Allergy Community
people allergic to people

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

people allergic to people

Has anyone ever heard of people being allergic to people?
Well it is ruining my life and wondered if anyone knew anything
about it.
People have nasel and throat problems within a few min of me coming
in their room/house/business.
People with asthma/breathing problems to begin with will FLARE UP QUICK when around me!
I don't talk to anyone i know about this.....would be embarresed.
need help please!
I have never heard of that although my vet did suggest my dog was allergic to people dander???  Do you wear perfume or cologne or any oils??  Do you have pets??  It does sound peculiar but there must be an underlying cause.  Best wishes.
thanks for responding!
It's not any kind of shampoo, laundry stuff or anything,,,I've thought of everything possible!! It's something chemical in my body - i'm convinced.
I've searched hard around the 'net and found 1 or 2 people saying the same thing as me but I can't find a solution or anything,
aaahhhhh well.....such is my life :)
You might want to look into seeing a doctor if you believe it's a serious problem.
If you have ruled out, Soap, Shampoo, Colongne, Detergnet, Fabric Softner, Household Cleaners etc. Then look for other things like air freshners, cedar coat hangers (big one for me), plants and flowers in your home, pets etc.
thanks for the responces as day by day life gets harder to deal with in this condition.
i'm convinced something is wrong with my body and it's producing lots of allergens for some reason.
I'm going to consult a doctor if I can afford one. No health insurence right now :(
for example....my roomate has asthma issues and when i come home from work/social events....he FLARES UP within 10 min.
At work - 4 out of the 5 people i work with have issues when I'm there everyday!!  I can't believe they haven't put it together yet.....but i guess nobody believes you can be allergic to humans,,,,as per lots of research i've done.
thank you all
maybe a person can be allergic to another's physical or energetic body. why does this seem so unreasonable to people? i have know people to be allergic to various foods, for example, in various stages of development (the people and the foods!)
Someone I know says he's having similar problems.  
When people are around him, he says they start coughing too.  I'd never heard of anything like this before.  Perhaps it's possible.  Please let me know if there's anything anyone else has heard, so I can let him know.
I also have the same problem.  People start sneezing and caughing when they are arouind me.  I appear to have dust and lint leaving my clothes and becoming airborne, why I do not know.
I BELIEVE YOU because it is happening to me.  The doctor thinks it's psychological.  I think it's viral or bacterial or both.  I maybe a carrier of a staph virus.  It's gotten to the point that my co workers are talking about it. They think they are allergic to me!!!!  They say it as a joke but when someone in the office starts sneezing and coughing, they seriously says that it's me.  It happens when I'm at the store at work walking down the street....I need people to take this condition seriously.
I think I am allergic to someone at work. My eyes become dry and irratated with in minutes when he is around.  He was on vacation for a week and I didn't have any problems so I'm sure it's him.  I don't know what to do.  He sits in the cube next to me.  I don't want to be rude but I can't take any more.
My daughter is 13 months old and I believe she is allergic to my friends daughter (3 years old). She always seems to get a fever and have tummy trouble whenever she is around this other girl. I was wondering if she was allergic or something to this other girl. Has anybody ever seen or heard something  like this before???
how do you know this eprson is causing allergies? is he jsut causing you allergies or are there also other people?
has anyone been cured? I need help....why am i attracting dust and lint in my hair...i dont understand...
I think if we (people with this condition) can discuss our lifestyles, ethnicity, living conditions, etc. maybe we can find some commonalities and by chance isolate a cause.  I personally think that it's in my breath.  I am very hygienic though.  I use a $200.00 ultra sonic toothbrush, floss every night, and even waterpick to follow up.  Sometimes a soon as I start speaking, sneezing begins.  I can just pass by people and it happens.  I sometimes hold my breath when I pass and there is no reaction.  I'll pass again and breath and here come the sneezes.  I've done this test often which is why I think that is the area of the problem.  I think that it may be sulfur dioxides, or mold that I'm breathing.  My wife doesn't notice any problem with my breath though (other than in the morning).  Perhaps it pheromones.
I get alot of dust and lint in my hair too.  I'm like a electro magnet.  Even though I keep it real short with a #2 clipper (just shy of bald).
I noticed that I don't drink nearly as much fluids as most people and wonder if that could causes anything.
But I don't know anything for sure.  
Please tell me something about yourselves.

I've seen this thread many times before and it just hit me today that just like dogs, humans also have dander. In fact, dogs can be allergic to us. I wonder if people are allergic to the poster's dead skin cells (dander?) There may be something different about his/her skin cells ? Just a crazy thought that crossed my mind !  Who knows ?
Hi! Here's an idea that you could try--buy a nice potted spider plant for your office desk. This is one of the air cleaner plants. It just looks spidery because of its long thin leaves and has nothing to do with spiders. Another air freshener plant is a philodendron. Both these plants clean the air around you and are very very easy care plants. Any nursery or garden center in your area will sell them. Good Luck.
Does this help with allergens in the environment too? (dust, pollen,etc)
Hi, I think I have this same problem: sneezing, caughing,... when people are around me. I have thought could it be some dander mystery? Has anyone solved this problem??? This is really annoying me.
You might learn that these same people that are sneezing and caughing around you might be doing the same around everyone too not just you. It's quite common with allergies and asthma to happen often.

I told my allergist I thought I was allergic to my self. But I am actually walking around picking up pollen and stuff on my clothes and body. As an allergic person I can tell the difference between 5 people that were at 5 different locations for just a few minutes by the reactions I can feel when I detect the pollens and such on them. When I take antihistamine I can't fell it anymore.

I have actually asked people to go away or change their clothes because it was too much allergy for me to handle. I can still feel the pollen on them even after they change but much less. And it was pollen since I wasn't allergic to them until they went out side and came back in.

Your house could be dusty, there is a long list of things. But you would need to talk to the person sneezing and caughing to help you identify what it is. As they are in tune to detect if it is stronger or weaker. Maybe one of them would be willing to go with you in to your car, home, room, ect... Like a meter their allergies will get stronger or weaker to help you identify what it is around you that you might be getting on your clothes and body.

For one person to have an allergy to you ok... Could be anything in the air you walk near but for lots of people. That sounds like a common allergen then. You will need an allergic person to visit places you go an in your home to help you identify the source since your not allergic to it so you can not detect it. I have had to ask people to walk away or change their clothes just because they were out side for too long. I wasn't allergic to them inside at first, then they went out side for a walk in the fresh air and when they came back in right away my asthma and allergy triggered. Just from the wind the pollen blew on their clothes.

