Addiction Expert Forum
Smoking Weed & Pregnancy.

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

Smoking Weed & Pregnancy.

What are some serious short term and long term effects from smoking weed while pregnant? I'm barely 3 months, and I still smoke pot but not most of the day everyday like I did before.  Ive read up on different effects but nobody really says they are sure anything happens to the fetus, I mostly still smoke because it eases morning sickness, gives me an appetite, and helps me get to sleep at night when I don't smoke for more than a week I get sick and emotional then it gets hard for me to handle any kind of situation.
If you are pregnant it is good that you stopped smoking weed. Not only is the action of smoking itself is detrimental to the health of the baby, but we do not know how cannabis intake can affect the developing brain. If you were using it for nausea, you may have hyperemesis gravidarum, a condition that causes excessive nausea  and vomiting during early stages of pregnancy. There are other medications that are proven safer during pregnancy that are effective for nausea that your OB can prescribe for you.   If your OB is aware of your issue they will be happy to address it. . Your appetite will increase in a few weeks and the baby will not be harmed as long as you do not intentionally starve yourself.
You want to eat right and stay away from all unneeded drugs and alcohol while you are pregnant and nursing or mothering young children. Please take good care of yourself and that way you can be sure you are taking the best care of your child!
I hope somebody can give me some information I dnt want to hurt my baby.