Quitting Alcohol - physical side effects?
I started drinking about a half liter of vodka a day around 2 years ago. 3 months ago I decided I want to stop, but I decided I should cut-down to avoid any withdrawls, so I stopped drinking vodka completely and now I drink 3 - 24 oz. cans of beer a night, a 6 pack.

I read that if you stop cold turkey, you can go through DT's and seizures.  The thought of this makes me feel like having a panic attack.  Is your body dependant on the amount of alcohol or alcohol period?

Should I continue to cut-down since I'm having success with this method? Maybe cut down to two beers, for a week, and then 1 beer, and then stop? Is cutting down slowly a good way to avoid side effects? Is my body getting used to not having alcohol? My stomach now feels better, less gas, and my apetite has increased.

I'm not going to have any psychological withdrawls, I feel good without drinking, I'm just worried about the physical withdrawls.

I know some people are going to mention to go to a hospital, but I have a thing about hospitals and don't like them, besides I'm broke and unemployed.

Hi im ok thanks . How are you ? im drinking sad to say but hay that the truth  To be honest this is harder than i thought and i know ive been kiding myself . i have rang aquarious today to get seen sooner the lady is going to ring me in the morning to try and get me seen asap tomorrow ie today . For the time being i am not going to try giveing up on my own i just dont have the tools . i hope you are doing well and are ok i wish you well your one of the good guys :-)  will post how i get on
Hi everyone, i'm in need of advice. I am a 28 year old bartender as well as an exotic dancer. I have been drinking a liter almost everyday for around 6 or 7 years. I am 106 pounds and I can feel my health fading. Everyday I wake up and with swollen eyes and the pressure in my brain is unberable! I feel dizzy and confussed and my eyesight is very blurry. It's also hard for me to have conversations with anyone because it is hard to think or comprehend. I have been put on blood pressure medicine since last december. Does anyone know what causes this feeling in my head? Also, what is a good way to quit safely at home? I don't like to drink but it is the only thing that helps me to somewhat function throughout the day.
Hi there are you taking the blood pressure medicine aswell as drinking ? If so i think it would be best to see your doctor and be honest about how much you drink and that you feel somewhat dependant on drink . Did you tell your doctor about how much you drink before he gave you blood pressure medicine ? if not drink could be the reason your haveing blood pressure problems . Im no doctor and im just learnig the ins and outs of drinking ive had some great info from here and it helped me do what i have to do . Problem is with drinking to much or being drink dependant is we tend to burn candles at both ends . Feeling like crap most morning can soon become the norm so your not on your own there . quit safely at home have someone around to keep a eye on you . I tried it on my own i must say it was hell for me i went 3 days without a drink and crashed on day 4 i am now seeking help because i can not do it on my own . So really seeing your doctor is the best way forward i think . Hope this helps you take care
Hello and welcome to MedHelp.

Unfortunately I don't think I can offer any really good suggestions concerning how to quit safely that hasn't already been mentioned repeatedly in this thread.

However I can tell you that you have some very good reasons for concern since it is having an effect on your health. That is a lot of alcohol for someone your size and I suspect the symptoms you described are due to the alcohol abuse. I strongly recommend you quit before any permanent damage is made to your liver. Never think your too young to get liver disease, I was only ten years older at the time of my diagnosis. It's a medical fact that woman do not metabolize alcohol as easy as men.

I think you are on the right track but as you probably already know quitting drinking is very difficult and in your work atmosphere It could make it seem nearly impossible to maintain your sobriety. Any ideas there?

I think it is important you get to your doctor for blood work this will give him/her direction in figuring out the best way to treat you and helping you feel better. It will be very important for you be honest with your doctor about the amount you drink so they will test appropriately. Liver damage is always a possibility for anyone abusing alcohol and catching it in time is critical.

I hope this helps lead you in the right direction and I wish the best for you! Please feel welcome to post any further questions and to update us with how you are doing :) Take care!

Randy
Hello Possitive with two "S's" lol It's good to hear you are seeking further help and staying on the right track this time! Isn't twosandbits amazing! She has an amazing story and so will you. Keep up the good work your going to make it this time my friend! Take care.

Randy
Hello Possitive, I'm glad you are getting more help and hope you are going to stay with us here, it's hard to stop drinking alone, but alone you are not!

Hoping you are ok :-)
Hi all sorry its been a while ive been fighting my demons and allthough its hard ive been taking my time .im not seeking any help but i have cut my drinking down alot . I used to start drinking 5 6 tea time and never eat and keep drinking all night . Now i eat tea time and drink at 830 ish . Im much better takeing it at my own pace. I think i rushed it first time around and felt bad for messing up . Thanks to you for the help more so Twosandbits . Take care love scott
You are welcome Possitive, keep going with the eating the more you eat the less likely you are to binge on alcohol. I'm not talking making yourself obese here ha! It's just your body will get the sugar it needs through food so the less your cravings will be for alcohol. Practice a healthy eating pattern for damage limitation and take good care of yourself, just don't forget that your drinking was worrying you :-)
Hi everyone,

I have been reading these with great interest. I am in my 50's and have been drinking 6 - 20 bears a night since I was 17. I once went 3 months with out drinking about 15 years ago. other than that it's daily. I work out 3 times a week and i thought that made it ok. Lately I have been concerned that I may need to quit so I accessed this to find out if it would negatively affect me . I'm going to try cold turkey, I hopit goes ok
Hi Egenie,

Good for you. Life is not easy drinking that much and I promise it's better sober. Much much much better.

But it's easier said than done. You will need help. Relapsing can be very demoralizing. I got sober twice for two year stints and found myself back in the bottom again each time. A.A. is a good way to stay in a community that is conscious of what alcohol addiction is. Sometimes it's hard to remember that it is a problem when we're not around others talking about it.

Good luck. Oh, and as far as the cold turkey thing goes, it was the only option for me. I can't advise that for you, as it's an individual call, but I was not in a position of being able to ween myself off. I took the better part of a week to be in bed and sweat and sleep.
But, please be aware that detox from alcohol can be very dangerous for some people, so having someone to watch you, having a hospital on speed-dial, or someone to get you alcohol if you get too sick, are all good safety measures. People can die from quitting alcohol cold turkey.

Detox facilities are useful because they'll watch you and help you to detox without further damaging your organs or dying. Many centers will accept patients for free without health insurance. However, given the huge number of people wanting to quit alcohol consumption, they will usually require you to ask for help on multiple days in a row. I am happy to help you find a detox center in your general area.
Interesting story. Have you had any relapses? I have been sober for 6 weeks this Monday and had been drinking beer everyday for over 20 years.

I went cold turkey and wow,,,,,, I don't advise it. I knew it wasn't wise but there were circumstances which contributed to the decision.

So, which day did you decide to stop completely after your beer easing approach?

Please keep me posted about life now and any new temptations?
I am learning as I read but any idea why my internist didn't/wouldn't give me any medication for the terrible withdrawal symptoms I was experiencing or anything for cravings and to help relapse? I was doing it all on my own!

burma
Thanks. It's been a few days and ironically I haven't really noticed any withdraw symptoms other than restless sleep. I'm not sure though if i will make it very long only because it's such a habit. Today will be key.
Hi All  I have been drinking almost two bottle of wine everynight for as long as I can remember.  I keep trying to give up but get terrible insomnia and night sweats and end up giving in after two bad nights.  Does anyone know roughly how many nights you can go through this before you come out the other end?  I have no problem quitting its just not sleeping that is messing me up.
The multiple requests on this thread for information about quitting cold turkey or not and the fear of just quitting because of the physical effects inspired me to start another thread while I tried weaning off alcohol. No one seems to want to stick their neck out and say anything... Well, here's what I learned...

* You can quit, successfully. Anyone can quit. You may need to try several times, and you may need to find a program that works for you, and you may need to focus on a real reason. The latter was most important to me.

* Everyone is different. Your tolerance and symptoms of withdrawal will not only vary depending on your sex and weight and the amount you consume, but your chemistry and general health. 6 beers to a strapping 20-year-old in perfect health are different than 6 beers to a 60-year-old with cirrhosis and failing kidneys on blood pressure medication and in cancer treatment.

* Be careful quitting. Withdrawal can kill. Your detox period will depend on many factors. Your symptoms may vary widely because of the point above. Take steps to be sure you are quitting safely...

* Go to the doctor BEFORE you quit. Deciding to quit without a doctor visit might be suicide. Be honest about the amount you drink. Don't use the excuse that you have no money and no insurance; I didn't either. Truth is, you have money if you can always find it to maintain your habit. A single visit to your GP won't cost so much out of pocket that it isn't worth the reassurance and possibly saving your life. Doctors can prescribe medication to help with withdrawal, test your vitals, and perhaps can point to programs for detox/withdrawal.

