Anxiety Community
Buspirone
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Buspirone

I'm currently on buspirone for anxiety, and all it seems to do is make me extra nervous and jumpy, i feel weak, restless, and my anxiety is still here. Sometimes I get over excited too and cant stop laughing at something that isnt even that funny. I'm not really a fan of this medication so far and am thinking of going back on celexa because i also have ocd and depression too. But the celexa was kind of making me feel like a zombie when I was taking it for awhile and that's why I stopped taking it. It made me feel numb/emotionless, etc. Does anyone have any suggestions or did anyone experience anything similar to this? Id really appreciate your feedback. Thank you.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1002601_tn?1264527089
I'm taking (have taken) Buspar with little to no effect on my anxiety/OCD other than serious loopy and dizzy feeling so it's pointless to take it (for me).  In fact, I have found nothing that has improved my anxiety, only things that have made it worse.  I was hoping that this would be the miracle drug for me, alas it is not.  Good luck finding something that works for you.  Anxiety is a terrible terrible thing to deal with.  
Blank
968908_tn?1274874715
Maybe you could try Paxil, in the beginning it can increase your anxiety (like all the other med's) but once your body settles into it, it is a really good drug for settling both anxiety, depression and OCD.  Also if you have any social anxiety it sorts that out as well....
Blank
My doctor just put me on Buspirone about a week ago, and maybe it takes a while to build up and get used to but i have experienced the same racy jumpy feelings, and also the extremely dizzy spells so bad every time i moved my head an inch i felt as though i would faint, so needless to say im not a fan either, i keep taking it thinking maybe it will eventially work right, guess we'll see but so far i hate it. It does seem like it makes my anxiety worst. And i cant sleep either, sleeping is worst than before, even taking melatonin every night 10mg which is a natural sleep herb my doc recomended. I feel kinda hopeless, the only thing that works for me is xanax but one i dont want to be addicted to it, and two im on suboxone so im not "permitted" to take benzo's.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
4059843_tn?1410695600
Blank
mishymoshymarcy I thought disappointing you... Comment
2 hrs ago
4059843_tn?1410695600
Blank
Stressing, disappointing myself onc...
2 hrs ago by mishymoshymarcy