Allergy Community
Victorias Secret Bra Allergy ALERT!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Victorias Secret Bra Allergy ALERT!

Dear Friends,

CBS-TV News in Cleveland contacted MedHelp about a month ago and asked for our help.  They were investigating messages posted by MedHelp members who complained about allergic reactions to certain Victoria's Secret Bras.  

First and foremost, thank you to all the MedHelp members who participated in the CBS-TV news story about your allergic reactions to the bras, which were manufactured in China!  

For those who missed the story, here is a link to the CBS-TV News website.  Once there, click on "WATCH IT HERE:  BAD BRAS: A Consumer Alert"

http://www.19actionnews.com/Global/story.asp?s=8165067  

If you are having an allergic reaction to Victoria's Secret Bras, please call the company at: 800-945-5088.

To find other MedHelp members who have posted messages about allergic reactions to the bras, type VICTORIAS SECRET ALLERGIC in the search box at the top right side of this page.

MedHelp

WHAT TYPES OF MATERIAL ARE THESE MADE FROM,   PEOPLE ARE PROBABLY REACTING TO THE SPANDEX.

I know I found out the hard way...still suffering!

READ THE LABELS!!
I've had the worst rash develop since using the Body by Victoria Full Coverage Uplift bra. Red welts, very itchy, only on the sides and under my breasts, where the uplift pads are. I've stopped wereing the bra, any any bra for that matter since it hurts when I do now. My doctor e-mailed me the web-site with all the info re: other women with the same reaction. I contacted VS today, they've offered to rieumburse me for the bras and requested I send the bras back. I'm thinking I 'd like to have the bras looked at by a lab to research any traces of anything that might cause this reaction. I am 42 and have never in my life experienced this discomfort! It's awefull. I've tried Cortisone creams, Caladryl and now my Dr. is treating this as a fungal infection with Lotrimin. I't been a week, still no relief....When does this go away?
full coverage uplift bra body by victoria causes itchy welpy rash on breasts.  i contacted company @ 1- 614- 577- 7111.  i will be receiving a coupon for a replacement bra & a call from a company rep. sometime today.  this bra says it is made in sri lanka. anyone have same sufferings?????? should i see my dr. for a stronger cream than hydracortisone, or not?  
what?! that's terrible. i know i'm allergic to a certain fabric in pants (i don't know the name specficially - it's a shiny kind of material often used to make pinstripes) and it causes me to itch so badly I just stopped wearing pants like that. But daaaayum, if a rash like that presented on my breasts I'd freak the hell out. Thanks for the heads up!
Hello!

I'm in Massachusetts (Boston area) and wanted to contact fellow rash sufferers to share advice and information. Are there any folks on this forum who are from the Massachusetts area and are interested? Please email me at ***@****

Thank you!

-MD
Hi.....

Me again....won't let me post my email address so please send me a message if you are interested---

Thanks!

MD
I had the worst rash all over my chest and along my band line. i ended up breaking out in hives all over my body it got soo bad. I'm allergic to 3 different Victorias Secret bras. My doctor sent me to the hospital, they ended up putting me on steroidal lotions, 2 different ones- westcort cream and triamcinoline. they worked. My rash is back with a different bra now. Does anyone know a brand that  won't do this???
I too had a horrid reaction to a bra I bought from Victorias secret. I went two months with pain, rash and cracking nipples. I didn't know what it was and tossed all my bras. I was a mess and went to the doctors. After a month of rash I noticed swelling and lumps on the side of my left breast. I went for a mamogram (mammogram) and they found cysts on that side and they had to be drained. I know that this is common with woman but they were so swollen from the bra I am convinced it had something to do with it. At one point I convinced myself I had pagents disese (disease) because of my nipples. I don't know what to do about all this.