It's not fun living with allergies. If they were in side for a wile their allergies might have settled down for a bit. When you come in you bring in fresh allergens from the air in to the room. Chances are if someone else came in after a while it would start all over again for them.

Try real hard to find a person that is showing these signs of allergy around you to assist you with identifying the source. Have them for example sniff your shirt, sniff your car, house, ect. I can walk in to a house and go from room to room and locate mold for people in very small amounts. I should charge a fee!!! Well since my allergy shots are working I would be out of business soon. lol
If the allergens are on your shirt lets say and you don't speak or breathe in their direction the allergens might not be directed that way. Sneezing and runny nose won't happen from breath. You can relax. If you have these allergens on your cloths and such speaking is small vibrations in your chest that might push these allergens off your clothes and when you talk you are directing air flow in their direction that could pick up and carry the allergens that were just knocked off in their direction if in fact this is really happening. For me it's when people start moving around is when I feel it the most since they are disturbing the pollens caught on their clothes and spreading them all around in the air. I can feel it but usually it's very minor. For me it's the first few minutes when people walk in from out side, after that it's fine for me. As a very allergic person my self I detect so many things other people have no idea exists and I have never been allergic to a persons breath. I've been around breath that didn't smell that great after eating raw onions but never had an allergic reaction. I don't think it is your body.

Thanks to crystalfresh for many suggestions. I still think reason is not my clothes or pollen because a lot of people get these symptoms. It is not my apartment because same symptoms happend also somewhere else.

Some further information about my situation...
I live alone and I'm hygienic as well, washing every day and my clothes are clean, I also brush my teeth every day twice. This problem started awhile ago (maybe month). I have thought that some slighter symptoms has probably been earlier but not so significantly.

Situation is annoying on the job. I work at a kind of office and there are many people in small space. Almost all gets some symptom and as I now they are not allergic usually. I have met two doctors, but no help. They say that this "allergic to people" is not possible.

I haven't test that Patient_A breathing idea yet. Need to test it soon. I don't think that quantity of drinking fluids is principle. Any other ideas or solutions are welcome.

I really hope that we can find some solution.
I absolutely believe you, cause its ruining my life too.  I thought only my aunt, my cousin and myself were affected by this problem, actually in fact initially i thought it was only me.  I became extra hygenic, over cleaning myself to no avail.  People still cough around me,  i started to ask around total strangers in aroundabout way whether i was smelling bad.  None ever said i was!!.  I became very unhappy, work can be a nigtmare, i love what i do and am good at it, but the coughs are driving me mad, i keep going to the loo to smell myself, wipe clean re-doedorise come back in and immediately it starts again.  I am at my wits end.  I would say 60 percent of the people i meet have allergic reactions to me.  Its not my perfume, my soap or my detergent, i change them on  a regular basis. I buy very good perfume, whether i perfume or not, its the same,
Welcome to the nightmare that is "PATM". All I can say is to press your doctor(s), nicely, to deleve into your problem deeper than they have been. Tell them you understand humans can't be allergic to humans, but that something on you is causing these reactions. Ask them to analyze your breath, sweat, urine and feces to look for unexpected metabolites or higher than usual quantities (posssibly H2S). Goodluck butterflylady.
Hey i've been getting the same problem happen to me for the last 4 years when i was 16 and living has been a nightmare...

I have people sneeze, get runny noses, cough, clogged throats and basically just get sick when they're around me.

I believed (since these problems started) that i have some rare body odor and thats why people get sick around me, and i still do believe that.

My parents have made me get councelling because they think it's all in my head, (though i do admit i have depression) but that has nothing to do with the physical symptoms that are happening.

Been told by doctors and councellors also that it's all in my head and have been prescribed anti-depressants for Anxiety and depression.

I've looked up alot of different things on the internet and came to the conclusion that it could possibly be a mix of TMAU - Trimethylaminuria aka. "Fish odour syndrome".

My life has really been hell since all of this started...I feel really isolated, misunderstood, and like a outkast/monster and theres nothing i can do about this...No doctors really take you seriously and you basically get told your crazy and imagining things...

Sorry i know this isn't very helpful, but i felt the need to tell my 2 cents, since others are experiencing this pain!

Hopefully there is a cure out there somewhere.

I can't  believe I found this site because I have the exact same problems.  and have gotten the same responses.  Except, are you really serious?  I cannot believe that someone else is suffering the way I am.   I swear I get nightmares on nights  when I have to get up the next day and go to work.  If there someone/anyone out there that can help me, please do
Hey, yeah not happy to say, but yes it's true, i'm another person as well as you that has this sickness or whatever it is.

I'm not sure there's a cure only because doctors overlook the symptoms and think we're crazy and it's impossible to be allergic to someone.

I only found this site a few weeks ago and although it is bad to have these symptoms i'm happy i'm not the only one going through this, i'm sure you undestand.

Hopefully this will be diagnosed one day and there will be a found cure.

Good luck to you
If it might be human dander then try exfoliating with a salt scrub or something.

This is actually a brilliant site, and I am glad I stumbled upon it. Hopefully someone can help me.

I seem to be allergic to another person. Not really sneezing and coughing, but whenever this person is near me I feel ill; headaches, queeziness, and basically just unwell. And lately I have been getting a blocked nose, but no sneezing and coughing.

This person is actually close to me, a family member, but it has only happened in the last couple of months.

I am at my whits end, as, as soon as they step out the door, I feel better. Well, first I have to spend half the day recouperating, but it's like something makes me feel a little better as soon as they leave, and as the day progresse I start to a lot feel better. But as soon as this person comes home, it stats again with the headaches and so on.

Is there a name for this or is it just something I am imagining?

I have been trying to keep a close eye on what happens and when, and it is when this person is around, I feel ill and when this person is not around I feel better.

I have heard that it is actually something, that people can be allergic to people's dander ... could it be as they are getting older I am getting allergic to their dander??

Anything would be appreciated, as it is really ruining my life.

Thank you
I am so glad I found this!  I too am having a terrible time with people getting allergic reactions to me.  It has been going on for about 4 years now.  I think it has to do with my breath.  People seem fine until I speak.  Their noses turn red and some will scratch their nose, or grab their nose or cough or sneeze.  They are always in a hurry to get away from me.  I use mouth wash, use floss, brush after meals, and still I get this response.  I never wear scents of any kind because I can't.  I may lose my job because of this.  When we do get invited over to peoples houses it is usually outdoors or the windows are open.  I am so clean its pathetic. I scrub down with loofas, never wear anything that hasn't been recently laundered.  I do have some cats but how can that affect my breath?  I have lost friends who cannot be around me.  Help!
i've had this most my life especially getting older. I've narrowed it done and it seems genetic to your sweat and secretions. Every gets sick and nauseated around me also. It's surprising to everyone that I'm a fairly attractive and nice guy but really don't have a girlfriend. really don't want one because I know the misery I'd put them through. Even my own family gets sick around me. Those around me usually get a cold, flu, sinus infection and even bronchitus (bronchitis). I know its me but don't know what to do about it. But after living with it for so long. i've narrowed it down and its genetic chemical imbalance. Medicines cannot help. It seems to be in your sweat though I've noticed. primarily from thegroin and pits. i don't smell, but something secreted from my sweat makes people around me sick and its intensified when my body heat increases and more sweat is released (yes even dogs sneeze). At times i find that it even makes myself sneeze. It's from the pits mostly. I know because some deoderants seem to work better then others. Stay away from sports deoderants. Those with baby or baking powder seem to work best since they absorb the moisture excreted from your pits. yeah it's sad to me too that I have to live with this symtom. Thats why I don't want kids and genetically pass it down. I'm sure its genetic. Most people find that somewhere in there family tree some else close suffers from depression due to some sort of BO. My dad had bad breath, fungal infections and my aunt had BO. Sorry everyone it's genetic and was carried down somewhere down the line. just happened to be us. no one else in my current family has it. but My brother has my dads bad breath and he has perfect teeth. So sad!
People to people allergies are actually quite common. They often initiate as a result of traumatic events or strong emotional feelings and associations, although there may be other triggers.  That is why people with strong emotional bonds are more likely to be allergic to each other than people who interact infrequently.  Symptoms of people-to-people allergies vary, from neurological discomforts (such as irritability,  inability to concentrate, and mood swings) to physical symptoms such as pain and fatigue.  Both the allergic person and the "allergen" can experience negative symptoms - whoever notices the most is simply more sensitive and more aware of changes in his energy field.  People-to-people allergies, as well as allergies to foods, substances in the environment, body tissues (think autoimmune disorders) and pretty much everything else can be permanently reversed with NAET (naet.com), an allergy elimination technique involving kinesiolgy and acupressure. I and countless others have been successfully treated for many allergies, including allergies to other people.  Now I can interact easily with people whose presence once made me irritable and puffy-eyed. Although little publicized, allergies to other people are common and at the heart of many social difficulties.
I was allergic to my boyfriend of 3 yrs on and off. I would break out in serious eczema all over my body. If he spooned me, the next day I would have it all over my back. The first night we spent together, after a party, I had pink eye in both eyes. I went to different doctors, dermatologists but was sick of using steroids on my skin so I turned homeopaths, and naturalpaths. I quit smoking, became a health freak but still had the break outs around him. Thought that maybe it was his hair. After a year apart we got back together and his hair was cut short. At first it was fine but after a while the symptoms came back and I was forced to end it for good. While no one believes me except the natural doctors, I believe that my body was repelling him, protecting me from someone who would ultimately just cause me harm. I'm sorry for those out there that have done nothing wrong, are "good ppl" and still end up causing reactions. But maybe this can be of some help for others in situations similar to mine.
I just broke up two months ago from a 2 1/2 year relationship. After our first year, i was feeling really bad, sinus infections, bronchitis, and just feeling lethargic, no energy etc. We split up for 5 weeks and i was feeling really, really good. I could breath again and think clearly. So then we continued to see each other until February and i was just plain ill. I had respritory problems and even got a CPAP machine last Thanksgiving. I could not sleep at night and was dead tired all the time. Once she bought some really cheap hair spray and i reacted immediately to that as soon as she walked into my house. I was being poisoned! So for the past two months i have been getting better and better and now i feel just great. So good that i can't believe it. There is no doubt in my mind that she was the cause of it. She was very hygenic, so no problems there and as a teacher, i thought that she just carried germs from her students and chalked it up to that. But how do you tell someone that they make you sick?!  She changed her clothes detergent, i bought her high priced hair spray and that helped. But she was under a lot of self induced stress, so i wonder if it was something chemically that she released. Any way, i am for 100% sure, that either her or what she wore/used made me ill............I feel great now!!!
I am allergic to my boyfriend's face. We've been living together for over 3 years. At first, I didn't notice any type of allergic reaction. We had one cat when we moved in with each other. Now we have two. I know for a fact that I am allergic to the cats (I hate to give them up, but I also care about my health). When my boyfriend and I are intimate (or any time for that matter), I can't rub my cheek against his cheek or else my cheek will get red and itchy; a burning sensation really. He sometimes shaves his face, but most of the time he has a scruffy beard. It doesn't make a difference if he is shaved or not. I love my boyfriend and even though his facial skin makes my skin irritable, I will always be with him. I wouldn't give him up for anything.

You guys, don't get discouraged! This is something that can be worked at. There is someone for everyone. If you truly care about someone, you will stay with that person regardless of allergies or what have you. Don't give up!! There is hope!! I will always keep you all in my prayers.  :)
I am the person who is allergic to people.  Over the years it has been something that, with a lot of help from others, I've been able to narrow down to a few things that cause immediate symptoms:

1. Hair products, especially those used by AA.  Not everyone, just a very few among the thousands of people I interact with on a regular basis.  

2.  Perfumes, though I have not been able to identify which perfumes because it seems that they interact with a person's personal body chemistry in different ways.

3.  People whose diets contain a lot of curry or garlic.

Usually the symptoms come on immediately before I actually smell anything.  Most of the time there is no noticeable smell because post nasal drip begins immediately, and I have to step away from the person.  

Ironically, the person who is causing the reaction will frequently try to ignore the coughing etc. and pursue the exchange, even when I refer them to another person who can help them.

Only once have I actually had to tell a customer that I was allergic to something they were wearing, because the customer insisted that I should serve her and persistently dragged out the interaction while also closing the distance between us.  She literally came around a desk and stood right next to me when it was apparent I was in distress.

