Anxiety Community
Chaos

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Chaos

Hi All,
I am a 35yr female who has suffered from some degree of mild anxiety and ocd most of my life.But I have always been very happy and healthy otherwise.I was exercising and eating right.I was doing everything that doctors tell you to do to be healthy.About a year ago out of the blue I started to suffer from major neurological issues and migraines with aura. My Neurologist suspected MS .I have since had every tests known to man and all were normal except low vitamin D and spots/lesions on brain mri that are common in migraineurs .I rarely ever feel normal. No one can tell me what happened to cause all this to begin with.
I now am in a constant state of worry about if I am going to get a migraine or have other issues. I have been given preventitive migraine meds but I am hesitant to take them due to my anxiety about having a reaction to them. I have a bad track record with medication. Also my husband and I are trying to become pregnant. I am just in a constant state of pretty much freaking out all the time. I have also started to have panic attacks over the last year.They just come out of nowhere. I have IBS aswell..I also feel that I must be doing somthing all the time. Cleaning, cooking,shopping pretty much anything to make time go by faster.I use to enjoy being by myself and could be content reading a book but now I cant stand it. Our insurance only covers 20% of mental health.I tried to go to a physcologist for a while but we just cannot afford to pay $500+out of pocket per month.I am truely just a mess and have no idea how to deal with what I have become.....Sorry to ramble.....
Take Care, Theresa
I would first determine if the medication to prevent migraines would be harmful to the baby, if not you may want to consider taking it, to ease your anxiety over getting one.  I used to suffer with severe pain, but now only get the side effect of a migraine in my vision.  My vision starts to break up, with everything going zig-zag and I cannot do anything but stop.  I know when this is beginning and just sit down somewhere or park the car, knowing it will pass in about 20 minutes, and then continue my day without worry. I went thru a period of having migraines on a regular basis to raely having one, so I'm not sure why, and never persued it.  I don't know what all medications you have been on, but I would talk to your doctor about another that may work best for you and is safe to take while pregnant.  It's sounds like a bad time to think about having a baby, because so much more worry comes with having a child, you want to make sure you can handle this along with everything else.  The right medication just to calm you down would work wonders for you, ask your doctor about this, you need something.
Jade59 commented on clean_in_ks's status
1 hr ago
mishymoshymarcy Getting through each day is... Comment
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms