Anxiety Community
*Constant* Chest Pain from Anxiety?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

*Constant* Chest Pain from Anxiety?

Does anyone have this for a symptom??  It's horrible, feels like I'm going to drop dead from a heart attack at any second during the day.  Have had multiple tests with Dr., said I have anxiety - put me on Celexa (3 mo's now) but it has done nothing.  Tried breathing exercises, meditation, etc - none of that stuff helps.  And can't really exercise because I'm scared I'll drop dead!  Please help, this is ruining my life, hurting my marriage and my job.  The chest pain is very real and painful to me, but the Doc is telling me it's a chemical imbalance and basically all in my head...   ???
I have had that same problem. It comes and goes for me. I usually rub that area on my chest and when i feel that I can feel that, I know that i am going to be ok. I hope that makes sense to you. If the Celexa is not working by now I would try a different med. It may take awhile to find the meds that work for you.   I hope this helps.
What kind of chest pain is it?  I ask because I had chest pains and swore I was going to have a heart attack, but I have GERD and gallbladder issues.  I take meds for the gerd and it has made my chest pains dissapear.  Have you been tested for GERD-acid reflux?  
No, but that is my next step.  To try and get referred to a GI specialist.  Could you please tell me what types of tests you had done to determine what medicines and treatments you ended up using to clear up your chest pain? (upper GI, endoscopy???)

My chest pain/pressure is under my left pectoral, feels like it's in my ribs, sometimes it hurts when I touch it, sometimes it doesn't.  They're calling it "Non-specific Chest pain", that's why the anxiety diagnosis.  I guess I'm bad at describing it.  I have this "gummy" feeling all the time in the left side of my chest, like something is ripped, it's very annoying and hard to ignore, I think about it all day, always clutching my chest and taking deep breaths to see if my lungs are still working!  I feel like I'm crazy.

I'm taking Prilosec now, but it's not doing anything to help the chest pain.  What medicine are you on that is helping you with yours?  Thanks!!
Do you drink a lot of caffiene?  I had chest discomfort that was on the lower left side of my chest everyday.  It was particularly bad when I worked out.  However, I reduced my caffiene intake, and it subsided.  It sucks because I love coffee, but I can make it through my workouts now without having that setback.
I have had the endoscopy and all of the heart test to rule out it being anything associated w/cardiac care.  Now I will tell you that while the chest pains have basically dissapeared I still get the pain under my ribs quite often-on left side and right.  But of course when it happens on our left side you get more concerened-I know.  I am on aciphex for my gerd-it's prescribed and it has worked wonders.  I'm not kidding, in the beginning I actually went to the ER for chest pains and they found nada relating to my heart, but they did find gallstones, and this was before all of my other symptoms.  I really did feel like I was going out of my mind because the pain would not go away but all the test were coming back negative.

Now I have never noticed that if I touch my left side it hurts, but I CAN relate to the pain under the ribs.  You know gas will make you feel like that also, and I suffer from that as well.  
Yes, you need to see a GI so they can let you know what's going on.
Also, and I am sure you are tired of hearing this, but stress will make you feel pains where you would least expect it.
Thanks for all the comments, yes, I'm sure it is related to stress now, initially I just thought I was having a heart problem and also went to the ER twice, once in an ambulance!  Hard to believe stress can cause you so much *pyhsical* pain and anguish.  I do drink a lot of coffee and find that harder to quit then some of these meds.  I just need to go see the GI, cut the coffee, and try to eliminate stress from my life and hopefully I will slowly start to feel better.

I feel sorry for everyone on this board going through this kind of stuff, it's the craziest thing, to feel constantly ill but have every test come back negative.  And every doctor telling you that you're ok.  If I start to feel better I will try and come back and help out with any information.  Thanks again.  Hang in there everyone.
i am experienceing the same exact things. im starting to think i have apinched nerve.
My doctor also says the chest pain is from a anxiety..Usually its not to bad unless I am under extra stess then I would swear I am going to die..My chest hurts, I feel short of breath and it feels like my heart is going to jump out of my chest..It is very scary feeling that way..Also sometime its like I can actually see the walls moving in towards me..I think that is the worst feeling of all for me..
Dont feel alone everyday of my life i feel as if im going to drop dead or basically just lose my mind.My Doctor and therapist both tell me my chest pain and general body aches are all related to anxiety.Im 33 yo male with 3 children and this has affected my home life and career but i hide it well so no one thinks im a nut but inside im just going insane with fear all day 24,7.Last time i saw my physician she said i may have gerd so she prescribed something that at this point has done nothing to relieve chest pain only thing that works is the kolonopin that works for a while but it always comes back i just have a hard time believeing that anxiety or stress can cause such a heavy feeling in the chest all the time makes you wonder in the doctors no what their talking about or is that just the anxiety way of thinking.GL to you and your not alone!
I feel the same thing! I thought I was alone for so long. I am 18. I get chest pains too and feel like I cant breath and think I am going to have a heart attack but I am so young and healthy because I have been to doctors too and have gotten a chest x-ray and 2 EKGs and blood and everything is fine. Sometimes I look at walls too and they look like they are moving toward me. This is all so weird out of this world. But I am happy to know that there are other people out there going through the same things
My chest pain was constant, it turned out to be just from anxiety. Mine was either the muscle in that area being tense or my stomach acid irritating that area. Try a different med, my chest pain was no longer constant after a night in the ER and a dose of lorazepam. Look up vitamin B3 for anxiety too, I take a B complex supplement and it seems to help my nervous system stay calm, apparently it works just like Valium in the brain. If you need to take a med during emergencies go ahead, but try to stay away from them otherwise. I am improving week after week, it has been a month so far. You will get out of this, just keep the nutrition up and try to just go about life with your symptoms, it helps a ton when you stop fearing it and begin to accept it. You will realize that the fear makes itself worse. Good luck
OMG! For 7 months now I have been in constant pain due to anxiety.  I have chest pain that moves all around my rib cage area, front, back & sides.  I also suffer from extreme stomach aches and cramps.  I have presented at hospital emergancy around 5 times convinced that I was dying.  I have had extensive tests run from everything like heart problems, stomach ulcers, reflux, urine infections, IBS and more.  It has cost  me thousands of dollars searching for the problem only to discover that it was anxiety.  This was a theory we initally crossed but being a disbeliever of this sort of thing I blew it off.  I have tried all kinds of anxiety med's but most of them have a counter reaction and cause more pain than relief.  I have been to a massage/meditation guru and this has helped a little.  I watch my diet and eat plenty of fish and vegies.  I wish I could say that I have found something that works but I haven't as yet.  This is effecting my whole life also.  It effects my relationship as I am always too sore to have sex.  It effects my work as I have to take time off when the pain reaches it highest point.  I am drinking too much alcohol to try and sedate myself enough to go to sleep at night. I am at breaking point after more that 7 months of constant pain and I am ready to try anything to make it STOP!  
i do the same everyday! think i'm gonna die at any moment! I HATE IT!!!!!! just got on vistaril if it works or helps will let u know.i was to afraid 2 sleep afraid i was gonna die in sleep!  i know how u feel.
I having an attack now...so scared klons dont work last one wad hour long 15 mins of I felt detached and was pos I was dying....i cant live like this.....no one believes me........and er told me they cant do anything.....i started binge drinking and abusing meds so I can do normal activities.....i have lost everything and my doc dismissed me so now I will have to buy illegal drugs....i wish u all.the best  of luck....And ty for this forum it kept that peak attack  from worry  of heart failure down...i think im cursed and just want peace....but 9 years was too much so im gonna be junkie. Its the only way I knew how....
sorry god

