Anxiety Community
Anxiety???

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Anxiety???

I was driving today and had a headrush for a few seconds along with shortness of breath. my girlfriend and i just had a kid, but i was experiencing some anxiety before the birth. Why would i have had a head rush and shiortness of breath while driving by myself, im also seeking employment, so i guess there is some stress..But why the head rush, im very scared
It kind of sounds like a small panic attack, if there is such a thing. I say that because any panic attack whether it be severe or small is so scary.
You had two of the common symptoms. Many of us with anxiety also have the shortness of breath and the head rush feeling.
You do have a lot of stress going on in your life right now so it could very well be anxiety. Have you had anything else going on, like sinus problems, allergies, anything like that? I kind of doubt if that's what it is but thought I would ask.
no allergies, back in august of 2010... i went to the er because i couldnt stop shaking and felt very "out of body" nothing major was wrong.. They sent me home with ativan but i never used it because it can be very addictive, i went to the doctor a few weeks ago because of terrible headaches.. I told him about my situation and he thought i should try a few anxiety medications. i didnt want to use any meds but i'm starting to rethink that.. Thanks for listening.. This was the first headrush ive had with anxiety
Hello and welcome!

Sure sounds like a panic attack, only a little milder than some of us have experienced.  You have had a lot going on, no wonder you're experiencing anxiety!  Even positive things in our lives (birth of a child, marriage, etc) can cause stress.  You are having major life changes, so of course you are stressed.  

There is an excellent quiz that rates your potential for stress-related illnesses (used a lot with depression/anxiety disorder evals) that is great to take.  Just by lookling at the list, it's easy to see how we can become so easily stressed...a lot of things (changes) we would consider insignificant adds to our stress levels.  I encourage anyone to take it...it was developed by professionals and is still widely used by doctors/therapists.

Here's a link to the quiz:
http://www.stresstips.com/lifeevents.htm

Sounds like the anxiety may be getting a little ahead of you, so it certainly wouldn't hurt to spesk with your doctor about trying a med, even if a temporary course....to get you over the hump until you see if the anxiety will start easing up a bit.  With situational anxiety (like in your case, where there is a clear identifiable stressor(s)), sometimes treatment is needed.  If you don't have any history of anxiety, a short term course of a low dose anti-anxiety med (like the Ativan) taken as needed...may be all you need.  It is certainly no sign of weakness of anything else that you may need a little help navigating through this time in your life.  Sometimes we simply don't handle stress as easily as others and that is OKAY.

Whatever you decide, you definitely have options.  Discuss this with your doc and have a pow wow about how to proceed.  Congrats on the baby and hang in there.  Please let us know how you're doing!
day to day, kinda feel a little detached from the day when im about. It feels alittle scary kind of like derealization, possibly a little foggy. heart kinda races all day long. ANY THOUGHT???
Paxiled commented on Gross Things Beef Cat...
6 mins ago
mishymoshymarcy I believe in myself, and i ... Comment
Jade59 commented on 'changesone'...
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms