Alcoholism Community
Starting uni alcohol is gettin worse

This community is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

Starting uni alcohol is gettin worse

I just started uni and I think the nerves of having no friends and not knowing what I was doing has gotten to me because my drinking has escalated badly... Of course there are the collage parties at which I can't help but get blind drunk but now I am doing things like filling up my water bottles with alcohol and drinking all day at uni and then after partying at night I have to drink again the same time the next night otherwise my hands shake so badly that I can't even type on my phone or write straight until I have a drink... I am actually kind of worried now but I keep talking myself out of it I keep saying  I'm fine... My friend said I should go to AA but I'm nervous.. What do you think?
I think You are NOT "fine"

Your drinking "has escalated badly"
You "can't help getting blind drunk at college parties"
You are "filling up water bottles with alcohol and drinking all day at school"
and then You "party at night"
and Your "hands shake so badly You can't type on Your phone"
or "write straight until You have a drink"
Your "friend says You should go to AA"

What else do You need to know?? to realize You are addicted to alcohol??!!

You should be a LOT more "nervous" about the amount/freqency You are drinking than being nervous about seeking help from Others at AA.

Nervous is better than dead!!

Go To AA.
I recall u posting here awhile back @ similiar drinking.U got some good advice and chose to not heed it....so like AA says when u get sick n' tired of being sick n' tired...maybe u'll stop...u r very young to drink like this....be nice if u sought more treatment other than AA...but going to an AA meeting and keeping an open mind is a first step!
I also think you should go to AA and talk to your doctor also about your addiction to alcohol. It sounds like you are very progressed if you shake. You may need medical intervention to quit, your doc can help with options for whether you need inpatient treatment or not. Make sure that you eat or that level of drinking will damage your drinking really fast if it hasn't already. Go to your doctor to get your liver checked. It sounds like you have a future planned. At AA meetings, they will understand your drinking and your loneliness. You can make sober friends there and having the people around you will help with your loneliness. Having a AA sponsor will help you too. Go and they will lead you, just be honest!! Sober life is great!!