am very special. I just handled it on a daily basis and it was a nightmare. It's interesting about kids... some seeming to have the earmarks of singlemindedness at a very early age. My daughter was the easist of my kids. I'm not sure there's a way to know ahead of time what we'd like to know. I do regret that I allowed myself to believe that since my daughter was a good student, good athlete and talented musician .... no tatoos, no rings or pins in the face (lol), nice success oriented friends, clean cut and well spoken, close to me and her dad and not at all rebellious. I had no clue this could happen. So for those of you who have young children the only thing I can say is you don't know what you don't know. I wish I had spied in her room, read her diary, removed the lock from the door and not allowed her to have a phone. She was a good kid so I did not violate her privacy. BIG BIG MISTAKE !! The other thing I feel strongly about is to NEVER throw your child out of the home in hopes they bottom out. The bottom could be death. Today my daughter has nearly 9 months clean. I would not trade that for Bill Gate's millions. She tells me she feels the same. I believe her finally. And yes, Vic Gurrl... you are right about the sexual trauma.... she is in counseling for this issue the last 5 months and I do think this has helped incredibly.  God bless all of you. You are in my prayers every day. Love, Brighty

I'll never give it up unless they lock me away and throw away the key. And if that was to happen I'd either escape or kill myself my strangling myself right there in the cell.

The reason I am so adament now is I am more than eight hours past my due time. I was experimenting with why I have blackouts in the morning at work sometimes. They are going to check me for Narcolepsy. I actually fell asleep standing up one day and fell down. I awoke when I fell. The blackouts are like REM dreams that last between 10-30 seconds. It's weird and getting more dangerous when I drive at night. I think it's the lighting. They are going to do a photic based EEG in a couple of weeks as well.

The Tonic-Clonic seizures are worse because they are long and painful, the status type lasting sometimes over 30-45 minutes and Klonopin is the main thing that controls them. I can't take the other anti-seizure stuff like tegratol or Depakote, I got really sick. Neurotin makes me suicidally depressed. Only Klonopin works for me.
is  zanax is a opiates and klonapoin to
no one can seem to figure out my back problem and ive been on lortab for 4 years which gives some relief.  can i take oxycontin with it so i have have more narcotic and less acetiminophen.  maybe lower the lortab by one a day.  i currently take 10/500 6 times a day.  thanks.  also im on klonopin for anxiety.  please tell me how dangerous this is.  thanks all!!!!!!
what does euphoria feel like?
Hello All, I just stumbled across this website while looking up information about medicines.  I think this is a great thing for people who have questions or just need to talk to others who know what they are going through.  I'm 25 and have had terrible migraines since the age of 4.  I have taken every medication under the sun it seems and maybe two have worked.  I currently take dilaudid and percocets on a daily basis, this doesn't take away the pain but it does help a little.  Most people ask how I function by taking these medicines but to tell you the truth I do not "catch a buzz" and never really have had the feeling of being sleepy or spun.
I have had all sorts of tests done, including a spinal tap but nothing seems to show up.  The pain that I fealt after the spinal tap made me want to die.  I couldn't move, and if I had to use the bathroom I would get sick on the way there.  It was too much. In recent years I have experienced muscle spasms, tremors, short term memory loss, fainting spells and speech impairment.  It's scary stuff but my doctor doesn't seem to listen to me when I tell about new symptoms.  Any suggestions?
bigboypr69,combined25and pissant....you have all posted to an old thread from december of 2000...go to the bottom of the page go back to forum and repost your questions again...you will get answers that way....