Alternative Therapies Community
Anti-oxidant Support for General Health

WELCOME TO THE ALTERNATIVE THERAPIES COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Acupuncture, Aromatherapy, Biofeedback, Chelation Therapy, Chinese Medicine, Dance-Movement Therapy, Medical Marijuana, Feng Shui, Heliotherapy, Reflexology, Unani, Vitamin Therapy, and Yoga Therapy.

Anti-oxidant Support for General Health

I want to try some supplmenets for support and wellbeing. I feel delepeted after excerise, and have poor general health, insomnia, stress easily, brain fog, and low energy etc.  I don't have pre-existing physical medical condition except from anixeity and depression.  I have taken psychotropics in the past and I currently take  olonzapine.  I can't do much school or work.  Docs said they can't do much besides psychotropics.

Has anyone tried MaxGXL.  This product increases Gluthione in our bodies.  I also want to try supplement with SOD (superoxide dismuarse),  Alpha Lipoic Acid, CoQ10, and Catalase

Any suggestions?
I would suggest you take a good, food grade vitamin with emphasis on the "B" vitamins. The "B" vitamins are the "nerve" vitamins and they can definitly help with the depression. The drugs the doc has you on can actually deplete the B vitamins, thus making you feel worse. A good brand is called "Standard Process Labs" I take them and they are the only ones that do not give me a tummy ache.

Also, watch your diet, you could have hypoglycemia, (low blood sugar) this can make you feel tired and run down and bring on the symptoms you wrote about. Avoid sugar and processed foods and try to eat fresh organic veggies and fruits and a lot of pure water.
I can suggest some yog pranayam to improve general health, if you are interested.
I take multi-vitamin mineral by centrum, and I notice nothing.  Yes, the meds I on can deplete B-vitamins.  

What can I do about hypoglycemia?  I already watch my diet, avoid sugar and processed foods.  I can't afford to eat organic fruits or vegetables.  I eat some organic veggies and friuts in summer because they are cheaper than fall and winter and are locally grown.  Veggies and fruit we get in Canada in Fall and especially in winter are from US, with lots of pesticides, herbsides and organic ones are toooo expensive.

I already drink lots of water, when you mean pure water, do you mean water that is not treated with chlorine?  The water supply in our city is river water treated with chlorine.  According to city officials our tap/drinking water has very little chlorine.  I also use brita to filter more junk out.

I am struggling with my health since 2005.  Its been 5 years now. I am 23 now.  I have made all the possible healthy lifestyle changes and they are helping but progress too slow.  I am out of school and can't work becos of my problems. That's why I am looking into other natural supplements and therapies (acupuncture helped a little) to help myself, but being catious at the same time of any dangerous side effects, double checking info etc.

Thanks for your support.
My gp and other gps and psychriatist are no help.  They just pyschotropics and anti-pyschotics for me.  Also they say take any supplements you want, just look over information before buying and consuming any product, that I already do.
Yes, suggest me some yoga pranyams to improve my general health.  I am desparate now.  It will be better if you send me some websites with videos, so that I don't have to read text and do yoga, then read text.  Better to just follow a video.

Thanks for your help.
The Yoga Pranayam  will  help to improve general health.There are no side effects, only benefits. Do it with concentration, with eyes closed.Best time is before breakfast.Start with anulom vilom first for a few days, and then do the full set of pranayam.
Build up your timing gradually. If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after 1 minute.

Bhastrika - Take a long deep breath into the lungs(chest not tummy) via the nose and then completely breathe out through the nose. Duration upto 5 minutes.

Kapalbhati -(Do it before eating) Push air forcefully out through the nose about once per second. Stomach will itself go in(contract in). The breathing in(through the nose) will happen automatically. Establish a rhythm and do for 10 to 30 minutes twice a day. Not for pregnant women. Seriously ill people do it gently.
Children under 15 years – do for 5 to 10 minutes.

Anulom Vilom –
Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 15 to 30  minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.

Bhramri Pranayam -Close eyes. Close ears with thumb, index finger on forehead, and rest three fingers on base of nose touching eyes. Breathe in through nose. And now breathe out through nose while humming like a bee.
Duration : 5 to 21  times