Anxiety with MRI scan
hi, ive just had the worst expercience of anxiety i have ever had, i was booked to had a MRI scan thinking, no problem ill manage that seen it being done on TV ill be fine, i had no idea i suffered claustraphobia, i was actually fighting for breath and felt like someoe was sittin on my chest i was shouting at the poor nurse guy to get me out, we tried a few times but to no avail, i was left a blubbering wreck, ay advice on what kind of sedative to ask for when i go for a re try and the dose, im on strong pain killer for last 3 month for a slipped disc trappin a nerve in my neck and i know i HAVE to get this done to get the proper treatment, any advice would be great thanks.
Many people get nervous in an MRI, so don't be too hard on yourself.  Do you have access to an 'open MRI?'  While the machine is still close to you, you are not fully enclosed in a cylinder.  I have had both types and I believe I felt much less confined in the latter.