Sorry to you all. Thos has been my curse for nine years...to make it short. no dr helps me, family doesnt think im telling the truth..i.spend most time alone fucled on a large quinty of street drugs...god forgive me and let tjese forums educate someone so tjey dont end up like me a junkie who cuts himself so much he lost the use of two fingers...i hope god or someone helps you all...dont end up like me. Ty
Im so sorry for all of you....i have suffered for seven years. No help from doc and family thinls its fake. Well to be short, I cut my self and hope I die....i broke down after 3 years and now im a junkie. God forgive me. Maybe this forum will save someone like me...cursed
Sry didnt know it posted I took 100mgs of valium and snorted  6 2mgs of klon with ten vicodin...it went away but itll  happen again soon...and I dont want anyone doing that it can kill. My life is ruined and I dont care if I od..im a loser and deserve it.
I have constant chest pains accompanied with arm pain and left breast pain. I am afraid that I am having a heart attack at times. I am so afraid that I even put 911 on my quick dial key from my cellphone. I get stressed out a lot. I have been stressed even more lately especially considering that I just lost my grandmother to lung cancer. She passed away August 2, 2010. I was very close to her and I feel a lot of sadness because she is gone. I often wonder if that sadness has intensified my pain. I feel crazy because I think I am causing my own pain a lot of the times. I hope it is nothing serious. I am my own worse enemy because I cause my own illness. I can't help but to stress about the pain because it is painful. I cannot believe that a person can create a pain with their minds. I hope someday I can overcome this pain mentally and physically. I hope you all the best too. Thanks for sharing, Its good to know I am not alone.
i have just been doing the same exact thing for about a month now my doc says it is severe anxiey with panic attacks , it is just horrible, i have constent chest pain at least 7 to 10 time a day it is running my life, i feel like i am going to kill over any time! do you have a constant fear that somthing is wrong or you are going to die from some awful disease? i do not know how to deal with this so i was hoping mayb you had some suggestions or just knowing that im not the only one out there dealing with the same issues! thanks
you are not alone at all i also have left breast pain, i have convinced myself that i have breast cancer and god knows what else, it is the scariest thing i have ever had to deal with i live in constent fear of dying! how often do you feel the chest and breast pain i am having 7- 10 attacks a day ?
i am only 23 and I have suffered from left sided chest, arm,  and pain between my shoulder blade and my spine for two years thinking everyday is my last fearing i am going to have a heart attack but i've had blood work ups for my heart and for cancer i have also had EKG's, ECG's, and a stress test but all come back fine just really having a hard time beleiving that anxiety can cause this everyday for two years the only thing that seems to help are muscle relaxers and exercise my dr. has reffered me to a mental health specialist but i dont see him til next month but it kinda helps to know im not alone but ***** to hear that others also have to go through this
I have experianced the same chest pains & realise it is stress/anxiety. I have been put on Buspar which seems to help but the best drug to relieve the pain & stress is Champix. I know it's to stop smoking but it's the best drug for stress related problems I have tried.
30 year old female and I have been having chest pains in different spots since early august. They come and go, but only go away when I lay down or rest/sleep. All test came back normal, ekg's, chest xray and blood. The doc said its anxiety/stress/panic attacks, but wants me to do a echo-cardiograham of my heart to rule out cardiac cause. I have also got this burning feeling in my chest,that moves thru my back. doc thinks its acid reflux, i took one prilosec OTC 20mg and it seem to go away.. two days no chest pain, Though i had a few mild ones yesterday. also does anyone experience adreniline rush while drifting off to sleep? Like a hot flash sensation all over your body? then you awake scared with a racing heart? I do, been told thats anxiety/stress related too. Its a scary feeling, to awake that way, plus feeling numb and tingly mostly in my hands and arms. I want to go back to the way i use to be! I live in fear of dying, i hate it! I also find that my heart flutters/skips a beat and I get lightheaded immediately after, SCARY!!!
Hello, I get chest pains all the time with anxiety and panic attacks and have been to the ER many times over the years. I have also been told that I am sensitive to chemical, and certain food and drinks, and even certain smells, like smoke and cleaning products.

I use relaxation CDs, breathing exercises, sipping on ice cold water, reminding myself that it is only anxiety and that it will pass and that it has never harmed me and will not harm me now! I will take Klonopin which really helps, and Toprol which is a beta-blocker to keep my pulse and blood pressure under control. I also take Reglan for my heartburn problems which has been then only thing that has ever really helped that.  I also just started using the iPhone apps: Anxiety Connect, Depression Connect, Panic Talk Down, Panic Attack Aid., Panic Control and Panic Eliminator, Making and listening to my own panic attack talk down recordings on my Iphone and listening to them when I am having a panic attack. I also find that listening to music, playing games, or listening to a guided relaxation on my Iphone or Ipod a helpful distraction.

Getting up and moving around also helps, sometimes just calling someone and hearing another person's voice, if you have no one to call try calling a prayer line or help line (You can program these numbers into your cell phone),

It also helps to get on this support board and talk to others who understand what you are going through! I think it helps to read positive uplifting books, and to listen to music. Prayer is something else that can be helpful!  I also take a multi-vitamin along with extra vitamin B, fish oil, vitamin D, Magnesium, calcium, C, and E.  Exercise always makes me feel better!  Watching something funny on TV or a DVD, or watching a funny Youtube video is also helpful!

I have also read that Chamomile tea and bananas were helpful for anxiety and panic. I also try to stay away from triggers like stress, certain foods, drinks, coffee, chemicals, and smoke that I am sensitive to. I keep a journal of when I am stressed and what I eat and drink, so I can look back later for any connection with my panic attacks and anxiety, because I sometimes have a delayed reaction. Eating healthy and getting enough sleep also helps!

I noticed that when I am not taking vitamins I have a lot more anxiety, my guess is that I am low on some vitamins and minerals and this set off anxiety symptoms.

I am sensitive to orange juice, cranberry juice, certain berries, coffee, pizza, and others that I can't think of right now. These will set off symptoms in me sometimes right away, and sometimes hours later (delayed reaction). I also cannot take any cold medicines as they cause me to have anxiety and panic attacks. A lot of cleaning products like bleach and Lysol spray will cause me to have anxiety. Stress is another big factor in my panic attacks and anxiety.

