Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
work

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

work

Can i ask what everyone does for work?  Do you own your company? How any hours do you work a day/week? The reason i ask is i own a direct marketing/sales company i work about 60 hours a week and i gotta tell you stress is HUGE and i dont know if its one of my triggers or what kept me taking these pills all along but now that i'm clean it seems very stressfull and this is my livelyhood i just need to see if i'm in the average here as far as stress related jobs and trigger points .. i dont want pills  but how do you cope?? and where do you find enjoyment out of life after being clean ?
havent been clean that long but im a fisherman that breaks his back anywere from 20 to 80 hours a week and its very hard to ignore the cravings. but like i said earlier  all the neih sayers is wat keeps me clean and also its very hard to find any enjoyment in life yet but it still earlier i wouldnt say im depressed it just everything is different now or so it seems anyway good luck josh hope everything works out for you
I have 4 years clean time. I am a mother of 6.   No matter what your job is, it is hard to cope with reality-life, stress after all most of spent our time on drugs not dealing with things.
As far as enjoyment goes, I find people who don't use drugs, we go fishing, bowling, whatever we decice to do. We do it clean, and have a great time.
I have enjoyed life more cleanthan I ever did on drugs.
yes, stress i s a huge part of my triggers.  i wk in the music industry and i essentially own my own company, have many people depending on my success for their jobs and the have many pressures regarding critics etc.  i have been clean for 5 weeks tomorrow and the stress is the hardest part right now
I stopped working to do this but on day 4 and looking for new job in mid October
I am a Nanny not like you all hainv your own business but it is stressful work too
I am a medical transcriptionist and my income is based totally on my productivity.  I am sad to say that I am not off the pills yet, just still hoping and praying for the courage.  But as far as work goes, I cannot imagine doing this without the little bit of energy that I get from the pills.  As far as being happy off pills - I remember a long time ago when I was, I am not sure if it will ever be possible to have that again but I am hopeful.  I cannot really say that the pills make me happy, as I have not been even close to being happy since my husband passed away - don't know why I cannot get up the courage to get off.

Love, Cindy