Anxiety Community
Am I just being a hypochondriac/anxious?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Anxiety runs in my family. I have an irregular heartbeat, which I've had since I was 8. I'm 17 now. During the summer, I got really sick so I got tests run on me. I had 2 EKG's which came back absolutely fine. I also had a 24 hour heart monitor which showed I only had 1 mild palpitation within the 24 hours, other than that I had a normal beat, so my cardiologist cleared me for the year.

Every so often, I get a tingling in my fingertips on my left hand. It's nothing painful at all. It usually happens after I've been on the computer for a while. I also sometimes get a really rapid heart beat but I think that's associated with anxiety because I'm very stressed at school.

The tingling... is it normal or is it something bad? I just got cleared a month ago so I'm hoping they didn't miss anything.
The tingling could be from many things including anxiety.  You've had heart problems ruled out so I definitely wouldn't worry about that.  I would ask your doctor about the tingling which is what I suggest to anyone who encounters a new symptom.  When you feel your heart racing try doing several deep breathing exercises....slow deep breaths in thru you nose and slowly out of your mouth.  This should calm you and slow down your heart rate.  Don't worry that it's your heart this will make things worse and there is no need.  If the tingling continues do see your doctor if just to ease your mind.  Hope this helps.
I wouldn't worry too much over the tingling if it mostly happens after being on the computer for awhile.  Could be the beginning of carpal tunnel  syndrome due to pressure on the wrist when using the keyboard or mouse.  Also may even have to do with the circulation being temporarily impaired.  See a doc about that anxiety.  Adrenaline can make you heartbeat speed up and anxiety could certainly be the cause of that.  Good luck.
I have Anxiety, Panic Disorder, Agoraphobia, OCD and Depression.  I was told my racing heart was my anxiety for 10 years.  (Because a racing heart IS a symptom of anxiety and panic attacks) I had a holter monitor done and EKG's and all came back fine.  Everytime my heart would race, it was never hooked up to a machine tho.  Finally I had another holter moniter done and it caught a very very brief racing of heart.  It showed I had SVT.  I knew I had something else going on, and they put me on propanolol.  It has helped it tremendously, but not gone entirely.  Interestling, anxiety and stress actually bring on the svt.  Go figure.
I do not tell you this to scare you, and this is not a dangerous condition, it just reminded me of my history.  By the way, I have the tingling and my Hang in there and feel better!  
mishymoshymarcy, and CRSeaside commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
5 mins ago
current dietary guidelines on prot...
36 mins ago by gymdandee
5+years facing my unknown future. ...
3 hrs ago by NiCeeGlover