How can I help alcoholic relatives?
I live with two relatives and their 2 year old child. They routinely get trashed and come home late the next day. They are depressed, have a family history of alcoholism and addictive personality disorders...They mix anything they can find with xanax and aspirin. I don't know what to do. What will become of their child? They can barely afford necessities! They push their child into my care and expect me to financially sustain them because we are "family" etc.

what can I do? They recognize they have a problem. Right now their relationship is in shambles, and the threat of losing everything doesn't matter at all. It is soul crushing, because logically I can't do anything...it's all up to them.. I don't know what I'm asking anymore..anyone have a similar experience?
how old are u dear?i know family resists doing this...but if u call Childrens Services...and they keep complaints anonymous...cause i've made them...they come to the house!is the house dirty?does the child lack basic necessities other than what u can provide?do they bring ppl in the house who drink,use and sell drugs?or who could possibly molest the child?don't mean to freak u out...but i've seen it all when it comes to this!
HI Nikolette, I think that what you're going through with your relatives I'm sure has a lot of bearing on your own social anxiety issues right now. Not only are you the prime caregiver to a two year old, you are also financially responsible for this child. This is not fair to you or to their child. You've mentioned that alcoholism and addictive personality disorder runs in the family.

Is there anyone else in the family, in any location, that could care for this child?

You haven't said how old you are, whether you are in school, or whether you work yourself? Do you have a boyfriend? Have you personal friends to talk to about all that is going on in your life, or are you isolated?

We're here for you, so you needn't feel so alone.

Liz