She could have gone to two other people but kept coming back to me...so I had to say something after she complained.

I'm sorry for the people who find themselves to be the cause of allergic reactions.  And I'm sorry when I have to back away from someone because I am allergic.  

Hopefully the people on this board can find solutions that are helpful.  In my situation, I have found that others who are not allergic are able to identify what they can smell for me, even though they do not have the same intense reaction.  

This is fascinating. I didn't expect to find any similar symptoms on the web but here you all are. My situation's a little different... I seem to elicit coughing and sneezing and less pleasant responses (hacking, spitting). Not to mention dogs barking, crows cawing, jays screeching. It's all a bit insane and my annoyance at it doesn't help matters as I conclude that I'm the root of all problems and best off shutting myself inside my house. In my case I think it's because I am repressed -- I don't express myself and I carry a lot of tension and discomfort in myself. It seems to trigger an allergy reaction in others. And often myself: I sneeze often and heavily when others come into my space (which is a pretty big radius sometimes). I feel everything for like a city block. How nuts is that?

FYI, I'm in therapy and working on my internal issues. But if anyone has words of empathy or can relate or whatever, let me know.
Peace...
i have never heard off it in my life but hope it goes soon xx
I also have same problem. people start sneezing and coughing in my presence and they feel hot too and feel guilty and very depressed. I don't have to say more. This proble made my life harder. any help please.
OH MY GOD! I never thought I would finally a post from people suffering from the same problem as me ANYWHERE. I've been having this problem for 10 years.

People sneeze, cough, have runny nose, have allergic reactions near/around me. In a closed room, people would start to become allergic by me within an hour or so. (In fact, I think I am allergic to myself too)

It sounds very weird indeed. Doctors think it's psychological or just say to go home...because it's probably an extremely rare disease/condition... or they can't just do anything about it/they don't understand it.

I have tried: taking charcoal pill, chlorophyll pills, baby powder, green tea, coffee, air purifying plants (e.g. spider plants), good quality electronic air purifier, a lot of special soaps/shampoo, antibiotic, hemorrhoid suppository, charcoal pad for the underwear, hot bath with epson salt and other stuff, spa mud treatments, addition/change to diet (garlic, food, drink,...), change everything (shampoo, soap, deodorant, ...) etc. --- Yes. It's a big list. But I think anyone having the same problem as me would be desperate too to find a solution when they have such a weird problem. ...

The ONLY solution that works right now is... a lot of wind of fresh air. As long that I only meet people outside in a windy weather, they are ok with me... If I am in a large room and I am near or maybe talk to them, they get some allergic reactions (maybe it's coming from my breath?)

I have a scientific mind... So I try to find solutions myself when other resources fail. ...so I think there is 99.9% of chance that I am very very unlucky having this problem (like the few other people here). ...And 0.01% of chance that I am crazy and imagining this problem.

...At least, I tell myself I don't have a fatal disease or some more horrible/weirder disease/condition... But it is making my social life EXTREMELY HORRIBLE.

I have stated HYPOTHESIS for my own problem, but pretty much all FAILED TO PROVE THEM by myself:
-Sweat releasing something allergic
-Breath releasing something allergic
-(Any) body orifice releasing something allergic
-Skin releasing something allergic
-Internal bacteria/chemical problem causing creation of irritating gas (mild tear gas-like)
-Digestion problem causing bateria, that somehow cause something allergic
-(Unlucky) genetic anomaly (...thus physiological now) causing me to have this problem
-Liver problem
-Fish odor syndrome
-Lactose intolerance
-Hemorroid bleeding... causing blood to mix with fecal matter (combined with digestion problem) and causing a weird chemical mix causing something allergic

I have to note that I do also have bad breath, fecal smell, sulphur smell... that are in part neutralized with my charcoal and chlorophyll pills (but not the allergic reaction people get). I don't know if it's a related problem or not. They seem to have some kind of correlation for me.

...Also, I am shy to say this... But the problem seems to be more apparent after some sexual act. (Maybe because of more hemorroid bleeding caused by the act.. more release of sweat... or something else)

This thing is making my social life miserable. I would easily pay 10,000$ for a cure.

The worst part is the GUILT! ...The guilt of knowing that my body is causing allergic reaction to people I love or care about.

Please help... :(

...Or at least, don't be shy to share your story too if you have the same problem. (I know, it's pretty hard to talk to anyone about this)
And oh... When I talk about sexual act. I mean normal sexual act! It somehow cause me more hemorroid and it causes bleeding. I know this because the fecal matter in the toilet is sometimes (dark) black. (blood mixing with it). Yeah disgusting...

I also tried: change clothes detergent, do exercice, blood test (everything OK), STD test (everything OK), colonoscopy (everything OK), cream all over my body, ...

I want to also state that when I was young I had severe tree pollen allergy. I would sneeze every 5 minutes in the summer. I also got desensibilization treatment (vaccine-like pollen treatment) and I am not allergic to tree pollen anymore. Did my body got messed up and end up making allergy?... just another hypothesis...

...All I have are hypothesis... A lot of work trying to find a solution... But no treatment.... yet. :(
I am having the same impact on people no matter where I go. If I am on the train people caugh and sneeze and start to complain about there allergies or there sinus acting up, of I am at work the same thing, I told my doctor about it and he siad he never heard of anything like that. I don't think it has to deal with body products I think it comes directly from the body, because it even happins when I am completley naked around my girlfriend, this is really messing up my life, I really wish someone can find a solution.
In general response it can go beyond sneezing coughing, I had a boyfriend we were sick all the time all the above plus gastrointestinal issues always sick we seperated symptoms went away started seeing eachother again and they r back to top it off everything in our lives seem to be in distress as well. I don't know if its an allergy but its something
Hey

Having this same problem with people coughing/ sniffing all the time.. I think it's one of either 2 things. Something that starts as an allergy but becomes a more nasty social thing once others realise people cough or splutter round you.Or one's emotional repression causing people to cough. Like your emotions are read into other's 'energy field'.

It feels so mean like I'm being attacked with everyone barking at me. People cough hearing my footsteps without ever actually hearing me or from a distance of 100m or more! And guys in love with me and really close family will cough.. and of course it's disrupted these relationships and ruined every date I've been on.  