I suggest keeping a journal of everything from, foods, drinks, chemical exposure, medicines, stressful situations, and even the weather, as any of these could be triggers. I use a large 3 ring binder filled with paper as a journal.

Belly Breathing Exercise
1. Place one hand just above your belt line, and the other on your chest, right over the breastbone. You can use your hands as a simple biofeedback device. Your hands will tell you what part of your body, and what muscles, you are using to breathe.

2. Open your mouth and gently sigh, as if someone had just told you something really annoying. As you do, let your shoulders and the muscles of your upper body relax, down, with the exhale. The point of the sigh is not to completely empty your lungs. It's just to relax the muscles of your upper body.

3. Close your mouth and pause for a few seconds.

4. Keep your mouth closed and inhale slowly through your nose by pushing your stomach out. The movement of your stomach precedes the inhalation by just the tiniest fraction of a second, because it's this motion which is pulling the air in. When you've inhaled as much air as you can comfortably (without throwing your upper body into it), just stop. You're finished with that inhale.

5. Pause. How long? You decide. I'm not going to give you a specific count, because everybody counts at a different rate, and everybody has different size lungs. Pause briefly for whatever time feels comfortable. However, be aware that when you breathe this way, you are taking larger breaths than you're used to. For this reason, it's necessary to breathe more slowly than you're used to. If you breathe at the same rate you use with your small, shallow breaths, you will probably feel a little lightheaded from over breathing, and it might make you yawn. Neither is harmful. They're just signals to slow down. Follow them!

6. Open your mouth. Exhale through your mouth by pulling your belly in.

7. Pause.

8. Continue with Steps 4-7

I been reading the original version of "The Feeling Good Handbook" by David Burns, it is the 1989/1990 version, and I am finding the advice in this book helpful! I heard that the newer version it not the same. Other books I find helpful are "The Anxiety & Phobia Workbook: A Step-by-Step Program for Curing Yourself of Extreme Anxiety, Panic Attacks, and Phobias", "Panic Attacks Workbook: A Guided Program for Beating the Panic Trick",  "Health Journeys Guided Meditations For Help With Panic Attacks", and
"Managing Stress: Principles and Strategies for Health and Well-Being (Web Enhanced with CD-ROM)" I also just recently got “The Linden Method” I have already found some helpful advice in the manual that goes with the program, and the “Panic Attack Eliminator CD” that comes with the program seems helpful. And I just ordered a used copy of the “Attacking Anxiety Program” from Ebay. I figure if I get any help or relief from any of these it will be worth it! Another small program I found helpful is “Stop Anxiety Now” by Eve A. Wood, M.D.

I hope that you feel better soon! Please keep us posted!
i get those same flutters in my chest some times thats why my doc put me on a 48hr holter monitor but it came back normal my doc says that i get lightheaded and such right after cause it scares me and my anxiety causes it to do that im sorry you have to go though this to i wouldn't wish anxiety on anyone its horrible i never imagined that anxiety couldcause any of this its crazy
Its too many of us with these problems, im starting to think it is something in the air, thats making us sick, I have never known anxiety to be this bad!
I feel like I have the same problem as you.  I have told my doctor about it and for me it feels like right by or under my breasts I'm holding onto something its the pain... it gets especially worse if I have had something bother.  The doctor says its emotional I've had them take x-rays of my heart and it shows nothing.  I'm so tired of this pain some times I feel like I'm going to drop down dead and have a heart attack.  I don't know what else to do either.  I'm on anti-depressants celexa and it kinda helps me keep my emotions in tact.  I've had this problem for years and am so tired of it I sometimes wish to die.
i am a 43 year old male and have been exper iencing constant chest pain for about a week now.  I am really concerned and i hate going to the dr.  However, we have had a lot of stress in the family lately, financially and with my wife having bone and breast cancer.  Wondering if it might be anxiety?  I just went outside to play with my 4 year old, and i had to come back in because just from walking around outside for about 20 minutes, it was hurting worse.  I came in and sat on the couch and it hurts to breathe.  I know they say when it is a possible heart problem , you have pain in your arm.  however, i just had shoulder surgery and my arm hurts from therapy.  I have had some very low back pain that goes into the left buttucks. .  Coinsidental?  Nothing to do with the chest pain?  I dont know!  I am about to go to ER!  Any comments?
I'm a 26 yo Female and I have been experienceing chest pains for about 5 months now. I have had digestive issues all my life. I'm lactose intollarant but still had horrible digestive issues and been to many dr's and most told me I had IBS. About 4 months ago I started trying a Gluten free diet and my digestive issues have cleared right up. Since I have been on the Gluten/lactose free diet, my anxiety has been absolutely horrible, and I've been getting stabbing chest pains. When I am out with friends,  it doesn't seam to matter where I am but I get anxiety and feel like I can't breathe and feel faint. When I was younger I was put on multiple medications ( trazodone, Celexa, Concerta, Wellbutrin,) for anxiety but I stopped taking it because I hated the way it made me feel and had some bad reactions to them. I haven't had any issues with Anxiety for about 15 years and all of a sudden it showed up out of no where. I have moved to a new state as of 3 years ago, and life is more hectic than It was in my home state. I've tried the meditation, breathing techniques with no success. Anyone have any suggestions?
I'm 15, and i have the worst anxiety... I've had gastritis before, but I think it's coming back, it really *****! I can be watching tv and I'll randomly get out of breathe, and then I think I'm gonna die! It's terrible, it's ruining my everyday life! I wanna live like a normal teenager.... I feel like j can't go anywhere anymore with my problems... I went to the hospital everyday in a week cause I seriously thought I was gonna die. I had EKG's done, chest x-ray's and everything was fine, but I could've swore there was something wrong, I made them take my blood and everything! But everything was fine.. I really hope I cam do something about this cause it really *****.... :(
Omg I really hate this anxiety... It's ruining my life...
The chest pains is so uncomfortable.. Constant and it makes me so restless..
Panic attaks constant because I keep thinking about it...
Ergh.. It is the most awful. Scariest ... Annoying.. Horrible.. Thing I have ever had to go through.. I wish.. I really wish it would go away...bill it ever go away??? :'-( x
I suffer from this too!!! Always think I am going to have a heart attack..I have been to the er before because I thought I was dying...I also have pain in between shoulder.blades...I have been on zoloft for three weeks does not seem to be helping
I dont exercise either cuz I am afraid Im going to have a heart attack and die..