I JUST STARTED BREAKING OUT IN READ BLOTCHY RAISED SPOTS ALL OVER MY BODY!  I dont know what to do i took beynadrel, but its seems to be spreading more all the time. got it now on the palms of my hands. i havent eaten anything new and have been using the same detergents for months now. ny kids dont have it just me? could it be stress related? anybody go through this?  contact me ***@****
OMG!!!! I thought I was going crazy with this itchy business on my back where the strap is. it comes and goes like a heat rash. I am itching right now. THROW THEM IN THE GARBAGE!!!!!!!!!
I have had not red rash or any irritation other then about a month ago I went to the doctors because I was experiencing a lump and major pain under my right arm in my lymph nodes.  The pain was so intense I could not lift up my right are or even apply any pressure to it.  My doctor put me on medication to help with the pain because I too have a cysts.  I have to have it drianed.  I'm thinking now that it was from my Victoria's Secret bra.
My daughter has been having these rashes and welts around her bra areas for some time now.  I just heard about the Victoria Secret rashes and now we know for sure that it is the bra.  That is all she wears.  I just called them and I am waiting to hear back.  Has anyone else done this?
Although the problem I had might different from yours, but it certainly put waste to my money.
I bought last year very sexy push up bra and since then I was not able to wear that bra again. Everytime I tired to wear it my underarms would hurt like hell and when I check if it is the wire or something else there's nothing evident.
I had the same issue as the woman currently suing them. Contact dermatitis, terrible itching rash, treatment with fungal creams. I stopped wearing bras in the house and I think the rash occurred when the bras get wet from sweat or rain or whatnot. Is there any contact info about the lawsuit so I can get reimbursed for the bras, the prescriptions, and the doctor?
I had a big blotchy rash on by back. It appeared after wearing a new Victoria Secret bra. I didn't realize it could be from a bra ( it wasn't around the bra area, it was on the back ) and my doctor couldn't detect the cause either. But now, when it appeared on the news, I think my rash could have been caused by that bra.
What do you guys think?
i too have had horrible reactions for 2 years now. i never knew what it was from, but now it all makes sense. I have been getting painful hives all over my chest and neck. i love victoria secrets though they really need to do something about this problem before they start loosing customers.
im scheduling an appointment with a dermotologist this week to get this checked out! i have had it for the last 6 months! after purchasing a new line of their bras!!! i have only wore their bras for 2 years and these new ones made me have such a horrible skin problem! painfull, itchy, red and large!!!!
I had a problem with very itchy nipples for several months.  I was too embarrassed to talk to anyone about it.  Finally after it had gone on for 7 months I decided to ask the doctor about it during a physical exam.  He said it was probably an allergic reaction, and suggested I switch all my underclothes to 100% cotton.  After seeing all this about the victoria's secret bras today, I went and pulled out my old bra, and sure enough it's the victoria's secret 'angels secret embrace'.  Push up.  My nipples also have pimple like scars on them.  I'd also like more info on the lawsuit.  
I have worn VS bras for years, a couple of years I started wearing the IPEX brand and developed this horrible rash.
Just like so many of you have described...the pain, itching and redness is insane!!  I get some temporary relief using monistat cream and medicated powder.  Unfortunately, I only have VS bras....now what???  Called the company rec'vd a case number but that doesn't help with finances you know...can't go braless I'm too big...ugh...
I too have been suffering with the itchy, red, swollen areas under my breasts.  For me this rash has spread to various areas of my body. After seeing a dermatologist over a year ago, I was told it was severly dry skin and excema.  Recently, my general practioner told me it was psoraisis (psoriasis) and prescribed a steroidal cream Clobetasol Propionate. This cream cleared me up within about 2 days and one week later there is very little evidence of the rash remaining. I was glad to hear of the possible connection to VS bras.  I have stopped wearing the VS bras, so time will tell. Perhaps now there will be relief to the possible cause of this irritating problem.  Thanks to the media and others for making this problem public.
I don't wear Victoria's Secret bras, but I purchased 6 bras (Playtex and Just My Size) right before our New England cruise in September.  While on the cruise, I developed a horrible rash - itchy, oozing, red, hot to the touch rash on my breasts, under them, and on one side.  I still have it in November even after all kinds of benadryl ointment, heat rash meds, powders, you name it.  It will almost go away after a few days of not wearing a bra (fortunately I work from home!) but when I go out to town and I come back home that evening, it is worse again.  I haven't EVER had anything like this before.  Now I am wondering if it IS the new bras.  Has anyone else had this reaction to other brands????  I bought several different styles so now I don't know if it is all of them or just one or two causing the problem.
I called this morning and got my claim number.
I have had a severe rash all over my upper torso and down my arms for months now.. Every day I wear a VS bra and camisole under ALL my clothing and under my work uniforms. My bras and camisoles said they were made in India. Does anybody know how I can get rid of this rash and also how to join the lawsuit against VS. I have spent so much money on doctor appointments and different kinds of lotions and creams. Nothing is working! Please help me!!
I purchased a beige Victoria's secret bio fit bra about two months ago. After the second time I wore it, started itching on top of my breast non stopping. I even though it was the perfumed body wash that I used, but I have always used the same products and never had any allergic reaction. I washed the bra by hand and rinse it very well, wore it and again itchy and red spots, so I stopped using it. I also would like to know how to join the law suit against them. The rush went away because I used a cream I purchased on Mex. but I cannot wear my bra and there was lots of discomfort when I had the rush. I feel that as high price as the bra are $45 ea. we shouldn’t have to go through this.  