Ever since I've had these problems it's pretty much like i've left planet 'sane'. Now it's just too much and just finishing uni I'm thinking of every way possible I don't have to burden others with my presence :(

It' also been going on for about 3 years and i can't pinpoint *when* it started.. I think it happened sitting in lectures in first year at uni (i'm now 21) I'd get so nervous then vaguely remember trying to avoid making people cough. My dad has hinted he thinks it's 'the curse of the cough'. Bizarre. I want to just lock myself in with books and maybe a dog! Argh

Please email ***@**** if you have the same issue!
sorry email is downdown1_at_live dot co dot uk
I have something similar and think eating certain foods my body breaks down weird contributes and makes it worse. When I'm exhausted or run down it's worse. Also sweating makes it worse. I avoide close encounters and try to stay to large ventilated areas. I think it may be bacterial in my lungs or something with my breath other than bad smelling breath like an orderless thing. I was in the Sana the other day and someone cane in they started sneezing and rubbing their eyes I knew it was because of me. Coworkers also have problems if we have to meet in a small confined room it's not that I'm anti social or imagining things I see people get uncomfortable, their eyes swell up, they sneeze and can't pin point it on me it doesn't effect everyone and people I'm around more developed an immunity to it. I've changed social habits to deal with it but would like some medication to possibly correct the problem. It is not in my head I see others having a physical reaction and feel bad I avoid situations to help others and it effects my social life.
My girlfriend has the same problem. Each time I'm around her she's not able to breathe and her throat begins to hurt and she feels like crap. We thought it was our home, so we stayed at different hotels and she would feel better in the room until I lay next to her. Did anyone find out what this issue is, and what did you do about it?

Thank you!

Thank you!
Yes, I heard about people being allergic to people. And I’m facing this problem but I’m getting treatment.
I'm just curious... I have read this thread and find it very interesting. Sad, but very interesting. I'm going to be very blunt, because there is no other way to say it. I get funky sores on my breasts, butt, and pelvic area. I was thinking... I never used to get these, what caused them? So I thought back and back and back. Problem... I started getting them within days of getting together with my husband. He is very clean as am I we both shower 2x's daily. I have not started eating anything different, didn't change soaps, shampoos, detergents, perfumes.... nothing. The only change in my life was him. I have never spoke to him about it, I don't want to hurt his feelings.... This has never happened with any other guy I have been with. Is it possible i am allergic to my own husband? I don't sneeze or cough or have itchy eyes like when the pollen bothers me. I don't understand and I really don't like it! Help, please.
Do any of you sleep in a basement room or are any of you on the same medication? You guys should be trying to find the common denominator. Maybe you keep your clothes hung up in a basement. There could be mold down there that doesn't bother you but  bothers other people. Maybe you take the same medications if you think your body is doing it. Athlete's foot is a fungus that could irritate people. Did you have your lawn sprayed with fertilizer. My dog had a bad reaction to that.
now the answer to this phenomenon is no simple one---it will definitely take an open mind---and practice and perseverance as it pertains to become self aware---now as someone said earlier it does have to do with your environment---for instance i slept with a plant in my room that i often retained its smell on clothing---also right next to my room was a septic vent that may have affected my odor---however all these external thing are only the catalyst to get to the real issue or issues
(1) to whom much is given much is expected---now from the time that you are going through this it means that you have a strenght that is worthy---now what is happening is that we humans give off vibrations throught our chakras---now these vibrations are based on our emotions---now this allegy that people have off us first came about because of an insecurity that we have created---something that someone told us, or may be we were not dressed to the best----something we allowed to sink in---i remember when i was young i had to run to town on emergency for my mother and when i went on the bus a lady in the bus said with the most disrespect dont touch me---as a young boy i almost melted and if i could have disappeared i would---now take into consideration that this is only now coming to me as i am writing this---this is to say that you must tackle this fear and with each effort make a mental note to appreciate that you made a change and signify this change to your subconcious mind by being positive about it---now if you allow it to get to you--then more your body will send out these signals of antisocial behaviors--
now what gets these signals going is emotions--sometimes it is fear, or unhappiness or a bad day etc etc---so it is very fruitful to meditate---tell yourself---reassure yourself that you are clean and healthy---mind is over matter---
now what makes this so deadly is that the vibrations we send of is not known to us---it is like the odorless gas that kills---monoxide---you are doing it but you are not familiar with it---it is hidden and silently working--
thus to correct it is to free your root chakra--now in the absent of a free root chakra you will be forced to release these energies on your crown charkra----this is why we see the effects more in close areas--this is because there is a build up of the energy especially when we sit close to people and get nervous---now to clean your shakras you can look at vedios on youtube---however to clean your root charkra i have never seen one as effective as was given to me by revelation---and revelation only comes via confronting your fears--not locking yourself up but make a mental change to your fears---now the key is in breathing---it is the releasing of the energies that build up inside up especially when we sleep---this is not so much about bathing--the outside as much as it is to bath the inside---deep breaths--in an out and you will feel that heavy feeling of insecurity dwindle---now there is a pattern to breathing that opens up that clogging in your root charkra---it is applicable to change certain things in your diet--however the main thing is to keep cold water to a limit---now our bodies is addicted to cold water--but as the word suggest cold is old---now what we have to do get rid of the already drastic amounts of water that we have stored in our systems is to keep it moving---via excercise----remember any thing stagnant stinks---so we must keep it moving and this will show a difference---
so to clean the root charkra is to push down on your buttox area as if you were forcing to **** when you are breathing in and pull in on your buttox area when you are breathing out----this will take time---but the muscle at that controls that blockage will begin to losen---it is given yourself a natural colon clean---now you must be always conscious to keep your root charkra closed and open when necessary..
now here is another big issue with this allergic to others situation---this stems from you being what is term an empath---which is someone who puts themselves in the place of others---now this can be subconsciously or without you being conscious of it---now it is a truth that we are all in some form of sleep as it relates to our full power as humans---thus we are ruled by our subconcious--now some peoples subconscious can read yours--both of you not knowing---this is why you might fall in love with someone you wouldnt in your normal mind give a chance---now when peoples subconcious detects that you are an empath they tend to lay all they disposable burdens and feelings on you the one who is loving enought to take them subconciously---now peoples minds get into habbits--it is almost like that movie click---so if for the last twenty days people dumped there energies on you and you became more and more sef concious, more and more solitary etc etc---you eventually become like those who you empathize with---birds of a feather do flock together---you are who you associate with---you know these emotional vampires that drain your energies---now here is the catch---the one thing someone hates the most is themselves---for example in a relationship if two people are dominant then it usually ends in a clash---now what is really happening is these persons are actually allergic to themselves that they see in you---and this is not isolated to people you know but to anyone who see's themselves in you----and this is further compounded when you become more and more concious of who you are and want to be---as you think of your condition more and more and become irritated about it your subconcious mind will put up a block against such invisible preying on your energies---their minds have not done so and so continues to send out these energies---your mind blocks it and it goes back to them and offcourse they are allergic to themselves---not you---you are just insecure to thinking its you---you are not dirty, ugly, stink etc and do no affect people who are of a higher awareness of there energies and how it affects others---
ferronbascombe.com
check out my book One Stone: Tones of Mathematics
This book explains the why we do what we do in mathematics and make mathematics easy to understand for even those with little mathematical understanding---now mathemtics is life and to master it will greater increase your reasoning and intuition skills..
take care
i realize today that this allergic vibe came through my sweat---
Well if people can be allergic to pollen, then we know for sure that allergies can be transferred by the air. Pollen is only one thing we know about. Don't blame yourself as someone else could be transferring these particles to you and they just happen to affect others.
If I were you I would test things around.
I would take a bath with and wear new cloths while I am not at my place and go again to work. Try to make sure that there is NOTHING else but you that is contributing in that whole thing before you make big conclusions.
Yes, after 20 years of marriage my wife has begun to experience symptoms that we have judged as an allergic reaction to me.  my wife finds it hard to breath if she sits next to me, is in an enclosed space (i.e. car) with me, or places her hands close to her face after having touched me.

