Anxiety Community
Blood Pressure and Anxiety

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Blood Pressure and Anxiety

I find that my blood pressure is related to anxiety.  I also find that the more I think about it, the higher it goes.  If I'm able to be calm, I can get the numbers lower.

Do you have suggestions to stop thinking about blood pressure and other things that occupy my mind to much as well as natural approaches such as supplements that can lower blood pressure?

Thanks.
when my anxiety is up so is my bp, i just try and do something to get mind off of stress read a book taking a walk is good and talking to someone helps , if you have a pet play with it or just sit with it that helps me . good luck
Mine was the same way and I was convinced that I had High blood pressure. So I started to take it at my moms because she has a monitor and it would be normal. You might just be like me and have white coat syndrome. Thats what they call anxiety from going to the doctors. Lots of people have it. I would always fear my BP would be high when I would go to the doctors, so I would get myself all worked up. Never fails it would be high. My doctor told me to go out and by a monitor and get over the fear. If I had high BP it would be high at home too. So I started using my moms. It's gotten a lot better. I try to have a whatever attitude when going to the doctors. Hope this helped.
Yeah my blood pressure goes up when I'm nervous / anxious.  Get a home monitor or manual blood pressure reader for home and take it when you are calm.  If it is normal, like I'm sure it is, then you know it is simply due to stress.

Omega3,6,and9 oil blend by UDO is a good thing to help with blood pressure.
Omega 3 fish capsules.
Having a teaspoon or two of olive oil or a day.
Milk / Calcium

Valerian helps to lower blood pressure to, especially stress related.
Exercise, Exercise, Exercise.
Continue working on anxiety / stress reduction techniques( meditation, music, having fun, watching a movie, etc. etc.)
Ya, I know my blood pressure goes up  when Im in stress/anxiety cause I can feel it......Try to relax and take deep breaths, walks are good to. hope you are feeling better......
Angelinaaa commented on Long standing dry mou...
21 mins ago
Frenchies commented on Long standing dry mou...
57 mins ago
How Bad Science and Big Business Cr...
9 hrs ago by gymdandee
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms