Addiction Expert Forum
mixing cocaine with xanax
About This Forum:

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

mixing cocaine with xanax

Is it dangerous to take xanax a few hours after doing cocaine. I'm perscribed to 4 mg of xanax a day. Does this pose any heart risk like a heart attack if i combine the two. please explain
Related Discussions
666151_tn?1311117976
Xanax does not interact significantly with cocaine.  If a person came to the ER with anxiety from cocaine, a Xanax-like medication would likely be given to the person.

But I can't really say it is 'safe' to take Xanax after cocaine.  The Xanax is not likely to do anything bad, assuming you take it in a reasonable, therapeutic dose.  But cocaine is NEVER a 'safe' medication.  People will take cocaine for months or even years without incident, and then the next time they use it develop a fatal arrhythmia.  The high profile death of Len Bias was an example of that situation, and the deaths of Belushi or Chris Farley were similar (they combined cocaine with opioids).  

The Xanax will reduce the anxiety and agitation caused by cocaine, but will do nothing to reduce the risk of cardiac arrhythmia.  I hope you get to treatment soon.
2 Comments
Blank
I'm checking into rehab next week but don't want to die before i go. Can I take xanax 3 hours after doing cocaine
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
1684282_tn?1350782543
Julia M Aharonov, DOBlank
MDS Rapid Drug Detox
Southfield, MI
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now