Introducing the Community Leader Program, and a Community Leader

We're very pleased to announce the launch of our new Community Leader program. As MedHelp has grown in both number of members and the number of communities we have, the needs of these communities has also grown. Our Pregnancy communities would like to see different features than our Ovarian Cancer community. Out of this need, we came up with the Community Leader program.

A Community Leader will be a MedHelp member who will act like an ambassador to MedHelp, helping to communicate the feedback from the community as well as help us communicate back to the community from MedHelp. When we launch new features, like the Notes feature today, they will be able to help out with any questions. In addition to helping MedHelp, they will also be working with their community to help it grow, by welcoming new members, bringing up suggestions, etc. As always, anyone is still welcome to contact MedHelp directly. We love hearing from our members and it's a big part of what has made the site what it is today.

One thing to note, Community Leaders, will not be replacing the MedHelp moderators currently monitoring the site, however, the Leaders will be able to help if there is an issue and work with our moderators to address it. The Leaders are not working for MedHelp, they are still members, but ones that have taken on some added responsibility.

We're extremely excited about this program, and we're pleased to announce that we already have a Community Leader for the Alcoholism community.  Please join us in welcoming ibizan as the first Community Leader for this community. As most of you know, this is a very new community, but ibizan immediately stepped in and has been a terrific member right from the start. We're excited she has agreed to be a Community Leader and we're looking forward to working with her and you, to continue improving the experience in this community.

MedHelp
Thank You for the nice intro but I am not a he...i am a she!Ibizan look like a lady!:)
I think it was a form thing. There probably is a field to fill in for the username involved. But it looks like he fixed it??
yes it is fixed!thank u medhelp.......workingdog gave me a bark to let me know of the error!:))))
I need to know what to look for as my husband is "starting" to wean himself off  opiates. He has been on them for over 4 years(every day), just want to know what to expect?? A bit scared:} Please le me know.
I think your concerns could best be addressed in the Addiction Substance Abuse Community.There are many opiate addicted folks in that forum that post.I work with opiate addicts on a daily basis but your questions need to be answered  by an opiate addict in recovery!If there is anything else those of us can help you with here let us know and please let us know if your concerns are addressed in the Addiction Forum!There may be some alcoholics here in recovery who have been dually addicted to opiate drugs that may post here...sure hope they do!
She is in the SA forum and getting help........
thank u sara..u read my mind...was hoping she went over to that forum!:)
We actually are lucky in the SA forum as we have a good working relationship with this forum and the Pain Management.  Nice to be able to send people on to other forums where you know they are going to be taken care of.......
i am glad that ppl post here that have been dually addicted to alcohol and other drugs...prescription and street.....they are a help to those who drink and may be in denial/rationalize about the prescription and street drugs.Good that others feel free to cross over and post here!thank u for ur prompt replies and help!:)