Allergy Community
high IGE lavel

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

high IGE lavel

i had test my total IGE lavel , my ige lavel is 604.0 lu/ml they mention normal ige lavel is 1.0 - 200 lu/ml
can i know that in which allergy in affected and what is the treatement for that.pls pls pls
Tags: Allergy
The IgE molecule is produced in response to any allergen.  Saying what specifically you are allergic to can only be done by allergy testing.  I recommend that you see an allergist and have skin ***** testing done.  Then you can start immunotherapy allergy shots.

Feel better.
Hi, welcome to the forum, as discussed in earlier posts, the normal IgE levels fall below 100. Any level above 500 is higher and is suggestive of allergy or parasitic infection. You have known to have abnormally high levels. It can be seen in patients with atopic or allergic dermatitis.  It is usually seen secondary to exposure to allergen and subsequent reaction is mediated by IgE antibodies. Your body is known to hypersensitive to certain things.  

Stinging insects, Aeroallergens (uncommon), Foods and additives like Milk, egg, peanuts, nuts, soy, and wheat are the most common agents to cause such allergic manifestations.

Measures for you to reduce IgE levels are-

- The triggering factor should be identified and should be avoided. Even a skin allergy test can be useful.
- Prompt treatment with anti histamines and glucorticoids during allergic attack.
- New intervention has come up which you can discuss with your doctor, i.e. Anti- IgE (omalizumab), but not required at this state.

I suggest you to consult to a skin specialist/ immunologist for further steps of management. Take care and regards.