Anxiety Community
ANXIETY and help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

ANXIETY and help

OK guys I no I have posted a few times be for about anxiety but I need to no if this is normal
For the last 2-3 months I have been is feer of dyeing I keep thinking I have cancer brain tumor bleeding on the brain fluid on the brain heart failure liver failure kidney failure stroke lung cancer mouth cancer bleeding in the gut I have been to the hospital at lest once a week and that all think I'm crazy I've had a lot of blood work and ECG and echos done and all have come back fine I do suffer from panic attacks but I think it cold be something more like health anxiety here is my symptoms
Headache
Sharp head pain that last for a few sec
Dizziness
Light headed
Dream like state
Memory loss
Brain fog
Chest pain
Arm pain
Leg pain
Feeling sick and vomiting
Runny stool
Feel week
Like my limbs have no energy
Bad sleep lucky to get 4hrs a night
Racing mind
All ways thinking I gotta go to the hospital
And all ways worrying that I'm going to dye

I no that yous can't give me a proper answer as yous ain't doctors but won't to no if any one has this problem I've been to doc after doc and to 2 different hospitals and never get an answer I'm starting to think I'm going nuts and 90% of the time it's worse at night
You sound like me :) I'm exactly the same been to hospital x amounts of times convinced I'm like a ticking time bomb about to die its bloody horrible and hard to explain people tell you not to worry but u can't just turn the worry and anxiety off it sux talk to a doc see if u can take some meds I have been on Effexor for about 6 months now and my anxiety has dulled down heaps I have been to the hospital twice in the last 2 months and I was going every few days :) hope u feel better soon :)
Why do you believe u have heart failure ?
i have a heart problem called svt but its under control i just cant help but to think it it is driving me nuts
yep it is a big life changer i woes a happy 19 year old then outta no where it just hit and has been down hill from there and i have seen a doc and he put me on endep but it woes messing with my heart so i stop it dumb idea i no but now the doc dose not wont to try anything els all he says is just relax easy for him to say
Hi i am so sorry you feel this way,but i can relate as i am going through the same thing.I started having full blown panic attacks out of the blue around 16 months ago(i had been exhausted by chronic fatigue syndrome for a long time and my anxiety fetched them on)got to say, they are horrendous!I honestly thought i was going to die and because my heart was palpitating that fast i did also think i had something very wrong with me.I had all tests done etc but still visited the hospital twice as i developed health anxiety.My panic attacks have ceased but the health anxiety is still there..i still cant resist typing my symptoms into google but feel like kicking myself after as it comes up with all sorts of scary stuff!!.Anxiety produces physical symptoms..mine are..high heart rate,dizziness,balance problems,stomach aches etc and loads more.The worst i have had is problems with swallowing but this has ceased too.I also get paranoid with aches and pains as i think its something more serious.And i agree with you as it is a big life changer.Although i feel better i cant help overthinking things all the time!!It also effects your mood and theres been a hell of a change in me since the panic attacks/anxiety started.
That is how mine started with panic attack then anxiety then helth anxiety it has changed my life so bad all I do is worry about every lil thing and I no what you mean about searching symptoms on the net now that's all I do and it just makes me bad as I might type in a symptom and all of a sudden something about cancer will pop up and next thing I no I'm thinking I have cancer  I no I gotta stop looking on the net but I just can't stop
Same with me.i have actually been surfing the net now as i have been having other health problems and the dreaded c word has popped up yet again making me more anxious.i was extremely anxious a few months back..my heart was beating too fast,i was hot and achy and i also had a gum infection.of course i googled it and it said blood poisoning!i rung a&e to tell them i was sure i had blood poisoning etc(of course i was being over anxious)the nurse on the phone just laughed at me.to them it seems like a joke but to us its awful to go through.im on a beta blocker for heart rate now,it does help,but im still anxious and because of this my self esteem is zero.
Yea it's a never ending thing all so with the beta blocker that can make anxiety wores i am on minax (beta blocker) and it has made me wores but I have no choice but to take it as I have svt (a fast heart rate) and if you don't mind me asking what problem r you goin thro at the moment
And to add all so just about all the docs I have seen all think I'm nuts the way they look at me and talk to me just makes me feel stupet at times it's not good when I go to see the dock for head pain and he sends me home with out haveing a look at me to bad if there woes somthing wrong
Hello there.

At some point, you're going to have to take a leap of faith and start accepting that the doctors are right, you are perfectly healthy.  All of the medical conditiions you're worried about would have been discovered a while ago, when you sought medical care.  The doctors wouldn't miss all of those medical conditions, each and every time you're seen.

What you describe is very typical among people with health related anxiety.  What you need to do is stop chasing your tail, running to the doctor over and over, and instead, ask for a referral to a psychiatrist, so you can start addressing this anxiety with a professional!

Anxiety left untreated will often just continue to spiral out of control.  Most likely, you'll need therapy, to help undo that anxious cycle of thinking, and learn how to stop the "what if" thinking.  You may even decide to try a medication as well.  Medication and therapy together is a combination that has helped countless people get their lives back.

The doctors are being dismissive because they KNOW there's nothing wrong with you, and have probably urged you to seek help for anxiety, yet you continue to return with the deadly disease of the day.  That's frustrating, and it takes their time away from other patients.  At some point you have to start helping yourself.  Go back to your doctor, and ask for that referral...and take the first step to getting your life back!

Best of luck, let us know how you're doing!
You r 100% right and I am going to see one but the the thing is I can't see him till march there r some days I can tell my self that it is just anxiety but other days r just to much and I do under stand about the doctor and wasting his time and I hate going to see him but some times I can't help it
March?  How come you have to wait that long?  

I'm glad you have taken the step to make an appt.  If you're willing to try meds, you could discuss that with your PCP...he/she could get you started on an antidepressant while you're waiting for your appointment.  Those meds takle up to 4-6 weeks to work anyway, so that might not be a bad idea.

Is your appt with a therapist, or a psychiatrist?  Make sure you call them and tell them you want to be put on their cancellation list.  You may get in sooner that way!

Keep us posted dear!
It just seems one thing after another with me lol.once a symptom goes,another starts!i was suffering with chronic fatigue syndrome and was advised to rest more by docs but i found it hard as i have to children and im a student!i got exhausted then the panic and anxiety started.my beta blockers help but still quite anxious.it really knocks your confidence.i was worried a few months back as new symptoms were kicking in..balance issues and body numbness etc.docs reassured me it was all part of anxiety but i refused to believe it.i now know yhey were right but i thought they were fobbing me off at the time!i feel better a bit,but still have this health anxiety.i have been having a lot of aches in the pelvis(women related)but seeing doc about this soon.cant help thinkin the worst!i am certain you are absolutley fine!!
Does anyone also get like a burning and sharp pain on the left side of chest just under the brest? I've been getting them for ages and my doc says its anxitey as my ecko woes good
TinaR10 commented on TinaR10's status
47 mins ago
TinaR10 commented on OctoberMommy2014's status
1 hr ago
travel_melb commented on travel_melb's status
1 hr ago