We have tried diet changes, different soaps, and different deodorants without success.  This is serious.

I have no solution to report.  I too need help.  My wife went to an allergy specialist who told her allergies to people are not possible.  He doesn't know what he doesn't know.    
I think I found an answer...  After all these years, an ENT told me I have a severly deviated septum which reduced the airflow through one of my nostrils. I  took a serious blow to the nose from a bat while playing baseball when I was a kid.  I had no idea it moved my septum.  Over the years it must have gotten worse.  About fifteen years ago I noticed the PATM issue starting.  It has been building since and the last two months have been HELL!  The doctor tells me this is very common and the surgery will alleviate the problem.  

Google it for yourself.  
I'll reply again post-surgery.  I'll know for sure after that.
  Wait for ur post.
Thanx

I had this problem of people being allergic to me for the last 14-15 years. I suffered immensely because of it. I suffered professionally. I was in the US then. I went from doctor to doctor, my sister and brother in law are doctors i asked them. I told my parents. No one believed me. I was even put on psychiatric medication, my doctor said it was pschological and no one was coughong because of me.

I had a really strange problem, Not every one was allergic to me some were and some were badly. i really felt guilty inside giving them bad throats and sinus etc when around. Other symptoms they had included stomach ache , head ache. In fact sometimes i could get a sense of it as i myself have sneezed and have severe headaches.They sneezed they coughed. I was supremely embarrassed and sad

I first thought it was my jacket. I changed my jacket, my clothes, my socks, my shoes, my deodrant, my car , my house, my diet nothing worked. I could not control it and it added to my anxiety. Nobody believing me made it worse i was alone and branded a nut. The doctors had not heard of it.
I at a point thought it could be my sweat. But it wasn't either, because when i worked out in the gym the symptoms were not there. I initially thought it was sweat because i would tense up when it happened which coused me to sweat more and then symptoms increased. But this was not a cause either

Some thought it was depression, but i was not depressed. I kept upbeat. I was discriminated against, harrassed and faced hostile situations so on. Life was tough i was facing a losing hostile battle. I was scared to go to work or to college when i joined for an MBA. It was agonizing.

It was really strange. It would start out with someone coughing. It was so strange that it could affect someone even 150ft away if he was allergic. Then i would notice, it would tense me up and worsen the situation. Then more people would get affected more coughs more tension i was by then totally anxious. (This was not an anxiety disorder either as this has an underlying cause its natural to feel tense when u know you are the cause).
I really felt guilty and did not know what to do.

However over time i began to understand the causes better. In my case
the ways to control it were

1) 50% could be controlled by having sound sleep for 9+hrs a day
if i slept less what especially less than 4-5 hrs then my body would be in an elevated stressed state and this would cause i donot what but some thing in my system to produce more adrenaline or i donot know what but it caused the symptoms of people coughing and sneezing around me.

This is one major advice i can give. Sleep more than yuor requirement.

2) 20% meditate and deep breath. Deep breath and try to relax when some one is coughing. Try to disassociate your self and keep calm it helps.

3) 30% is diet and exercise. Check your VLDL cholestrol , shift to vegetarian, eat healthy

So basicallly get your balance back.

The symptoms in my case have not vanished but have GREATLY diminished so that now i can go about normal activity.

It took me 15 years to figure out sleep was an important constituent in my case. So my advice please sleep early, sleep sound and try and relax. Please sleep atleast 9 hrs. Also keep calm meditate and get your balance in life back. get some sun light and exercise cardio and sweat.

This is my advice. Guys and Gals who are affected please try this and tell me if it worked for you.
When two people meet, they say chemistry, they hit it off, actually even before they speak, their subconcious is exchanging notes, there are physiological reactions in their bodies without them knowing. There are chemical reactions and energy is being exchanged. You know phermones are realeased and well two people can even fall in love. "LOVE at first site" Their subconcious had found each other agreeale.

Now coming back to the point. That is what is happening. Let me narrate another incident. I had gone to a 2 week
computer training class. I had slept badly the previous nite and there was the usual PATM symptoms i was having a head ache midly. Now my trainer trained the class and cam back the next day saying he had slept badly and had had a major headache. Frankly i suspected my PATM symptom was affecting him also. His subconcious was being sympathetic to mine and was taking up similar symptoms. Plausible absolutely.

So anyway i can go on narrating a lot of these anecdotes. But what i am coming to folks is please understand your triggers. Think back and see there would be an incident which affected you and caused you to react at a subconcious level to trigger PATM symptoms. No your are NOT alone you DONOT require psychiatric treatment either, You need to rebalance your life.

ONE GOOD suggestion i have is for you to try NLP. I came across it recently. frankly i have been practising NLP unknowingly and it has worked for me. NLP is Neuro LInguistic programming. I have for your info not been to a NLP consultant however once you have understood your trigger etc. I suggest you go to one and have a consultation.