I cannot believe I am just hearing about this now!  I have been to dermatologists and allergists over the past year for this itchy, painful, red rash across my back, on my shoulders under the bra straps, and on my breasts.  I have had soooo many tests (all negative) and was told that I was allergic to "something".  I have been perscribed the combination of Zyrtec, Betamethasone Dipropionate lotion, Fluocinonide cream, Atarax, Zantac 300, Prednisone, Doxepin, Allegra, Singulair, and Celebrex in order to provide relief.  I could get full on the amount of pills I take for breakfast each day just to provide some relief.  I purchased a bunch of Victoria Secret Very Sexy Push-up Bras just before the rash developed (but will never wear Victoria Secret products again).  I plan to contact everyone (with power and influence) I can to get this issue addressed.  I suggest you all do the same.  
I just called Victoria Secret (800-945-5088) and told them I want a full refund for the Victoria Secret Very Sexy Push-up Bras I have purchased along with reimbursement for all out-of-pocket medical costs incurred for Dermatologist and Allergist visits seeking treatment for a painful, itchy rash on my breasts, shoulders, and across my back (including payment for perscription medications for treatment of same).  A customer service supervisor said she will send a pre-paid package label for return of the bras in exchange for a full refund.  She also told me someone will be contacting me with 3 days regarding reimbursement of medical bills relating to this rash.  I'm not holding my breath on that, but I'll keep you posted as to what happens if/when I actually get that call.  
I have been wearing VS bras for years; however being an athlete I never wore the bras for long hours at a time. Over the past year. I have had horrible red, swollen lumps, sore to the touch all over my upper back and around the bra lines. My chest formed a rash with tiny red bumps everywhere. I thought that I had acne and have been consulting a dermatologist for over a year now who has perscribed medicines that have not worked. The lumps and bumps seem to get worse towards the end of my work day (when Im wearing the bras the longest) and then clear up when I wake up in the morning (from sleeping and not wearing the bra) I have a dermatologist app. next week and I hope this is answer to what I have been suffering from for about a year now!
Another number for Victoria Secret customer service is 1-800-411-5116.  I have been experiencing a rash underneath my breasts and on my arms since last week; and I only wear Victoria Secret bras.  Fortunately, I just saw a local news show on ABC in New York that provides this website.  I called the customer service number 800-945-5088 and was linked to a representatve after several different prompts.  I would like to know who the person who received reimbursement for her bras spoke to, if possible.  The customer service person that I spoke with knew nothing about reimbursement.  I am also interested in finding out which different brands people are wearing now since I have to go out and purchase all new bras.
Well I must be living under some rock! Today is the first I have heard of this VS rash and I have it!  I have just thought that it was a heat rash and I have been just using Gold Bond powder, has it helped NO has it cleared it up NO have I gone to the DR's NO ~ Why not ~ I am embarrassed! What kind of fungus it that? I didn't want to look stupid well now I really look stupid I have been dealing with this since early June 2008! Well I guess I am going to make a Dr. apt and tell him how stupid I am and he needs to fix it! as far as buying another bra from VS They will never get another $$ from me
I have been such a faithful customer of VS but iI am so frustrated and angry about this whole thing.. I work  in the medical field and at one point i am thinking that i may have contracted scabies from one of my patients, I am so itchy around the whole breast, and nipples, i have made such a mess of myself, so much i have been drinking benedryl and taking atarax at night to help sleep. When I am at work I have actually had to go into the bathroom to scratch !!!! How gross is that? What are we to do about this? I have another secret embrace still with the tags on them... I knew it was the bra !!! II have been wearing these bras since June, needless to say I dont feel like Victoria's secret  has really embraced me at all. Next stop is the dermatologist. So what do we do in meantime? Someone needs to get to the bottom of this......and soon!!!!
I have been wearing only VicSecrets bras now for about 5 years. I started getting this rash that itched really bad, it burns like crazy. I went to the doctors and at the time I was tanning as well, they told me it was a reaction from them not cleaning the tanning bed. I did everything they told me to do and nothing. I still have the rash. It has got so bad. I have the red and white rash really bad between my boobs and under them along my bra line and on my back. I'm now starting to get the rash along the strap line. Aveeno Hydrocortisone is the only thing that gives me any kind of relief for a little while. I figured out a few months ago it might be the bras, but i thought i was crazy, I guess not. What do I do?
My gosh!! I just saw this on the news.  I can't believe this....for years I had constant breakouts under my breasts of these red welts that would sometimes leak almost a white puss if they got big enough to pop.  The doctors kept saying "skin infection" and gave me everything, antibiotics, cremes.  I figured it was an infection so I kept wearing the bras and the welts kept coming back.  I noticed they were worse when I work black-colored VS bras more often...not sure if that means anything.  Finally, I just decided to buy a whole new brand of bra and I have not had problems since.  Unfortunately, since I kept getting the welts over and over again, I have scars all underneath my breasts. :(  At 28 years old, this should not be!!!
Let me throw my hat into the ring.
itchy, oozy rash-check
blistery, painful spots-check
blazing hot rash all over bra line and between the breasts-check
enlarged neck and underarm lymph nodes-check