* Develop a plan and be prepared to use it to quit. I chose to wean from alcohol, and it worked well for me. Some will not be able to wean because of the draw to drink more. But the alcohol is not the only factor... you need a time line, perhaps the assistance of people to watch you during the period of withdrawal, time off from work, food for nourishment (enough for the planned period of withdrawal, including healthy assortment of fruits and vegetables), liquids to replace electrolytes and maintain hydration (e.g., gatoraide), vitamins (consult a doctor, but B6, B12, magnesium and phosphorus), and an escape plan (e.g., 911, what hospital to get to for withdrawal, and what taxi or ambulance service to call). Good nutrition can help reduce symptoms.

* Don't expect to be symptom free, but know what symptoms need treatment. You will probably have some headaches, insomnia, sweating, dizziness... It is when these elevate to more serious levels or other issues like tremors, confusion, hallucinations, or seizures occur that you are already in a dangerous way. Research the symptoms -- not to fear them but to use them as understanding of what to expect and when to hit the panic button. If you are having minor symptoms, it is uncomfortable and you can ride them out... if you have serious symptoms, you need to get medical attention.

* Don't mix treatments and come off too many things at once. You should not, for example, expect to get a prescription of a benzodiazepine and start taking it while you are still drinking. Follow the doctor's suggestions for using any prescription. If you are addicted to other substances, even nicotine, you may have to come off them one-at-a-time or you likely will increase your chances of having a catastrophic withdrawal. If you decide to wean off alcohol, you will likely not have the security of prescriptions to ward off other symptoms...and it will be up to you to manage your alcohol intake, and that is why many can fail and revert.

* Empower yourself. Before reducing or going cold turkey, learn to meditate/relax, have a light exercise plan (discuss with your doctor), and plan some activities -- even if they are just around the house. Sitting and dwelling on symptoms will probably make them seem worse.

* Know yourself. If you have one drink and need to have 8, it is not likely you will be able to do anything but cold turkey. If you are intolerant of pain and need support, you may want to consider checking into a detox. I tapered quickly from a 12 pack a day, drinking only when I felt symptoms coming on. A feel a 12-pack is a lot and had been doing that much for months... No matter how much you drink, the severity of your reaction to any reduction will give you a hint as to the severity of your over-all withdrawal. Most people who drink say they drink less than they actually do -- I know, I used to too. Be honest with yourself, and your doctor, and if you need a friend for support, find one you trust.

* Arm yourself and do it. I did all of the things above to prepare for the worst and plan for the best. My fear of withdrawal was probably the only thing keeping me drinking, as it was easier to maintain the drinking than to face that fear. When I had my plan, I set it in motion, and only changing my mind about quitting would have stopped me.

* Know your triggers and have alternatives. I won't be going to the local bar anymore. When I need a moment after a call to the lawyer about the divorce, unpaid bills, flooding, death in the family, my first reaction will not be to go to the drug store for beer. Maybe i'll shoot some hoops or hop on the exercise bike... If you come home from work and habitually hit the liquor cabinet, consider taking a walk instead, playing with the dog, focusing on the kids or your spouse. There will still be triggers to deal with, and you will need alternatives to reaching for a glass.

I am only 5 days without a drink, but 10 days into my plan of reduction/weaning. But I am done with it. Sure, it is possible to revert, but my main point of resistance (fear of withdrawal) has been overcome, and I don't see why I would ever turn back after that experience. I'm looking forward to the most exciting part of my life... And hope that my suggestions here help someone achieve the same.
how long did it take kidney pains to go away ???   was it bad enough that you couldnt get comfortable in any position - kinda like a kidney infection?
I didn't have those kidney pains, but I know what you are talking about...I think. You might want to get a doctor's opinion as to whether it can be something else, and if they are lasting more than a few days or getting worse. I have in the past felt discomfort in the kidney area, but it never really lasted more than 2 days. Indeed it was painful at times, and did feel like I should be able to shift position to make it go away, but never could. I'd try water to see if it helps or otherwise... dehydration usually seems to worsen everything for me. I was really careful to drink at least as much liquid as I was with the beer so a shift in liquid volume wouldnt cause cramps, constipation and dehydration. If you are having other kidney symptoms (pain numbing in shoulder, arms and feet; swelling; fatigue; frequent urination), you might want to see a doctor. could be something not exactly related to the drinking too (stones...).
How's it going now, Egenie? Hope you are well.
I have been alcoholic since I was 15, I'm now 37. I have not sunk as low as some but I have definitely done things that would make most of you cringe, alas I am not on trial for my sins.