You are not alone...prayers to you too
Your post sounded like the same I have been going through the past 4 months except the back pain.  How are you today?
I have had this for about 4 months and I think it derived from a very psychologically emotional experience.  I had a panic attack during it and all these symptoms showed up days after.  How are you feeling today?  Are you better?
I swear I'm going to have a heart attack at anytime also I don't really
Get chest pain I just short ness of breath it's so scary. I feel like when I get the shortness of breath  I'm going to have a heart attack an I'm going to loose oxygen..
I am dealing with the same thing!!  Does anyone else get super gassy with it?? I have this VERY embarrassing belching problem that comes on especially when I am feeling the chest pain...Which is almost every day...and feel quite dizzy most of the time especially while I am sleeping and just wake up. Today the dizziness is persisting. Totally wrecks my entire day!  I have yet to further pursue more testing because I am soooo sick of my dr telling me the tests are unnecessary because he thinks its all anxiety O.o  I feel so lost..I feel like I have cancer or something that will kill me!!! ( I doubt I do but it sure does freak me out)
I recently got told i have anxiety... and i always have a constant chest pain...feels like theres needles in my heart....i am wondering how to cope with it are even try and get it under control??? I drive truck for a living and theres days i dont want ro go to work cause i think i wont come back because of a heart attact are something...im only 24yrs old and think im dieing everyday causebof it....theres days i cant eat are sleep thats how worried i am...that i wont wake up one day??? Please if theres anyone that can help me through this....feels like im alonebin this battle....thx
im 31 andmy ache on my chest has come and gone ever since a bad lung infection just over a year ago. recently it won't go away and like u lot it drives me crazy, x rays and stuff show nothing, on some betas blockers but can't sleep with them and when i do nod of i wake up within 2 minutes with heart racing, extreme high pressure when i check. its ruining my life, i work out side doing ground work on an estate and staying to think I'm going to have to quit my job although i don't want to. feel like I'm about to drop down dead all the time, ive stopped weights and running as i I'm scared if it is my heart i might drop down dead.
I've no idea why this has come on, I'm debt free, live with parents, love my job but seems it is anxiety
1 thing I've noticed when i go to Cyprus or tenerife on holiday im fine, then get outside gatwick airport (england) and comes back on, someone made a comment earlier about they think its something in the air and i think there is too! i can only relax and sleep if i get drunk but i cant do that all the time, thats just sad! does make me wonder if i can put up with it for years like some of u have stated.
going into town tomorrow to buy some vietiman B supplements like some of u said,see if that helps, thanks again, it is reassuring it isnt just me and thinking im crazy, this site has been very helpful. thank u!
in the last few days I've quit tea and coffee (Caffeine) and the ache in my chest has decreased Alot, almost gone.
I'm also taking vitimin B3 as it helps the nervous system and also use this spray called "bach rescue remedy spray" http://www.*******.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B000YIG5ES which calms me down in less then 30 seconds for when i have the odd moment where my heart starts pounding.
really works for me! hope this might help some of u, caffeine seems to be the killer for me.
Hi Pnoskye - I'm 26 and have been experiencing this since the beginning of 2010.  My chest pains are related to anxiety and yours are too.  I actually went through the same feelings & thoughts as you.  I had a nocturnal panic attack - which is a panic attack that wakes you up from your sleep, your heart is racing, the left side of your chest hurts and your dizzy.  I thought I was having a heart attack and actually became afraid to fall asleep because I thought my heart would stop.  I can assure you it won't - you might be thinking the same thing, that work or falling asleep will be the end for you but it wont.  My chest pain has continued fairly consistently since, but I've learned to get more control over it and I've figured out what it is.