Now what?
I forgot to add:

permanent scarring-check
My mom told me about this article because I've been suffering of a major problem with a red and itchy rash that started about two weeks ago... and thank goodness for my mom!!

I bought the VS black biofit bra and wore it a few times with no horrible reax.  however, on Oct. 30th i wore the bra for long hours due to a long work day and started to get horrible red, burning and itchy splotchy rashes all over my bra area, my chest, on my back, and neck and behind my ears... within about 24hrs, the rash had moved down my torso, under my arms, my lower belly, and in my groin area... i even developed seborrehic dermatitis on my face and scalp.  A total nightmare.  

My skin is not sensitive, but i couldn't even wear my long hair down my back without it being very uncomfortable - much less clothing!!  I couldn't eat, sleep, work, be social... this horribly uncomfortable situation was interrupting every aspect of my life...

After a week and a half of this horrible, mysterious, life interrupting THING where no cream, pill, or powder was working, I went to my doc who could also not figure out what was wrong.  He thought perhaps its a viral reax and prescrible steroidal pills and a steroid topical cream to basically tell my skin to stop reacting to its irritant.  The meds are working - I'm on my third day of meds and the itching has decreased along with most of the redness, , so i recommend you talk to your doctor to see if this could work for you.  

I thought this could be stress or sweat related, but the level of stress and/or sweat has happened before - just not in that bra.  I will certainly go to VS to recify the situation and only purchase hypoallergenic bras in the future... Thanks to all of you for bringing this issue to light and to my mom for telling me about it!!  
I have had this reaction to a MAIDENFORM bra.  Does anyone know if VS and Maidenform are owned by the same parent company?  My burn looked like a sunburn or a radiation burn, in the shape of the bra I was wearing,   The skin was sore to the touch with some deep pain in the side of the left breast.  The skin then blistered and the blisters oozed then burst.  I now have peeling irritated skin.  I have had two weeks of not being able to wear any bra, which has curtailed my activities and impacted my work.  I had worn this bra only twice before, but this time I took a long walk in it and sweated more than when I wore it before.  I'm seriously considering my own lawsuit against the place where I bought the bra and Maidenform.  Please contact me if you have had any suggestions or thoughts.  geneve_20***@****.
Thanks!
It's sad but I am happy to hear so many women are also having this issue.  I've been wearing VS bras for years (over 5) and just this year had a problem. About 2 months ago I started getting a rash on my breasts.  I have two Body by Victoria bras and a IPEX and whenever I wear them I breakout in a rash - red splotches, itchy and sometimes small welts.  I suffered through it for a bit until I couldn't take it any more and went to the doctor.  She basically told me to stop wearing the bras and try cotton ones.  So far that seems to work, so I guess for me it was the material - it's wierd, but when I stay clear of non-cotton bras I am fine - at least for now.
Please excuse my poor spelling as I am too mad to cut and paste and spell check. Thank you for understanding.

Oh I am so darn angry. I have been sick for a year, lost 100 pounds with no diet or exercise, lived in horrible painful agony being treated for a year with "herpies (herpes)" medicine because of some bra????????????????? If VS thinks I am not coming with guns a blazing they are completely stupid.   I am so happy and sad at the same time.  It is nice to feel vidicated and know I'm not crazy, but so darn mad because of the suffering that has been going on for so long.  I was exposed to formeldahide  when I was younger and it was a massive dose.  My daughter also suffered in the exposure.  My x- husband did not.  So, that desensitized me to any future exposures.  It became full force when I wore my Very Sexy rhinestone bra in Mexico out dancing in the heat, humidity and salt air.  That is when I really got sick.  Mind you, I have been almost confined to my bed for the past year or so.  All the time having my current husband home working so he could care for me.  There is so much more to this story, you would just not believe it.  After Mexico the first trip; my rash turned to blisters and the hot pain is searing into where my gallbladder once was.  It burns so badly.  Iching yourself just crazy.  Within 2 weeks, I returned to Mexico on my second dream vacation within the month.  Even if I had to crawl, I was going.  Buying VS bras that were so cute and sexy was a must for a lady who had just lost 100 pounds sitting on a lap top and laying in bed for a year.  