In NLP he would reprogram your subconcious to neutralise all the negative vibes and triggers. Without the trigger causing your problem you will not have the physiological reactions and chemical reactions in your system causing PATM in others

In my case i have been trying to tell myself your not the cause. I sleep well, have a balanced diet, exercise, be vegetarian, keep calm, deep breath and mentally make myself believe i am not the cause and it has worked to an extent and the PATM symptoms are in control. IT was crazy before i now lead a normal life though the PATM symptoms have not disappeared alltogether.

I have not tried NLP, but for any one suffering PATM i would suggest that as i think it will work in 80% of the cases.

People please tell me your experiences so that we can exchange notes and try and find a solution. I can understand your agony as i have been through the same.

Please let me know what you think.

But my take is try Nuero Linguistic Programming and let me know it feel it will work. But understand your problem the triggers ( whether it is opening your mouth, or enclosed spaces or foods ot places or routines etc and help the NLP consultant to help you.

Wishing you all well
People here is my theory read on.

Basically if you have PATM (people allergic to me) symptoms your NOT alone and your NOT crazy or Psychiatric either.

I had these symptoms and have tried to find a solution for a long time. I have had limited success and believe there is a cure for it. The first thing is to get back balance in your life as i had written in my pervious post. The next is to understand and tackle the problem. Let me explain.

Now what happens in that most of the sufferers have triggers that cause this problem. These triggers have been embedded in your sub concious by some incident in your life which you may have forgotten but has impacted you sub conciously.

Different people have different triggers however all leading to the the same consequence of PATM symptoms.
In my case SOME of the triggers were

1) Bad or limited sleep less than 5hrs or so
2) Being in enclosed environment, like a bus or small room
3) Wearing shoes
4)Wearing a jacket or coat
5) Eating Junk food or Non Veg

PATM symptoms include coughing, sneezing, throst issues, head aches and even stomach pain in some cases.
When these symptoms are seen and when i notice them. I have to stay calm or else an elevated level of stress in
me will cause these symptoms to worsen And they can get progressively worse. One good thing only a percentage
of people are affected by me. But it is annoying, frustrating, frightening, i feel guilty and bad, it drives me nuts, i can't perform normal functions, it eats into me etc.

As i said before different prople have different triggers and it affects people around them in different ways.
Someone said sleep in her case is not a factor...some has said on this thread that when he opens his mouth
the PATM symtoms (symptoms) occur and so on... they are all correct different sufferers have different triggers.

In my case there is no odor or anything, its strange, it doesn't affect all, it affect is most in closed spaces. It initially occurred during the end of my second semester in graduate school.I initially thought it was my coat (it was the end of winter and i had worn it a long time), i changed it, the problem persisted, i then thought it was my shoes and then socks, clothes, i changed all, i then thought it was my apartment, changed that then i thought i got infected by something and was passing it along, i went to the doc had a blood test, nothing came out except high VLDL above limit, i then thought it was my diet (partly true i was out of balance eating junk food through graduate school), then i thought it was because after a long winter i had started sweating for the first time, so i sweated it out, i thought it was the car, i changed that, then i thought maybe its a deodrant or washing powder or downy i changed all i even washed clothes without them all, still the problem persisted.

I graduated from graduate school in a hurry to leave the place and went for my first full time job. I even selected a job in a warmer place and went to a warmer place there was no affect. I went to a lot of doctors they said there was nothing wrong with me they took a lot of tests. Then they said i should see a psychiatrist. I went there. I told him one of my triggers, wearing shoes, he took my shoes put it to his nose and smelt it hard and said i cant smell anything, he talked about generally legionaires disease, it was not the case, i dropped him I knew this had nothing to do with psychiatry.

They i told my parents and sister (a doc). She first told me not to use any sprays, deodrant, hair sprays, after shave etc and use a neutral soap and see. I tried it did not work. I insisted there was a problem Then my father consulted a doc at his place. he sent me some medication and said take it. I took the medication. I was working and had had the problem persistently at the work place till then. I took the medicine on a Sunday and when i went the next day to work, Like magic the coughing disappeared, i was elated beyond words i told my father. I really slept well and the problem disappeared. But alas it was only for a week then symptoms of PATM seemed to reappear and then it was back to square one. My father was told by a psychiatrist that it was probably something to do with depression or anxiety he talked about serotonin and dopamine levels in the brain and body etc and had given some midl tablets.

When i told my dad it worked he told the psychiatrist and then when i said the symptoms reappeared the doc increased the dose and this went on and on. But the PATM symptoms remained.

I did think back and analyse this. What had happened actually I was having a lot of worries about the PATM and the drugs prescribed helped me sleep better that Sunday night. My trigger was temporarily taken care off and the PATM symptoms disappeared for a week. BUT the Psychiatrist was treating the symptom and not the cause. The PATM symptoms came back and the doc thinking he was on the right path kept increasing the medication. I was caught in a trap unable to convince him that I was not imagining anything or had a depression or had anxiety. I had PATM neither he nor my dad listened. I ultimately got off the medications had a disagreement with my father and stopped the medication.

However I much later thought back why was there no symptom for that week. Well the answer I already told you was that one of my triggers lack of sleep was taken care off as he had given me a relaxant.
However he was treating the symptom the underlying cause remained.

So what is the underlying cause.

I try to remember back the day i was perfectly normal just the day before the symptoms appeared. I had slept very ok and it had snowed heavily the previous day. So i decided to wear snow boots, i was going to graduate school and i stepped into a bus and took a seat. The bus was full and there was a girl standing in front of me and she looked down and commented to her friend "whats that smell" well my boots did give off a stale smell as it had not been exposed to the sun for long. The guy next to me looked down at my boots. I was embarrassed. Now i forgot the incident when i left the bus but the incident stayed in my subconcious i theorize. Now all my triggers stem from this incident. lack of sleep, shoes, coat, closed spaces,
as you can see its probable that i was affected by this at a subconscious level without me even knowing. and it caused all my triggers

These triggers cause physiological reactions in me and probably the chemicals or energy released is affecting others causing PATM.

After all when two people meet or are even in the vicinity even without them knowing their subconcious reacts and cause these chemical reactions.Normally these reactions are harmless in a PATM sense.
However if they are causing allergic reactions then its PATM

So we have to tackle these energies or chemicals being released. I donot
know what it is is it is some chemical it is like pollen or something released by flowers i donot know. But it is strange and odourless but allergic to others.

this is my two pence. So i would suggest to try NLP and see,

I my case i have been able to reasonbly control symptoms by controlling diet, sleep, exercise, meditation and controlling my triggers.
as i have explained in one of my posts.

Since someone said sleeping did not help her i thought i post a more detailed version of my experience to help others. as you can see triggers
in different people are different, some body said even opening his mouth caused PATM....triggers can be different but they all cause PATM.

Hence there is no possibility of isolating a common cause in all as some one suggested
Each have different triggers. There is no common ONE trigger. BUt if
you isolate your specific trigger it would help to help your self
and NLP can be implemented.

This is my take. Please let me know your experiences
I would also suggest to people to read the post by ferron
to : ALL AN

It is a very accurate analysis of the situation of PATM.

I think he is right on track.  let me know what you think...
Reposted...

ferronbascombe.com
take care
Hey everybody! This post is a first for me. Starting here is simply a response from someone and after that is reference material from acupuncture.com. I know PATM is different for everyone but I hope this helps.

The following is from:
http://forums.webmd.com/3/urology/forum/337

As far as the generalized issue here, the odor, I would immediately suggest seeing an acupuncturist. The smell you describe indicates a damp heat condition in the bladder/kidney energy system, which in turn could contribute to odd or burning sensations related to prostate or urinary function. Additional symptoms might include a swollen or pale tongue or a greasy-sticky tongue depending on other controlling factors. It may be exaggerated when you eat cold or raw foods or drink beer. Or if you eat a lot of greasy and spicy foods, this is a different assessment. Anyway, damp-heat, cold-damp, kidney xu, there are several ways this might go, but it's impossible to guess without an actual TCM (traditional Chinese medicine) assessment.

I don't think this is something that needs to have persisted more than a couple weeks while you get sorted out. Unfortunately westerners don't always recognize the simplicity of these dramatic symptoms. It may be as simple as a few acupuncture treatments, or you may be able to make adjustments with some herbal medicine. I would leave the decision to your acupuncturist or shiatsu therapist who completes a TCM assessment.

Originally I did not think your distinct symptoms were related, but it appears that they very well may be.

The following is from:
http://www.acupuncture.com/education/diagnosis/tcmurinalysis.htm

A strong, foul odor is associated with Dampness. This usually is Damp Heat . This is true not only of urine but feces, semen, and vaginal discharge. If it smells really strong and foul, it's usually Damp Heat. There are exceptions. If there is a fishy odor, suspect Damp Cold. In any event, if it smells foul and strong, suspect Dampness.

Frequent and large amounts of clear urine usually indicates Kidney Yang Deficiency. BUT, frequent trips to the bathroom with little urine each time points to Kidney Qi Deficiency. Remember, one of the functions of Qi is to transport and transform.

Excessive sexual desire and/or wet dreams point to Kidney and Liver Yin Deficiency and/or Liver involvement. The Liver also plays a role in TCM in sexual desire and performance as well as in the health of the urogenital system.

Too much sexual activity can damage the Kidneys, including Kidney Jing. So little also can be injurous.

hi my friend, i have the same problem. the people sneezing and coughing around me. and I saw that i attract dust. as a kind of magnetism. you've solved your problem?
Hi emanuel what kind of treatment? YOU HAVE YOUR PROBLEM SOLVED?
I have this problem right now !!>. im the one allergic though ... me and my now current partner started seeing eachtoher about 6 months ago, my eyes became itchy and irritable, with discharge and dryness.... constantly, and my eczema broke out really badly all over my body, not just the generalised locations... then went about 1 month where i didnt see him and my eyes cleared up, my skin too, all back to normal... its now 4 weeks in and we are officially dating... my eyes  again are dry, itchy, have discharge, constantly watering... and due to the rubbing i have amazing bags under my eye :( and my eczema has broken out once again... this time even on my stomahch too, all over my back, on my breasts.... and another symptom im getting, embarrasing to say is my nipples become ithcy, the ithching then causes them to become dry and split... which is so painful.. I have been researching the best i can on the intertnet...  ( oh and to mention, he doesnt use any deoderants, washing detergents, colognes, soaps out of the ordinary & is very clean) the symptoms seam similar to those of either Aquagenic Urticaria - which is an allergy to water and Cholignergic Urticaria  - where you are allergic to your own body heat or sweat.. im just wondering if these symptoms could be altered so that I am allergic to someone elses, in this instance my partner, and because we are intimate etc, there is entire  body contact... .. The two above mentioned allergies dont have the symptoms with the eyes though.. so i wonder if its a chemical reaction with his sweat and mine on my body ???.. I've always had allergies so I am very good at distinguishing primary causes... and unfortuinately all im getting from this is im allergic to my boyfriend.... has anyone found any more solid solutions as of yet ?
omg hello this is exactly whats happening to me it has been since i started highschool i remember well, during the fall all of a sudden i was around people and they started to have allergic reactions my parents thought i was crazy and been trying to go on my life thinking its something on my mind but naaaaaa its happening and its driving me crazy my life is not going the way i would want it because of this. Did you get to go to the doctor?
Hi everyone,

looks like I am not alone, I believe I am allergic to my boyfriend. whenever I am around him, the skin on my face cracks up and keeps peeling and peeling painfully. My face is otherwise smooth and blemishless. this has started taking a toll on my face because the peeling leaves dark injury marks around my face. Human allergy mechanism is a mysterious system in the body. whenever the IgE antibodies are unable to detect some foreign substance which enters the body it triggers an allergic reaction, causing the release of histamine from mast cells, increasing mucus secretion and upregulating cyclooxygenase enzymes and thereby more symptoms are manifested, I know this as a biology student. To stop these symptoms, the alarm inside the body has to be switched off. I don't know for sure how it can be done in the case of being allergic to particular people. The allergen must be introduced to the immature immune cells, which will in turn generate antibodies specific to it. this will stop the allergy for good.
If you are causing other people around you to get infections then you may be an asymptomatic carrier of said diseases. Allergies do not give people bronchitis. See a doctor immediately to address any possible medical issues.

I'm not sure if anyone posted this yet, but the main conversation forum about PATM( People Are Allergic To Me) can be found here:

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/People-Allergic-to-Me-PATM/People-Are-Allergic-To-Me-PATM/show/4415

Best wishes.