Addiction Expert Forum
soboxone

Questions in the Addiction forum are answered by a medical expert.

soboxone

Hi is soboxone worth getting on to help get off hydrocodne
We have seen a tremendous raise in the amount of patients coming in for rapid detox from Suboxone ,because the withdrawal can last weeks and is so hard. Hydrocodone seems to be easier and faster to stop.
I have a long history of taking tramadol, vicodin, norco, methadone, and then finally suboxone to get off of the opiates. I felt like it was a miracle pill the first time I took it. The doctors try to keep you on it for a long time. I tapered myself off of it in a month. My problem was basically about 6 to 8 norco(10/325) a day for a couple years straight. I then went to about 6 10mg Methadones a day. I don't know what you are trying to get off. I have chronic migraines so I have since been on vicodin again and then suboxone to try to get off the vicodin again. The second time, I was on the suboxone for 2 years straight. The doctor wouldn't lower my dose everytime I asked. I finally tapered myself off for the last time and it was a nightmare. muscle aches, nausea, can't stay off the toilet, sweats, hot and cold. But on the other hand you don't get a high feeling and you feel completely normal even a little better than normal when you take it. Only certain doctors can prescribe it though. Mine just had his license suspended. Hope this helps.
ive been on subs for awhile and like you said i thought it was a miracle...i want to get off i just cant stand the wds because of work
Trying to get off oxy 30's. I was prescribed 5 a day. We all know how that goes. I have been weened to 6 /15's a day, but That obviously has't worked because I'm out almost a week to soon. I did some suboxone leftovers from a past regement, that got me to now. I have clonidine and Promethazine as well. Do you know anything about this. I am trying to determine when I can make the transition from suboxone to clonidine etc..... I certainly don't want to bounce all over the place or have my blood pressure go up to 180 again
Yes!!! Using Suboxone I have been clean for 4 months & I feel amazing!!  Although the Dr's appointments are $80 a pop I just think of how much money I spent buying pills & I am more than happy to pay $80 a month verse 1,500 a month!! I wish the best of luck to you! Being clean is a blessing today as it will be to u soon ツ