Abilify and anxiety?? please help
Hi I was wondering if anyone knew if the medication abilify could cause anxiety. My anxiety is so bad I don't know what to do. I am also on a  low dose of prozac for depression. Abilify was added because the dr. thought i might be bi-polar. I dont think i am nor do my friends and family?? But recently the anxiety is unbearable i take xanax when it's really bad but it's has been so bad that i would have to take it once or twice a day and i really don't want to??? any suggestions??
Dina
According to the side effects listed in the product information anxiety may be one of the psychiatric side effects... so if you had anxiety along with depression prior to being prescribed the abilify then it may be making it worse. This is definately something you should speak to your physician about.  Is the doctor that's prescribing these medications a psychiatrist?

Jerz
hi and thank you for replying. The dr is a psychiatrist, I am seeing him tomorrow i definatly think the abilify is making me feel worse. Thank you for your help
Dina
I've been having the same problem plus it hasn't helped with pain from fibromyalgia.  I couldn't stand it so after two weeks I went back to the cymbalta which is very expensive.