Addiction Expert Forum
Best solution to drug addiction.....

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

Best solution to drug addiction.....

My cousin is just 16 now and i have heard from his father that he is addicted to some kind of drug, i don't know which one exactly. I have heard that he have even dropped out from the school due to drug. His parents are going out of the country for some kind of business. They are planning to keep my cousin in a rehabilitation center but my cousin doesn't want and he wants to be with us instead. I am really worried about him since he is just 16.
What will be the best for him....to be with us or to be in a rehabilitation center which he doesn't want. Please help me....
At 16, the responsibility is tremendous…You don’t know what kind of drugs he is using, who and what he is involved with, and if he is going to go through withdrawals. When we receive patients in their late teens, special attention is required. Due to the fact they are usually impulsive and not mature enough to understand the consequences.
Maybe he can be in a treatment center with professionals that can handle any unexpected situations while his parents are out of town. I know it can be so hard to say no to him and to him it might seem that you simply don’t care at fir st, but that is exactly the opposite. His safety at this time should be the priority. Best of luck..
Thanks a lot for such useful information. At first it was difficult to say this to him but later on with the help from counselor from the rehab center, finally he agreed to go there. After completing 1 week there, he is back with us as he wants to be with us so much. Each day a person from the rehab come to check him and he is doing great. He has started taking tuition class to fill up the gap in his studies.
He comes with me to every games i participate and it just make me happy to have him back.
Thanks again.