People here are looking for more answers - but the answer is anxiety.  Now that you've learned the diagnosis, it's best to understand the symptoms - recognizing that this can cause more anxiety.

Here's what I recommend.  Deep breathing and mentally letting go of everything.  The reason your chest pain persists is because you're constantly thinking about it.  You're consumed by it.  You have to let it go and obsess about something else.  BUT here's the important part.  When you do try to let go, it will feel at first like your chest pains are getting worse and that you're going to die - or that by letting go, your body will shut down and that will be the end. BUT push through those feelings and eventually (after 5 minutes or so) the pain will start to get better and your body will readjust to a state of relaxation.

Unfortunately with Chest pain, it can come on very quickly - in 10 seconds or less BUT it takes minutes or longer to go away.  In the future, the trick is to try and prevent the chest pain from fully coming on - I've found preventing it completely is very challenging, so it's more realistic to try and limit how bad the chest pain gets but catching it early, and taking some time to yourself to relax and clear out the chest pain.  If you're still concerned that this will harm you - do the exercises with someone near by, so that if something happens to you you will have help.  HOWEVER I know nothing will happen to you - that's the hardest part, is accepting that you will be fine once you relax and that it can take an hour sometimes to fully relax and correct your chest pain.

You're not alone - anxiety is a health problem that can be corrected (it just takes a long time to fix :) )
Stomach issues are a HUGE factor in chest pains. I always felt them too and thought i was dying. Turns out i have gluten intolerance gerd and gallbladder issues. I switched to a heathy natural diet and they disappeared. In america our foods are horrible. Also my posture is bad and i am big breasted. When i sit up straight n wear a good  bra the pain goes away too.
HI
i have been suffering for almost 22 years it's so hard
recently i have been getting numerous chest pain
I'm 19 i've been having anxiety for about 2-3 months now. I had 2 big anxiety attacks, and then i would have mini ones sometimes.

last month i started to get the pain in my chest and armpit area. but i believe maybe its because of stress because the day it started i only had a couple of hours of sleep, got into a big argument with my mom, and just a emotional wreck the whole day.

the pains were very scary and use to freak me out, especially at night because i thought something bad was going to happen to me, and then i would think very negative thoughts which made it worse. i went through the same process i went to the ER had x-rays, blood work, etc. went to the doctors so many times. and they said i was perfectly fine.

today the pain seems to greatly disappear, with only little but barely noticeable pain, so its making me feel a little better, but my anxiety is still acting up though. still don't feel like my normal self.

sometimes i feel like i forgot how it was like to feel normal..
hi just joined the community.. i would really like to know how your ecco cardio went because my symptoms are exactly the same, especially with the heart flutters and getting dizzy after.. i am constantly dizzy and get chest pain..went to the er several times and had all test's done and EKG and all checked out well but i was also told to see a cardiologist for further testing..
you are right on the money... thanx for your coment,,,
I must comment on your hot flash when you drift away to sleep only to wake up with a scary racing heart.  I have these and sometimes am afraid to go to sleep.   Do you have tightening in your left arm too?  Not that I wish this upon ANYONE but I am somewhat relieved to hear I am not the only person who has experienced this.   I too wish I could be how it was years ago with none of this sh@&. It truly does take over your life, thoughts and all sorts of other issues.  I wish you well and if you have any other helpful hints please feel free to email me.  I am so open to any suggestions!  Thank you for sharing.  email is adoyboob at yahoo
This made me feel so much better about my chest pains.  I have really bad anxiety, a curve in my spine that causes muscle tension, and acid reflux.  And I'm super stressed out right now.  One less thing for me to worry too much about.
I've experienced many of these symptoms . Almost a year ago it started as left side lower abdominal pressure . Had tests including CAT scan and nothing was found. Then I started getting left side pain in my arm ( underarm) and left breast. Then in my chest (heart). Also get left jAw pain and sometimes tingling.
i think it drives a lot of people to end their lives due to not being able to control their own body, i am a Mormon and i dont use pharmacy pills , never have , my parents are gone now , i have no one, no girl or kids, try to imagine how hopeless i feel, then you can complain about ''your problems''

