Anxiety Community
CAN PAXIL (PAROXETINE) INCREASE PANIC ATTACKS AND ANXIETY???

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

I've been taken paxil from 6 months ago, everything was ok, until this last 10 days or so, I started to feel like more anxious, and sometimes like acelerated I'm starting to think this is not normal and maybe could be the paxil intake, I take 20 mg daily, am I getting short or maybe I'm getting too much. Is there any possibility for this med to cause me an increase of panic attacks and anxiety.

I was medicated with paxil and xanax due to panic attacks related with some laryngitis, I feel like something stoke in my throat and then a feeling of getting choked, my specialist say that I do have an inflammation caused by acid reflux even when this is not THAT dangerous my body triggers his self defense instinctive reactions putting my blood pressure so high and getting me in panic and fear of death.

So if you have any advice I will really appreciate it.

Thanks a lot.

Metacomet
It's most likely that your body has built up a tolerance to the Paxil, this happens often and usually an increase in dosage or a change of medication is needed.  This is common so don't be overly concerned.  Call your doctor and let him know what you are experiencing, I'm sure he can help.
Yes, anti-depressants can cause anxiety.  It's one of the most common side effects, ironically.  The reason is that anti-depressants can be over stimulating to some people.  You've most likely not reached tolerance in just six months. It could also be a reaction to the Xanax.  We all react differently, and reactions change over time.  
Normally anti-d's increase anxiety and panic attacks in the first few weeks of taking them and settle down once the body has got use to the drug being in your system.  Personally i would go back and have a word with ur doc as you may need a slight tweek to your med's, maybe an increase of the paxil or a reaction to the xanax.  However do not stop taking any med, without consutling your doctor first.
GMO CORN
3 hrs ago by gymdandee
mishymoshymarcy I'm trying so hard to stay ... Comment
mishymoshymarcy commented on need a title -
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms