Bone Density
Hi all-
I am a pituitary patient. I've been taking Hydrocortisone now for about six years. Back when the journey all began I had a DEXA scan and it showed that I had osteopoeneia in several spots. As as 41 female I was quite concerned about this. I just got the results of my last DEXA scan and I am good. My bone has filled in and it is no longer an issue. So I follow the, "only take what you need philosophy" my max is  15 mgs a day. I Also, take a calcium supplement at night. And then I am on growth hormone because I am deficient in that too.
This is more of a it gets better thing,
Horselip
Hey there! Glad to hear that your bones improved.

I also take my calcium at night (away from my thyroid meds) and I take calcium citrates since they can be taken without food.

Do you take vitamin D (D3) too?

Thanks! Yes bones can improve. I was very glad to hear that myself.

Yes, I take Calcium citrate too, also at night to avoid interference with my two thyroid meds. I don't take D3 per se but I do take a multivitamin that has 400 IUs.

I probably get more sunshine than some, because of where I live so my D levels have been good, thankfully.

How's things rumpled? I see that you are busy as always with the forums.

Me, we are now chasing leak #3 that is in my left ear about 4 days a month, Talk about a needle in a haystack :) I say leave me alone and let me leak dang it! So what we seal it up a third time, I may lose hearing in that ear and then wham it pops out again somewhere else. hmmph not on my watch. I need more of a plan than that thank you very much. xxHorsey