Anxiety Community
Anxiety - correct diagnosis or misdiagnosis ?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

I'll keep this short and simple

Doctors will not give me the time of day to plead my case and explore any other options, wondering if somebody else had this problem

Never had anxiety problems ever before.  I had one "panic attack" last year out of nowhere and it has spiraled since then.  First diagnosis was PSVT, then another doctor said it was just anxiety.  Never any symptoms before this.

22 years of age, good health (i hope),

first panic attack, which led to severe anxiety, then to depression all combined happened about 2 years ago.

My symptoms: palputations, chest pains, abnormal heartbeat, soar neck, numbness in hands, dizziness, twitchy muscles, anxiety, stress, depression, lightheadedness, mood numbness, loss of breath, panic attacks, insomnia, excessive urination, hot flashes, dehyrdation, stomach pain, diherreah, lose of focus, decreased attention span, bad memory, loss of reality

NOTE (Not all these symptoms occur at once, these are symptoms that i have encountered over the last 2 years pretty consistently since my first panic attack)

Medications:  20mg strataline, 50 mg vyvanse (Note, all these symptoms were there before vyvanse, it is the only thing that makes me feel alright for periods of time)

Also note, i have an abnormal rash, that even with antibiotic/steroid ointment has been on my right wrist to side of pinky.  Dry, itchy, patchy, skin that scabs up and bleeds.  It began around the time of my first panic attack 2 years ago ( I've heard this may be a sign of other conditions) My doctor said it is probably just psoriasis.  Weird how it started at the same time?

Anybody else suffering from this and had problems having doctors listen to all your symptoms, and just tell you to live with it?  Any ideas? I'm extremely desperate, it is ruining my life.  If you would like to hear more of my story, it won't fit on here, PM me and maybe we can share.  PLEASE AND THANKS!!
your taking a small dose of zoloft why?
Because anti-anxiety meds make me feel like complete and utter $hit.  But after trying a few other meds and taking myself off of them for a while, trying to do without any anti-anxiety meds,  I realized I needed a little bit of something.  It is just enough to take off the edge a little bit.  Anxiety meds make me "zombified" if that makes sense.  My doctor even said last time i came in that he had no idea why he prescribed me such a small dosage lol.
Are you currently in counseling for your anxiety?  Health anxiety can definitely take its toll on us both physically and mentally in my experience with it.  The constant worry can literally make us feel run down, depressed, and tired in my opinion.

I believe that confronting the source of your anxiety can go a long ways in dealing with it.  By learning about it, one, it makes it less confusing, and two, much less scary because as with any challenge, the more we know about it it, the easier it is to overcome it.

Constant fear and worry about symptoms is very common in my opinion.  I tend to believe we become so hyper sensitive and hyper aware of what we believe is wrong with us that we will link any odd feeling or symptom to what we believe is physically wrong with us.
Jade59 commented on photo
Amandag78 commented on photo
Amandag78 commented on Cee lo