My bras go to the lab tomorrow and I am returning yet again to the doctor with a rash of blisters under my right breast.  It hurts like crazy and feels hot and burning.  

Just an idea...... where do we get our bras from???? Other countries.  We were destined to collasp because we have all accepted cheap labor.  Why do I have to pay for greedy people who, by the way , charge way too much for bras in my opinion.  

Can VS retrun my life now?
My friend just called me b/c she heard a news story about Victoria's Secret bras and allergic reactions from them.  About a month ago I purchased a bra and after using the bra I noticed a rash in the middle of my back and then others on my neck.  Now they have moved down my back to my legs, stomach and breast.  It's been over a month and a half and I still get them on a daily basis.  Two weeks ago I went to the head of the Dermatology Clinic at University of Miami and I'm going back to her today w/ all the articles I found on this matter. The meds she gave me have not really helped.  The itching has gotten better but the rash is still there.  
I am in Florida and also have had bad problems with these bras.  I had to stop wearing them, I wanted my money back ($50 a bra) and they wouldn't do it.  If there is a class action I would love to join in.
I just wore a VS bra for the first time this past Saturday that I had purchased about a month ago.  Woke up Sunday morning to a splotchy red itchy rash along my bra line and under my arms!!  By Tuesday it had spread down my torso and to my back.  I was freaked out, and after doing some research online, found this blog. I went to my doctor on Wednesday, and was prescribed steroids after Benadril did nothing.  Hopefully the rash will respond to the steroids. VS better refund me for the bra I had purchased!  And for that matter...my prescription costs as well!  I'm calling customer service today, and will never shop there again!
FYI: If there is going to be a class action, everyone should be documenting their rashes. Write down dates they appeared, photos, whatever evidence you have.  This will help solidify the case.
I am not sure what number you called that gave you a claim number, because the 800 number a rep told me too take the bras back for an exchange or refund.
Hello All,

I have had a rash since 2006. I thoughts I had gather the rash and dry spots under each breast and it has since begin to darken from the irration and itching. What step do I need to take to get help?

SRW
What a revelation this has been!  For about three years now I've been suffering with a rash between my breasts.  I also get a severe burning and redness on the side of each breast and under my arm. (all within the breast/bra region). The sensation sometimes feels like an internal burning, I also experience an internal itch type sensation. I have worn Victoria Secret Bras for ten years.  I've been so concerned and worried that there was "something" critical "occurring" in my breasts.  At my last two mammography appointments I expressed my concern over these sensations.  Nothing was reflected in the test, so I have been left puzzled as to what was causing such discomfort and pain.
All my bras are Victoria Secret ...big deal about a coupon or refund...I've been miserably suffering for a long time.  Not only physically but mentally worrying about what the heck was wrong with my breasts.
I was wearing VS bras and started getting these same types of rashes in late 2005. I have not been wearing VS bras for about a year now because it was so irritating, does anyone know how long it takes to go away? I am just trying to figure out if this is being caused by the bras. Thanks
I also have had the itchy rash on my back under the bra and under my breasts.
I did hear of this story and did not think it applied to me.
I did not connect the dots.
I just ordered a few more of the victorias secret bras and I had a horrible problem.
I wore my regular size last week and after a few hours the pain in my ribcage was so bad that I ripped off the bra while shopping.
My ribs are still badly bruised.
I ignored the rash and itch and just kept spraying anti itch stuff on my back.
But, I could not ignore the pain in my ribcage.
I assumed it was just me until I spoke to a couple of friends who also just thought that the bras were too small.
has anyone else had this problem and what the heck could cause it?
I wonder if they will take the bras back?
I know i sound like an idiot when I say this,
But since i bought them on line and on sale,I do not remember the exact name of the bras.
I called Victoria Secret last week (800-945-5088) and was told by a Customer Service Supervisor they would send me a prepaid envelope to return all my VS bras for a full refund.  Today, I received a call from Michelle Sharma of the Victoria Secret claims department.  Ms. Sharma confirmed that the prepaid return envelope is on it's way to me to return all my VS bras in exchange for a full refund.  Ms. Sharma requested me to send her a copy of all my medical bills I have incurred to date relating to the treatment of my rash so Victoria Secret can reimburse me for all out-of-pocket medical expenses.  Here is Ms. Sharma's contact info for all of you that also want reimbursement:  
Attn:  Michelle Sharma (her phone number is 1-800-810-7011; select option #1, then select option #3)
The Limited
3 Limited Parkway
Columbus, OH  43230
Today I received the prepaid return envelope from Victoria Secret to return the bras that were causing rashes in exchange for a full refund.  Unfortunately, they did not send anything in writing stating they will refund the money I spent on these bras.  I called Michelle Sharma (VS claims dept.) at 800-810-7011 and she referred me to Dawn Arthur (VS client relations supervisor) at 937-438-4281.  Ms. Arthur stated she would send me a letter stating $42.00 would be refunded to me for each bra returned.  I told her I want a FULL RETAIL REFUND of $56.00 per bra.  She agreed and stated the letter would me mailed to me today.  I'll let you know when that letter arrives.  

