Allergy Community
Itchy feet and body

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Itchy feet and body

I had my ears pierced with titanium studs from Blomdahl Caring Jewellery on 25 January 2011. On 2 February 2011 in the afternoon, my feet started itching something terrible. I could not sleep for 2 nights, the itching was so bad. If I put my feet in cold water, it helps a bit. It comes and goes. Today was very bad again. I itch basically all over my body now, but my feet are definately the worst. There is no rash, no hives and my ears look very healthy. There is no itch where they have been pierced, though the top of my ears and the inside of my ears also itch. Any suggestions?
Hi, welcome to the forum, your condition seems to be allergy related and is suggestive of  Atopic dermatitis (AD), which is a chronic inflammatory skin disorder. There is abnormal barrier presents in the skin which gets disrupted upon exposure to the allergen.

The allergen can be in the form of excessive bathing, low humidity environments, emotional stress, xerosis (dry skin), overheating of skin, and exposure to solvents and detergents. Avoiding these situations is helpful for acute flares as well as for long-term management. Avoid wearing titanium ornaments.

In such condition maintenance of adequate hydration of the skin is quite important. Which includes thick creams (eg, Eucerin, Cetaphil, Nutraderm), which have a low water content, or ointments (eg, petroleum jelly, Aquaphor, Petrolatum), which have zero water content, are better.

Along with above measure use of anti histamines and corticosteroids will help to reduce itching of the skin as well as rash.

I suggest you to consult dermatologist. Take care and regards.

Thank you for your comment. I looked up Atopic dermatitis. I do not have a rash, spots or anything like that, it just itches.
Since you have posted your comment over two years ago. I hope you have found a solution, if not, try to see if it is yeast infestation. If you have been living in a wet environment (like a basement) or had a water leakage, or you have taken a lot of antibiotics sometime ago, you could have developed yeast infestation. I had the same and spent lots of money trying to investigate to no avail. Go to the web and click on anti-candida and see if it matches your symtoms (symptoms). If so, you MUST do something asap before it spreads all over the body. A lady researcher by the name of Lisa something who was a former sufferer wrote a book on it. Good luck. Most doctors would tell you it's skin, but it could be yeast inside your respiratory or digestive track and had spread.
  It seems as tho I were led here to read your post.  I noticed you mentioned titanium and that issue was never addressed here except  you speaking of it.  As soon as I saw titanium used and itching, I just knew there could be connection there. Can you update community on the symptoms and or solutions of symptoms? DID IT STOP YET? Have a wonderful Blessed day. GOD BLESS!!!