damned chest pains, i hope i go in my sleep to Heaven it serves no purpose to keep suffering on earth
I think mine is from anxiety, but it is so strong sometimes and i feel like the doctors are missing something.  You hear about that all the time.  I am always in fear that I am going to have a heart attack and leave my 2 girls behind.  I am so scared all the time.
I am so glad that I found this site.  I will be 50 this year and I can't tell you how long I've suffered from anxiety disorder.  Four months ago, I had such a bad anxiety attack that I wound up in the ER.  After a bunch of cardiac tests, my heart is healthy -- thank you, God -- but that doesn't keep my mind from questioning the results.  My parents are elderly and I have much stress in my life.  Lately, I had to up my medication to 100mg of Zoloft, splitting it in two for am/pm.  That seems to help.  I also have anxiety from pulling the lateral chest muscles --- too many push-ups -- and of course, that makes me think it's my heart.  I am trying to just let go.  If it was really my heart, I'd be dead already!  I do not want my children to inherit my fears (the way I did) so I try to keep a close lid on my anxiety.  Good luck and well wishes to my fellow panicked people! :)  W
I know what you mean.  I had the nuke test, CT scan, all kinds of tests.  No blockages.  That was four months ago and now I'm scared that it could be blocked. I keep getting a stich in my side near my heart, and even though I believe it's anxiety, I'm afraid.
There is hope, and that hope is Jesus Christ :)
hello everyone. It's somewhat a relief to hear others who are going through the same thing, but I just want this to go away ! This year has been hectic. I've always had issues with anxiety, but not like this. I have been to the ER twice, seen a cardiologist, and now being counseled for help. I am torn between something being seriously wrong with me, and whether I'm going insane. I've had heart palpitations for a long time now, but somehow this is different. I feel sensations in my chest constantly. One is pressure right between the breasts. I have tingly sensations across top of chest that feels almost like a cold sensation. I have sensations like something is tightening. I even have had a tingling pain that shot straight into my breast. I get, what I feels like a heart palpitation, where something thumps and messes up. I do sometimes feel a heaviness in my stomach after eating, like someone is pushing on it, and I do burp a lot. I try to convince myself it's not my heart and it's something like my stomach or esophogus twitching near my heart. These are my constant feelings. I feel tired and weak in comparison to how I use to be. I have to sleep sitting up, and sometimes i feel like when I fall asleep that my body is giving up and I'm dying, so I jolt awake. but when I am sleeping and unaware it is the only peace I get. As soon as I wake up I'm surprised that I'm alive and the anxiety starts all over again. I was taking xanax as needed, which helps, but they gave my vistalin, but I'm too afraid to take it. I'm convinced that my life is over at any moment, and basically I'm in hell.
Hiya I'm 16 and I'm suffering with really bad chest pains when I breath in deeply or sometimes just when I move! I do have anxiety is this the cause of the pain? I'm scared I will have a heart attack or die. Please help! I know I sound silly.
Chest pain seems to be very common when you have anxiety. Of course it's always best to be checked by a Dr to find out if anything else might be going on.
It's hard to believe anxiety can cause all of these symptoms including chest pain but it can.
Once the anxiety gets under control almost all the time these symptoms can go away.
We anxiety sufferers can have stomach problem too and that can cause chest pain. Especially when you have GERD.
I agree!  I was so glad to have found this site as it alleviated my concerns a bit.  I wanted to share my anxiety story and I hope it helps someone else.

My whole anxiety/panic episode started when I had a sudden panic attack in a small room at a theme park.  I have never been claustrophobic, so it really took me by surprise.  When the attack hit, I felt like I couldn't breathe - like there wasn't enough oxygen in the air for all 5 of us to breathe in this tiny room.  Even though I was freaking out, I tried to keep myself calm, telling myself it was all in my head.  After that attack ended (2-3 min), I felt fine.

Fast forward two weeks and I am sitting down at my dining table, just relaxing when I get the same panic attack out of nowhere.  Same feelings - like there isn't enough oxygen in the air.  I run outside and take deep breaths.  At this point, I am very nervous.  What is wrong with me?! I asked myself.  I know it is all in my head but the physical reaction to it is quite scary.