Fight for your rights ladies and don't settle for less than full satisfaction!  
Who has contact information on the class action lawsuit?
I have been wearing VS bras since this summer and had a few itchy, dry red patches. I just thought I had dry skin. A month ago I developed red splotches that itched and burned. I told my sister in law a week ago and she told me about the ABC news regarding the bras. I bought a bra from a different store and started wearing that and my blotchy red hives are going away! I couldn't believe it!!! Did it take anyone else a few months after wearing them to develop the hives?
I just posted and forgot to add that I have been using Melaleuca oil on my breasts and that, in combination with changing bras, has helped tremendously!
It took me a few months to start with the symptoms.  I assumed it was a summer heat rash.  I had odd shaped blotches on my torso.  My  Dr thought at first it might be shingles since it was on one side.  She then decided it was more of a fungus.  (Until reading this sight I didn't associate the cracking nipples.  I have extremely dry skin so I thought it was that. ) She recommended Lotramin which didn't help.  I had/have been using Gold Bond powder and cream.  It has worked best for me.  The spots are starting to fade, but I can still see the outlines.  I didn't really associate it to the bras for a long time.  I own about 10 of these stupid Body by Victoria ones.  I'm now wearing my sports bras until I can get new regular ones.  I saw a quick clip on a commercial about the story.  I have had a hard time finding any details of what to do and who to contact.  At a minimum I would like to get my money back for the bras.  I'm also concerned if there might be longer term effects we don't know about. Thanks for all the contact info and sharing your stories.  
Does everyone on this listserv work for Victoria Secret?  Why are you talking about selling back to them the evidence of your physical injuries?
I think it is because most of us need the money to be able to replace the bras with new ones from another brand.  These things aren't cheap.  I can't find ANY information on what we should do with them.  The story broke and then it just dropped off with no information on what to do or whom to contact.
Please don't be penny wise.  Cashing those checks may mean that you have settled your claim - and there are two class actin lawsuits underway.  Just a little googling will lead you to the contact information in Ohio for those federal cases, and I'm sure any attorney will advise you protect your evidence and document your injuries.  

For those with problems limited to a little itching, certainly just get a refund.  My problems have been more significant, causing me to seek medical attention and a prescription for a corticosteroid cream. So I'm taking this very seriously.  
12/7/08

I have worn Victoria Secrets Bras since the early 1990's.  I have suffered exactly as many others here, especially at the bra strap in the last few years, & severely in the last year, more & more, just getting worse, slowly over time; before that, with other styles, it was the whole of both breasts - intense, painful, burning itching, constant rash, all 24/7.  I have a permanent (so far) dark patch that is painful, burns, is dark, shiny, leathery, and dry above my breast at the bra strap & worry that these bras could  give me cancer.  I never expected this & am going CRAZY trying to get rid of the pain & the itch. When I stop wearing the bras,  NOTHING will  clear it up. Only 1 thing gives minor, temporary relief - Emu oil. Will try that Maleleuca oil too.  I had no idea this could be happening - I was searching online for a cure to the skin problem & just typed in itchy rash at bra strap & found info relating this odd problem to Victoria Secret bras. That's all I've worn since the early 1990's.  Anyone know where to get organic or at least hyoallergenic bras?

If you'd post, we'd all be grateful, I'm sure. I'm definitely joining in this suit. I'm afraid of a biopsy & any scarring - most of all I just want to be out of all this pain & itching 24/7.

