Alcoholism Community
Jitters morning after drinking

This community is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

Jitters morning after drinking

I am not an alcoholic at all, I will drink on the weekends with friends, but I never drink during the week, and not even always on the weekends.  My question is this: after a night of "heavy" drinking (heavy meaning I get pretty buzzed, not completely obliterated) The next morning i will wake up really jittery/twitchy. This is the only way I can describe it.  I have anxiety problems as it is, so it makes me really panicky.  Does anyone know why it does this? It really only started a couple weeks back.  It really makes me want to quit drinking altogether!
hello. alcohol related tremors are sign of potential nerve damage that usually (but not always) subsides once the individual has been abstinent for a varying amount of time. the anesthetic properties of alcohol depress the central nervous system, and in people who consume large quantities and/or drink frequently, the sedating effects can have a greater impact. when the nervous system is sedated, it can rebound once the substance has been metabolized, resulting in more serious complications such as seizures as the brain attempts to re-normalize. the "shakes" are often an early warning sign of potential damage, and can also indicate other underlying conditions. it would be in your best interest to talk with a doctor about your concerns--you might be getting a wake-up call that many ignore or never receive. take care--gm
ppl can be weekend alcoholics aka known as weekend warriors......it is not how often u drink that is the crux of the matter..it is HOW MUCH u drink when u do and what happens?and do u continue to do so despite the problems it may cause u?
Tremors are usually one of the first symptoms of withdrawals(together with anxiety).It doesn't sound like neuropathy.....
It is your call but chances are you are kidding yourself that you are"not alcoholic at all"....
Good luck
Walter
When alcohol starts causing you problems it is time to think about quitting.  If it was me, I would talk to my doctor straight up.  If you have an anxiety problem, let the doctor know, I did to and the alcohol helped but they have pills for anxiety.  I don't know your age but that becomes a factor also.
It's called a hangover. If you want to avoid it you need to cut back on the amount you share with friends.