I am here to tell you about a book I read, 12 months ago I discovered 'Easyway' this is the 'easy way to stop smoking' I read half of it and my partner read the whole book, we quit smoking, or more accurately we were released from the trap of smoking.

I then discovered another book by the same author/organisation. 'The easy way to control alchohol'. I finished the book a week ago and I can confirm to you all I am no longer an alcoholic, recovering or otherwise, I am an ex addict, a non alcohol drinker. In fact I am a normal free spirit. I knew I was going to end the dependence on alchohol before I finished the book.

I have no financial involvement, other than purchasing a copy of the books, with Easyway. I won't gain from this post, In fact the author tells us, the reader, NOT to try and help others unless they specifically ask for your help. I don't think I am betraying the author as you have all askedfor/suggested ways to help.

I would like each person to read the book to the end, don't cheat or say you have if you have not as you will only cheat your self. If you don't want to read it don't, I'm not in a position to monitor your reading anyway. I ask you to read it cover to cover purely so you can help yourself.

I hope you all have a very good week

Cheers G.B
so your saying to ignore people you know that have an alcohol problem? i know i wish i knew what alcohol withdrawal was....i had no idea......i think i almost killed myself quitting the stuff....i used to ask friends if they thought i was drinking too much and asked if i might be an alcoholic....they said "you have nothing to worry about"......i thought i had a problem....finally when a dog i had was dying of cancer i just couldn't drink...i wanted to be straight as that was going down fast.....he died and about 4 days after i stopped drinking i was going into full withdrawals....i thought i was dying ....went to the docs...he said drink 5 or 6 beers a day and cut them back....i did....within 6 weeks i was off alcohol....my withdrawals were so bad...i later found out i had hep c...it can make withdrawals 7 times worse...so i thank my dog the most....i wish i was on this forum early on...the anxiety i had was hard to believe...for about 2 years....i talk with people all the time about alcohol....i think its worse then heroin to stop...i have helped people out by being open about my alcohol addiction...these books are good too........good luck...hope you stay clean....billy
When I quit drinking I stopped cold turkey. I was a stone cold alcoholic but through the grace of God I was able to conquer that addiction. Now on the flip side of things my body did go through a big change emotionally for the first couple of weeks. I have always been a person to have panic attacks but as soon as I stopped drinking they became worse. I have always had hormone problems ever since I had my partial hysterectomy I believe that what caused me to start drinking like I did in the first place. But if u can cut down the amount and in the place of taking a drink find a positive outlet to take your mind off of the alcohol. Some days will be easier than others but with faith anything is possible.
Am i a alcoholic?
I drink x1 large bottle of Bicardi per week mixed with coke.
Don`t drink beer or wine.
I`m just worried that every evening i need the same routine,i don`t even like feeling drunk !
Do i need to worry, as i`m 56 and concerned that my insides and brain will cancer up.
I have just had the flu and have not touched any for x1 week--now is my time to keep it up now i have started !
Am i a alcky on x1 bottle ?
I recently stopped drinking 2 days ago CT and now I've been getting facial numbness, dizziness, problems breathing, high BP, and running a temp anywhere from 99 - 100. Should I have a few beers and ween myself off rather than CT because this is pure hell! BTW used to drink 15-20 beers/day. 5'9" 140lbs. 30 years old
I'm 40, fairly thin, and drink 5 or 6(or more) drinks a night.  I have taken days off of drinking, but not more than 1 or 2 in a row.  I'm quitting cold turkey, but I haven't slept more than 3 hours a night.  I can barely function!  Should I have 2 drinks a night for a while?  I'm afraid I'm enabling myself...I'm afraid my kids will find me having a seizure...I'm petrified I would be able to stop drinking.
Quitting alcohol addiction is not as easy it seems because of the symptoms involved. People mistakenly think that it is easy to give up the habit as well as to overcome any side effects: physically, psychologically and emotionally.

Question recently i cut down the type of alcohol i drink normally i drink 8.8% vol Steel Reserve. Now i drink budweiser which is somewhere around 4.9% on top of that i limit my intake more. Will this change in levels make me itch. i know it is part of the detox process somewhat
I stopped drinking last night. I can't say I have quit drinking because I haven't.
It's been one night and I can't sleep and feel horrible.
For the the last ten years or so I have drank a case of beer at least or a bottle of vodka.
I actually feel pretty good but the not being able to sleep is tough.
Also worried about dying from Alcohol withdrawal.
I'm having a hard time doing normal things that I would normally do with a beer in hand.
got a family doctor?no one...including me ever died from a lack of sleep:)but cardiac issues can arise from the withdrawal so if you feel yourself in jeopardy you should get self to ER!
No Family Dr and no money to see one even if I had one.
how do u drink w/no money?
It is very difficult to quit alcohol due to its withdrawal effects.But if we follow simple remedies these withdrawal effects can be avoided.Please read the article Learn how to get rid off from alcoholism?
how do u drink w/no money?