Before you return the item for a refund, you may want to cut off a sample piece for future lab testing or evidence to give to the attorneys & I would not sign anything Victoria's Secret sent unless you do not want to participate in the lawsuit. I am FURIOUS - I have been dealing with this for a very long time 24/7 & want my skin to return to normal. Anyone know how long it takes from when you stop wearing the bras till you get relief from the itching, burning and pain?  Thanks.  All the best & good health in the future to all.
I to have suffered an infection from the bras, was givin an anti fungal pill which relieved most of it on my stomach but still remains on my back whenever i wear the bras. finaly today decided that it is indeed the bras after going with and without them. itchy. itchy itchy and not looking so hot on the back.
Has anyone suffered a rash from a Lillyette Bra? I bought 2 from a department store and got one free.  I was thrilled at the support they gave me, but then I noticed the itching and rash. At first I thought it was from summer heat and sweating.  But then the severity would go away when I stopped wearing the bra. My rash is primarily where the underwire touches. I got a little relief with Gold Bond and more relief with Neosporum.  But I loved the way these bras fit.  Just wondering.  I think lillyette is made by Maindenform.
I wear several brands of bras and never had any problems. But something they're putting in the new styles must be causing this rash and its NOT just Victoria Secret. I bought an expensive WACOAL bra and after one wearing developed a rash below and around the sides of my breasts. Has anyone else had any trouble with this brand?
Has anyone been able to determine exactly what is in these bras that is doing this. I hate taking the chance of buying ANY brand anymore because if the rash develops, its a waste of money.
I just got a bra from GAP and after wearing it for one day I noticed redness on my skin and feel very itchy all the way around my body where the bra touches the skin. Be alert!
I wear Vs bras all the time and i have noticed that i have been getting these puss like bumps around my nipples anyone else?
I to have had a  rash under my arm and under my bra . I thought it was just weather related. I have many VS bras and NOW no what has caused this rash, itching, and redness. Does  anyone know if I can return these bras for a refund?
I also have developed a rash on and around my breasts.  I have worn VS bras for many years but ordered new ones in January,2009.  Looking at the label, the contents of the bra has changed and they have increased the percentage of nylon while reducing the percentage of spandex.  Has anyone found a susbitiute for the VS Body  bra that they can recommend?
I too have experienced a SERIOUS rash all over my breast.  I had never encountered this problem before until after I treated myself to a lingerie shopping spree & bought all new bras from VS in June of 2009.  I spent a total of about $500 and bought a combination of their Biofit bras & full coverage bras.  At first, everything seemed ok, but surely enough I started to experience terrible itching & burning around my breast area.  Before long, little rashes started to appear all over my breast.  This went on for a few months before I put it together that it was all steming from the VS bras.  The last straw was when a large red rash appeared under my right breast.  I was in tears with all the frustration.  My husband & I have been married for 10 years, & I was even embarassed for him to see me with the terrible rash all over my breast.  I have since stopped wearing their bras & will NEVER purchase ANYTHING else from VS, not even a little bottle of perfume.  I REFUSE to support a company that cares nothing about the well-being of their customers!!  If they even cared a little, they'd close the doors until they could figure out where this terrible problem is steming from.  I actually worked for Limited Brands for 8 years, & I'm very disappointed to see that their quality has gone from 10 to a whopping 0.  Rather than addressing the problem, they try to make it seem as thought we are all just full of **** & making up stories about what has happened to us.  LES WEXNER I EXPECT BETTER FROM YOU!!  YOU HAVE MADE MILLIONS IF NOT BILLIONS OF DOLLARS OFF OF THE VERY CUSTOMERS YOU'VE ALLOWED THIS TO HAPPEN TO!!  WHY WON'T YOU DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS PROBLEM?!?!??!
My wife had a reaction to a Victoria Secret bra that she bought last week.  At first the rash was localized where bra was located, but now the rash has spread to her entire back, stomach, legs and arms.  It appears like severe sun poisining and is very itchy.  She's been to the doctor, the emrgency room, and is now going to a dermatologist today.  She's been prescribed beedryl and prednisone, but it hasn't helped.  We called VS, and they offered to return the money for the bra.  When we refused, they said that they would call back for more information, but it's been 6 days, and they haven't called back yet.
I also have this same problem. I've been wearing VS bras for years and had no problems, but with my most recent bra purchase (VS Secret Embrace Push Up bra) I got a rash immediately. I threw it on the day I got it in the mailed excited for my new bra and after a few minutes of wearing it my left nipple started itching and burning. Taking it off offered no relief and it kept on itching for the rest of the day. I was hot that day and I thought maybe it was a reaction to my sweat and the something on the bra (like starch) that just needed to be washed off. So after washing it I kept wearing it, but to no avail. I still have this rash on my breast and it's just getting worse. The rest of my body now has red itchy rashes on it too. I've made an appointment to see my dermatologist to hopefully get some relief from all these painful rashes. Does anyone know the contact information for the law firm in charge of the class action lawsuit? Something needs to be done about these bras.
I also had a bad reaction to a VS bra.  Although at the time I really didn't suspect that it was the bra itself - i thought i had an allergy to my laundry detergent.  I ended up throwing the bra away and buying a new one from Maidenform.  I wore it for the first time this past Saturday and consequently I'm sitting here with a bulky sweater on with a tank top underneath.  I have the same burning rash that I got from the VS bra.  I'm contacting Maidenform today.
It has taken me over 2 months to figure out my breast issues and also a rash on my back where the band hits are a result of my VS bras  and panties. I first started wearing the bras in August, first one and then added 2 more.  By October I was miserable.  Tried all the other things (laundry soap, double/triple rinse etc) before realizing it was the VS bras. this also explains why I had the same rash across my sacral area when I wore a pair of VS panties. I am not allergic to spandex, which is what the bra states it is made of, but am allergic to Latex.  I suspect these bras made in China are somehow contaminated, maybe with Latex, maybe with something else.  I have just called the customer service dept at VS but now must wait for a supervisor to call me back.  
Boy, for the first time ever I'm happy to be so small chested that it doesn't pay to buy a Victoria's Secret bra.  I have stopped wearing a bra lately however because the strap hurts my frozen shoulder.
I have been itching for several months now. Started right under my breast now it is all over my body. But my breast is the only place I have a rash. I wear MAIDENFORM. I have been treated for chronic urticaria, scabies you name it. Also have took every kind of steroid and antihistamine I get a little relief with them but not much. I have been to allergy doctors, internal med. doctors you name it I've been thru it. So now my boss has recently started breaking out where her bra is. Seems like she's tryed every kind of bra VS makes. Then she found this website THANKFULLY!!  Now we are wondering what kind of bra to wear. Cause all I have is MAIDENFORM and all hers is VS. So if anyone has an suggestions on what to buy we would appreciate it. We don't want to waste anymore $$ buying the wrong kind.
Please...Anyone can email me we any suggestions.. ***@****
hi, i suggest the natori bras.
I have 2 Calvin Klein bras that are causing the same rash on me. They are made in China, like the Victoria Secrets bras are. I'm wondering if the manufacturing plant in China is the common denominator?

