Anxiety Community
Anxiety and Muscle Twitching
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Anxiety and Muscle Twitching

Hello! Thought I would post this another way---is there anyone out there who experiences muscle twitches with anxiety?  When I take my Xanax (only been on it a week  / .25  2x's a day) it seems to help. Anyone else? I would APPRECIATE any input here.  Thanks!
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
yes I get it all the time alot in my eye and thigh I just don't let it bother me anymore
Its normal, if you think its something else go see a doctor
Blank
I have gotten twiches that come and go. Don't worry to much about them. How long have you had them? Do they come and go? Twitching is a big sign of anxiety!
Blank
400867_tn?1371756694
Hello Maisey.  I get twitches in my eye quite often, especially when my anxiety is acting up, i.e. NOW.  LoL.  I also get lots of aches and pains and tense muscles.  Like Jess said, twitching is definitely one of the harmless symptoms of anxiety, albeit annoying.  
Blank
682845_tn?1228669260
yes, like right now..they are on my chest muscles..and arm
Blank
Hi, i'm 40 year old asian female.  i have twitching/jerking on my body parts too including legs, arm, throat, chest. then tingling, sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. my questions is how do you guys make yourself go to sleep when you hare going through this? i try to relax and maybe get some rest with my eyes closed, but i'm not going to deep sleep cuz i'm so aware. my dr prescribed klonapin to relax and then i can sleep with ambien, but i don't want to get addicted to either or both of them. i'm trying to ignore it and just tell myself nothing physically serious comes out of these anxiety symptoms and i'm not gonna die, but at the time it's happening, it sure *****. i also get super tension headaches. good luck everyone. let's try to stay positive and not get discouraged.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
10544388_tn?1411072063
Blank
Thin4Freedom says... Haha! Convinced my ... Comment
5 hrs ago
1236893_tn?1408490528
Blank
The Ultimate Food Storage Cheat She...
6 hrs ago by gymdandee