Afraid to do the AM Metopirone test.
Has anyone taken the AM Metopirone test, who already has low AM cortisol?  Finally getting some stim/depression tests done after learning of Empty Sella 6mos ago.  My AM cortisol is low in range and stays pretty much the same throughout the day..making it too high 3 times out of the 4 times tested.  I'm afraid that I will suffer an Adrenal Crisis. They want me to take 7, 250mg. pills at bedtime and have labs drawn by 8am.  I feel so ill upon awakening anyway, and can't crawl out of bed till after 11am, after not sleeping all night.  This test will let them know if I can't crank out enough ACTH, to raise the lowered cortisol, thus seeing if I can avoid a crisis, handle severe stress or illness..so I'm tols.  Do not have the results of the ACTH Stim yet.  Oh, don't really trust this doc, as they say random blood drawa are enough to determine that my growth hormone is fine and won't do a stim test.  This is my 5th endo, in 1.5 years.

Thank you!
Insurance will not accept IGF-1 tests (or GH for that matter) to give growth hormone replacements so you would have to get a stim test for that one.

Is this a neuro-endo? If you have empty sella, you can see someone at a pituitary center - and probably get better testing.

I am with you on the endos - can go through them like tootsie rolls.
Hi!  
Still have no neur-endo..will be going to Boston in January.  Apparently there are none to be found anywhere near me.  I have come to the realization that, I have no chance of proper diagnosis and treatment, without a good pituitary center..which means travel and I feel like poop!  The thought of an airplane makes me gag!