I recently purchased Victoria Secret Biofit Demi Uplift and just started wearing it and noticed a bad reaction to it . I woke yesterday with a very itchy unsightly dark rash under my breast and cleavage area. Both breast started to itch profusely. To ease some of the itchiness I have been applying cortisone cream and taking Benadryll. This experience has made me lack self confidence. Being an African American woman my concern is not only the itchy rash but the dark scarring and spotting it will leave under my breast. Has anyone contacted Victoria Secret? If so, has any action been taken to rectify the situation? I have made sure to document with photos. You all should so the same.
My wife got the same allergy around her breast, we start investigating what was causing this problem, and we find out was her "body by Victoria Secrets". The reaction goes more where this litle invisible ruber elastic enter in contact with the skin
I have had the same problem with Maidenform bras.  I have compared the bras that give me the rash and those that don't, and the only common denominator I see is that the ones that cause the rash are made in China. The others are made in Indonesia, and they don't seem to bother me.  It doesn't seem to matter how many times I wash them, either. I'm thinking it's the formaldehyde. I can't believe how much money I've wasted because of this.  Anybody know where to buy hypoallergenic bras that actually have lift and underwires?  
I have also been experiencing a horriable ich on over my breast and under. i gets blood red and bumpy and it iches so bad that i started cutting my skin because i was ichying so much. i just purchased victoria secret cotton bras importated with spandex. I'm affraid the same thing will happen with these bras too. What do you guys think???
ive had the worst rash on my breasts and under them after wearing victoria secret bras. it gets blood red and bumpy.. it iches so bad that i was cutting myself because i was ichying so much. i just purchased the cotton bra from victoria secret imported with spandex. im affraid the same thing will happen with these bras.. what do u guys think???
just came to america this week from australia. i was so exited to buy victoria secret. but its been two days since i brought the bra and the first night i developed a rash. i still have it and only just realised it must be the bra. my rash is super itchy and its ruining my holiday!
I recently purchased 2 Maidenform bras.  I washed both prior to wearing.  The first time I wore one I developed a terrible bra shaped rash.  I did not wear any bra for about a week until it had cleared up some.  I thought it was a fluke and dumb me wore it again with the rash returning.  I waited a while and wore the other bra without a problem.  I returned the rash inducing bra and picked up a bra just like the non-problematic bra or so I thought.   As it turns out one was made in China and one in Indonesia.  Both had product number 07539 stamped on them.  The one from China was the bad one.  Are the VS bras from China?  Is that the common denominator?