Aa
A
A
Close
687079 tn?1230952212
how to correct adrenal insufficiency with hypothyroid?
i have adrenal insufficiency and hypothyroidism - i just started thyroid replacement and my adrenal symptoms are out of control i feel like im dying - my doctor will not treat the adrenal problem even though i read she is supposed to before the thyroid- i dont know what to do i tried cutting the thyroid spill in half today so the shock to my system wouldnt be so bad - didnt help! i dont know what to do - i even went to the er and they wont help either, the thyroid symptoms were awful today with half a pill but the adrenal symptoms were just as bad both ways- is this gonna kill me or what? will it eventually correct itself ? what can i do to help it along - i was undiagnosed hypothyroid for three years and so my body is very stressed out - if someone even looks at me wrong my legs literally collapse out from under me, and yes i have had a full nuerological workup - he just says that i have been so neglected with the thyroid thing my body is giving out! any suggestions please!!
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
  If you know that you have adrenal insufficiency, you are right that it should be treated BEFORE you take thyroid med. to avoid a possible adrenal crisis. This is a standard protocol at major hospitals. If you start vomiting or passing out, get to an emergency room. You need adrenal support. Maybe cut your thyroid med. to a quarter of a pill. It takes time for your body to adjust anyway. Discuss your adrenal insufficiency with a doctor asap.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
657231 tn?1453836403
Can you find a decent doctor?
Have you had adrenal testing?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
My regular M.D. also refused to treat or even acknowledge my adrenal problem because, like so many doctors, he does not recognize any adrenal disorder short of Addison's Disease. I was deficient in many hormones and also had serious vitamin deficiencies, all of which my regular M.D. at a major clinic refused to treat.

After years of sickness and struggle, I found a D.O. (as opposed to an M.D.) and a Nurse Practitioner who are certified in Regenerative Medicine. They put me on a regime of DHEA, Armour Thyroid (instead of Synthroid), bio-identical hormones, B-12, and many other supplements. I no longer feel like the living dead, even though it's still quite a balancing act to keep all my levels optimal. It's also a hard financial struggle, since I have not been able to work. But without their help, the situation would be very bleak.

Try searching the Web for doctors associated with any of the following:
- Adrenal fatigue
- Armour thyroid
- Bio-identical hormones
- Regenerative Medicine

If you have a compounding pharmacy in your area that dispenses bio-identical hormones, ask them for the names of doctors who prescribe them. That is how I found my doctor.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
Blank
Reggaeprinces commented on The Turbinates: What ...
9 hrs ago
Blank
GirlyBear15 commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
Dec 03
Blank
replytorahul commented on Ear Mystery, Solved
Dec 02
Top Thyroid Answerers
Blank
MI
657231 tn?1453836403
Blank
Northern, NJ
Adrenal Insufficiency Community Resources