Easy. I can buy a ten dollar bottle but can't afford a $200+ visit to the DR.

there are free clinics,have a few in my neck of the woods....BUT if you REALLY want to commit yourself to sobriety you will find a way...someday yes...and then again you may opt to not choose too!there are county outpatient substance abuse clinics that get state funding to help those w/no income or insurance.....I do work in one....many come thru our doors.I've worked there for 29 years.Been sober/clean 30!
My God I am sorry. It was brave of you to share this. I am 42 yrs and have seen addiction in 2 of my brothers and mother and it was horrible. I started getting addicted to pain medication but have been off of it for 6 months. The mental pain is unbearable sometimes. I can see why it is almost impossible for people to recover. You are an amazing person and I wish you the very best in healing. I realize my post is several years late.
Hello, I'm in the UK too and its about time I stopped drinking. Not sure how this site works or if you'll get this message but I could really do with some support. My friends all drink too much too.
I am on my 7th day of cold turkey I have been drinking a half fifth of vodka every day for the past ten years,Everything seems fine right now but I have not gone back to work yet.Work is why I started drinking more.I had the bad night sweats for three days that seems to be gone.I am far from out of the woods.
THIS IS A VERY OLD POST FROM 2007 AND THE POSTER IS NOT LIKELY TO READ YOUR COMMENTS.

One way to find out if the poster is around is to go into their profile page and see if there's anything recent. NEW POSTS ARE BUMPED DOWN if there are many comments made to old posts, and some do not any comments because of it. >  PLEASE consider posting your own thread on in the ALcoholism Community so that you can have people help you directly with your sobriety as most will not respond to the older posts. All the best.
Dear Lesa, I can't believe I've just read this post.   I wrote that in 2011 when I was looking for help.  I have just read my own post and slowly realised that it was me...  Wow,  I've been heavily drinking for so long.  Hadn't realised how long!   :-(  Still Fat.  I've had cancer twice.  I now drink 35cl vodka most nights.  If not vodka, then wine.  I just want to stop.  I don't even know what I'm hiding from through my drinking.  Life has thrown me a few challenges I suppose.  I tend only to drink only at night.  If I stop cold turkey - will I get seizures?  I tried to cut down yesterday - but ended up not.  I'm so miserable about it.  I have a lovely partner now and he has no idea of the extent - although he says I drink too much - he doesn't know the half of it.   If I do cold turkey - what are the signs that I would need alcohol to avoid illness?
Dear Loganlea

Thank you for your reply - I came across my post again by accident, looking for help.  I failed in my attempt to give up and am trying now.  It's not working though.  I hate being dependent upon this drug.  
Thank you so much !  I'm still struggling.  I came back to this site without realising it was me who wrote the comment.  I have only just read your really inspiring response THANK YOU SO MUCH.  I hope you are still doing so well.  I guess I'll have to just cut back and then cut out.  Perhaps drink every 2 days if day 3 is the seizure likely day?  

