Alcoholism Community
I have Anti-Hangovers

This community is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

I have Anti-Hangovers

When I get drunk, sometimes I don't even have to urinate a lot, if at all.  I also feel refreshed the next day and never have hang overs.  I used to drink really heavily, my health care providers told me so after I told them how much I used to drink, but the above was still the case even back then.  Is this a bad sign?  I've been getting drunk every day for the past two weeks now, sometimes back to back, and I just feel better than I did except sometimes it makes me more tired than I already am.
Well for anyone who might be curious, I asked one of the nurses at PACT and they said it's probably due to my schizophrenia causing my brain to process alcohol differently than people without the disorder.
I don't know anything about schizophrenia and it's great you don't have to deal with hangover but don't think for a moment that makes you exempt from damaging you liver.

Also consider how your drunken behavior plays a role in your life and how that affects your loved ones.

It sounds like you may be on the verge of spending your life as an alcoholic. Take a look around this community, there are very good reasons people wish they could undo the time they spent living this way.
Mine = Cirrhosis

What do you think yours might be? You deserve better than that life but it is up to you to make it happen. I wish you the best! Have a Merry Christmas!

Randy

You know New Years is right around the corner, it's the time of the year peope set goals for making there life better, or you could do it now and allow your family to see a new you! What's two weeks of withdrawal compared to a lifetime of regrets.