Allergy Community
itchy skin after my bath

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

itchy skin after my bath

incredibly itchy skin after shower/shaving
Several possibilities:  Allergic to water (yes, it's possible), keratosis pilaris, and allergies to the soap or shaving creams.  Or, the skin is so sensitive it doesn't like the razor blades.
Are you using soap you may be allergic to? Use a cleansing agent that is hypoallergenic. Consulting with your physician would probably be a good idea too.
Good morning or evening or day or night or afternoon ladies and gentlemen and hello. I get this all the time. Intolerance to chemicals in certain soaps and body washes can cause severe itching to the skin. Go to your GP and get a check to see exactly which chemicals and products to avoid and always heed your doctor's advice. Never scratch the skin when you get these syptoms (symptoms) and try stay away from soaps.
Good call on the chemical sensitivity.  That's familiar territory to me.  I use a wonderful hypoallergenic natural soap that folks here might be interested in.  It's called Sappo Hill and this company is based in Portland, Oregon.  I personally use the one called "Natural", which might be better to call "Neutral", since their entire line is natural.  This is a very hypoallergenic brand that uses coconut oil.  Unless someone is specifically allergic to coconuts, this is a great brand for people with allergies, including Multiple Chemical Sensitivity.  The soap is made the traditional old fashioned natural way.  They just use coconut oil for the fat source instead of lard, which is what our ancestors would've done in the past.  This soap is nicer in that the coconut oil really ends up just smelling neutral.

The reason this one is better than something like Dove is because it doesn't contain those added sulfites.  Even though there is controversy with people arguing over how much people should be concerned about whether these sulfites are carcinogenic, that really isn't the main concern with sulfites for people with sensitive skin.  Sulfites are known to irritate the skin.

There are sulfite free hair washes available, too, so that should also be taken into consideration.  Better for the hair, too.

Always double rinse your clothes in the washer even if you do use a laundry product meant for sensitive skin.  You can even try just baking soda to wash clothes in to see if that will help.  This is what was used before the invention of all those laundry detergents.

You are very right to say not to scratch.  As someone with eczema, I know how true this is, because eczema is known as "the itch that rashes".