Addiction Expert Forum
marijuana Addiction
About This Forum:

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

marijuana Addiction

hi I'm 10 weeks and I'm addicted to smoking pot,I Say that I wanna stop but its easier said then done,I have more people encouraging me to continue because they are sure it won't harm the baby than people encouraging me to stop.! its hard because I can't sleep at nite unless I've smoked I've made like one day but bout time I wake up weed is the first thing on my mind. #Please Help
1684282_tn?1350782543
You want to eat right and stay away from all unneeded drugs and alcohol while you are pregnant and nursing or mothering young children. Cannabis is definitely one of those unnecessary drugs. There are conflicting studies as to whether or not it interferes with a healthy pregnancy, but why would you want to take a risk with a life of your unborn child?
Up until relatively recently there was a general misconception in the medical community that there were no physical withdrawals from cannabis. However now we know that even though those symptoms are not life threatening, they do exist. They start usually  24 40 48 hours after cessation of use and last for up to two weeks. Most can be described as depressed mood and appetite and increase in anxiety and sleeplessness. Your symptoms of withdrawal will not affect your baby or harm it in any way.
Try to stay active during the day, eat small healthy meals and stay  well hydrated. I am so very proud of you.  Please take good care of yourself and that way you can be sure you are taking the best care of your child.
Good luck to you and stay well.
4 Comments
Blank
Talk to your doctor about getting something to help you sleep, then just stop might sound hard but I've done it and its nothing compared to trying to quit hydrocodone!
Blank
But it is hard to quit when you used for more  then just social Cuz I have really bad head aces and a hard time sleeping but also I have adhd and was also put down for it so I also have depression and now that I have stopped it is hard to live Cuzco my brain wants to shutdown
Blank
I'm 35 almost 36 weeks and its very hard to stop smoking Bud I want to stop and brestfeed but idk how.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
1684282_tn?1350782543
Julia M Aharonov, DOBlank
MDS Rapid Drug Detox
Southfield, MI
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now