Addiction Expert Forum
Methadone

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

Methadone

I just found I was pregnant 5 weeks along. I'm so hooked on opiates its terrible! The w drawls are horrendous.  I live Wisconsin and was curious does your own physician prescribe methadone or do you havevto go to a clinic? Please help nervous alone
You should talk to your doctor regarding your addiction because it makes a difference on the pregnancy follow up. There are pain doctors that do prescribe it and there are clinics as well. Your Obgyn might be able to guide you to the right professional.
All the best to you and your baby.
I am not sure. Are you hooked on the methadone? Or are u looking for methadone treatment? Sorry to pry, I only ask because methadone is slowly being replaced by suboxone, I think they only use methadone for indiviuals who abused heroin for a long time. If you haven't been addicted that long suboxone would problay be the best way to go. Either way, I hope you get the help u need, it's out there for you. Please talk to someone. lots of love.