Anxiety Community
Celexa vs. Lexapro
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Celexa vs. Lexapro

I'm on Celexa now but am wondering if maybe Lexapro would be better since anxiety is my biggest concern.  Has anyone had suggest with Lexapro.  Also does Lexapro cause weight gain like Celexa?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
480448_tn?1403547723
Just an FYI---Lexapro contains the same ingredient as Celexa.  Hence the "lex" in the name.  Some people have better luck with one med vs another, a lot of times it is trial and error.  I have had great success with Lexapro, but everyone is different.  There are some initial side effects, but once they subsided for me, it really helped.
Blank
They can both cause weight gain.  Theoretically, Lexapro has fewer side effects, but it probably doesn't.  Depends on the person.  What they did was cut Celexa in half to create Lexapro, and thus were able to get a new patent.  Celexa is a lot cheaper, therefore.  If Celexa is working, I probably wouldn't switch; if it isn't, then I probably would.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
Blank
blockhead123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
34 mins ago
1712422_tn?1407308655
Blank
LovemyKids86 . Comment
4 hrs ago
Blank
dianeadelle joined this community
Welcome them!
4 hrs ago
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Anxiety Tracker