Addiction Expert Forum
Phentermine 37.5 withdrawl(withdrawal)

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

Phentermine 37.5 withdrawl(withdrawal)

I stopped taking Phentermine almost a month ago and I am still experiencing severve depression and anger, panic attacks and insomnia at night. Could this still be withdrawls I took it for a year and a half. If it is how long will it last?
I applaud your will to become drug free.  The road ahead is not an easy one, but with determination and strength of conviction it can be done.
While the withdrawal in itself may not be dangerous, withdrawal symptoms are usual with heavy use and relapse is common. Stimulant (such as Phentermine) -induce hyper stimulation of pleasure pathways which can lead to depression and fatigue months after you stop using.  It is possible that daily amino acids L-tyrosine and L-5HTP/tryptophan can help in your recovery by making it easier for the body to reverse the depletion of dopamine, norepinephrine, and serotonin.  Eat healthy, stay away from simple sugars and sodas, take a multivitamin every day. Force yourself to take daily walk or do some form of moderate exercise and stay intellectually occupied. I hope this helps. Good luck to you.
I can't hear it enough but just to be cler phentermine can have withdrawl (withdrawal) symptoms after over a year of taking them? Its hard to remember in all my sadness that iam not just crazy, how long can they last?
You probably need to talk to a psychiatrist or even your primary doc about starting you on an antidepressant. That will make all the difference.