best wishes, Cat
Hi Cat I'm really glad to see you come back although sorry you are still drinking But You can change that today ! Your budding relationship would benefit so much from you being sober That is one of my biggest regrets is drinking during my marriage It added a element to it that was negative and contributed to my lack of self esteem.. Although I drank a lot and everyday I did not have Major wd Mine were Anxiety to the Max restlessness racing thoughts these kids of things.. The safest way to detox is with your Dr. on board.. This all lasted for a few weeks if I remember right but what I do remember is the cravings That was the most difficult That is why many attend AA meeting to help them navigate the craving and Just for the support of others that understand what you are going thru.. You can get sober this is for sure It all is up to you and how badly you want it.. Keep posting for support ! lesa
Hi, I'm  a 43 year old that is in good shape, 5' 11", 200 lbs and like to drink alcohol. I didn't think that I was drinking that much, but my body said otherwise and I started having PVC's, which will give you the effect that your heart skips a beat. Then, I would drink coffee the next day and my palpitations would start.
The doctor said that he did not know how they start and when they would end.
Well, let me tell you guys a little about my bad habits,. I thought that I was not drinking a lot of alcohol but I was wrong!!
A few years ago I was taking shots of whiskey and started drinking my homemade beer every other day.  I thought I would try something healthier and I started drinking red wine.  All of a sudden I started to feel my heart palpitating.  I started searching the internet to see what the heck this was.
Everything I read seemed to be describing PVC's or palpitations. The doctor had also confirmed it.
I stopped drinking for about 3 months and the PVC's really slowed down and I noticed that if I  had a cup of coffee in the morning I would feel the PVC's a little stronger..
So, I started slowing down on my alcohol drinking.I had stopped drinking alcohol for about 2 weeks and was drinking my usual morning coffee and I noticed that I was not having any PVC's nor palpitations. This somewhat confirmed to me that I was drinking way too much alcohol.
So, if this sounds like this maybe happening to you, then slow down on the alcohol intake and your PVC's will eventually stop.
Here is my personal and continued battle with drinking. I hope it can help someone.  As anyone with any sense knows addiction can and will effect anyone who lets it get out of hand. My drinking first started when I was in college. I drank for 10 years and 7 of those were very heavy. The last 5 years I have been up to at least a fifth of vodka and a pack of cigarettes a day. I lost some beautiful girlfriends, good jobs and drank away my education. I'd have to take shots from the time I woke up until when I passed out drunk. I'd wake up in the middle of the night shaking, uncoordinated, "fuzzy" head, sore, and just feeling like overall crap.  So I'd quietly get out of bed as to try and not wake my girl. I would go in the living room to smoke cigarettes, watch tv, and pound vodka for an hour or two and then sneak back into bed like I have been in it all night. It got to a point where I wanted to stop on my own.  Beware this is very dangerous. The first time I stopped cold turkey I had a seizure and was helicopter airlifted to a major hospital. I relapsed two more times and was airlifted again due to varicies in my throat. I was internally bleeding into my stomach and the scarring on my liver prevented it from processing it out into a stool movement. I needed 9 units of blood the first time and Seven the next. I was very close to death and probably would have died without quick medical attention.  I was good and sober for just under two months and I was starting to feel really good. Then I got too confident thinking I could just drink wine that quickly turned into another 4 month binge. I went cold turkey again. Thankfully I wasn't alone because 48 hours I had a massive heart attack. Quitting cold turkey is dangerous but if it's something that you want to do please do it in a hospital. If a hospital isn't going to be where you do it at then have someone around you for a week. No work, no stress, lots of fluids and any food your body can keep down in the beginning. Your heart going to feel like it is about to explode and as has been stated in previous comments, you can't feel a seizure coming. I justified not doing it for so long because I couldn't take a week off work or something along those lines.  If drinking at this level is what you do and you want to quit, then that becomes your new priority because it will eventually be the reason why you die a more then likely very painful death.
Thanks for sharing!so who is your sober support system today?
well after reading all the posts and comments of alcohol abuse, i can really relate to it. i drank very heavily for years I'm saying gallons and gallons of vodka. i quit cold turkey on my own with no medical help, let me tell you it was the toughest thing i had to do in my life and I've been sober going on three months. the withdraws are no joke i thought i was going to die but by the grace of god i manage to stay strong and pull threw. at the same time i still have a long road ahead of me. i still have cravings and anxiety...alcoholism is no joke. if your trying to quite cold turkey i suggest get help because you will need some one to stay by your side while your going threw it. so those who want to quit good luck and stay strong and its only matter of time you will be on top and feel so good knowing you beat that demand...godbless
Thank You for checking us out and posting here!32 years ago,8 days before i went to rehab i detoxed myself off Valium,alcohol,pot and cocaine!EEGADS!what a foolish thing on my part,i could've died!I DO NOT advise anyone to do this!Medical assistance is a necessity!Hope to see more of your insights here!
I don't understand how this happened? I know everyone is different but some have drank terribly for 20+ years and make it! Your mom only drank 9 months?
even if you drink only beer, and the amount you drink is quite a bit, after 24 hours you might not feel anything and think everything is fine. but in realty, you could still have a seizure four or five days after quitting cold turkey. it is best to get detoxed safely to avoid all that. i went through detox 2 times and even after that you still get symptoms, but that is due to your body adjusting without alcohol. they call that post acute withdrawals. i have been sober now for 18 months, and i still have good days, called windows, and bad days called waves. we just don't realize the damage that drug alcohol puts on our bodies. good luck to you always.