The next 2 days after that second panic attack, my chest felt so tight, it felt difficult to breathe and my heart was racing.  The day after, the tightness in my chest began to fade, but the other symptoms remained.  At night, I couldn't fall asleep.  My heart was pounding and every time I tried to close my eyes, I felt a heart palpitation and became very scared.  This went on for 2 nights.

The third day I started to get the chest pains.  It was a constant, ache/pain and it really felt like I was going to have a heart attack.  I have been taking Valerian root in the morning and at night (which I feel has helped me) and also drank tea in the evening to help the anxiety.  The pain is still there a bit, but it helps knowing it is all in my head.  Mind over matter - I just need to force to my body to relax through meditation and deep breathing.
I have felt this same way with chest pains. Ever since I had my baby a month ago I have been experiencing horrible chest pains and feel like I am going to die from a heart attack. I went to the er already and they ran every test possible for my heart and nothing's wrong with it. my hands go numb, my chest hurts, I feel dizzy and almost feel like passing out. I hate feeling like this and everyday I freak out thinking there is something wrong with me.
Thanks for starting this thread.  I have tightness and pain under my sternum and slightly left that has been constant for days.  Never had an anxiety attack.  Have had times of extreme stress in my life without experiencing this sensation.  My  present life circumstances are less stressful than ever before.  Hence, I had a hard time buying into the anxiety explanation.

Blood work, chest x-ray and ECG were normal.  I'm slightly underweight (per US guideline), run 4 mi daily, and have low blood pressure.  I sometimes feel like my heart is racing, but nope, 60 bpm.  Cardiac events are episodic (come and go quickly) vs. this steady pressure, so eliminating a cardiac cause seemed logical.  I still worried about my lung condition, though.

Here's the test that convinced me.  My doctor gave me enough anti-anxiety drug Xanax to be sure it was having an effect.  It was a bit of an experiment getting the right dose, but for me, 0.5mg packs a whallop.  It feels like I've had 3 glasses of wine+ a little sleepiness on top of that.  The only thing the drug is capable of impacting is anxiety--not heart rhythm, vascular obstruction, blood pressure, organ pressure caused by a tumor, or anything else.  If the drug has any effect on the pain whatsoever, however slight, then the cause of the pain can only be anxiety.  For me it did.  That is not to say that I want to take the drug to relieve the condition, much less to take it on a daily basis, but it was useful in diagnosing the cause.  
Hang in there man i hope you meet some good friends and start enjoying what's good in life. A vacation wouldn't hurt either. The drugs and drinking to excess might aggrivate it..Too bad you don't have a loving caring sister to help you through this and straighten you out..best luck
Ya, it's brutal.  I have angina and am trying yo cure it naturally with cayenne and hawthorne etc.  it's very scary, even walking to car freaks me out.  With God's help I'll beat this but first the trauma of visiting a cardiologist is in my near future.  With a wife and two kids I have to man up.  I hope it's not too bad and that I can beat it with natural remedies.  Anxiety gift me to this point.  It is horrible and comes out of nowhere, stays for a while and then thee are good days.  My prayers are with all of you :-)
am having the same problem,and this is how am dealing with it and trying to improve day by day
most doctors wont tell u this but make sure u have all the vitamins in ur body.
anxiety can come when u r suffering frm any kind of deficency
make sure u eat lot of fruits and green vegitables
1-Omega 3 Fatty Acids
2-Potassium
3-Magnesium
4-Selenium
5-GABA
6-Zinc
make sure u r eating foods which contains these and if not take b complex vitamins
leave evey junk food that u r eating,make sure u dont drink caffine at all
take green tea
most imprortantly try to sleep early and wake early and start doing yoga and pranayam..also take the heat frm early morning sun rays..
make sure u r super health concious
try ur best to avoid meds,especially sleeping pills..try to take the pain,if its too extreme then take meds,they will help u temporaily but not permanently,so try to solve this problem permanently..
another improtant thing is that make sure u spend ur day happily,do whatever u can to stay happy and enjoy whole day and keep the tension for night,,
i see people suffering for many years..i feel so bad,,for myself also,,

happiness is a big key to solve this problem,be happy all the time
keep urself busy so that u dont think about ur problem,,
sometimes this problem comes when u r lonely and dont share ur feelings which u have inside to friends or family,,try ur best to share it or u can see a consuller and share with him/her..
try ur best not to be lonely,,it will not improve u,,be with friends or family,keep talking,keep busy..
try to be with the nature and avoid internet and Tv and mobiles for long,especially make sure u dont watch tv after 7 pm..
dont watch stress related stuff,like horror movies,depressed shows,etc..
Before sleeping go out ,take a walk ,,feel free,breath easy and just walk for half an hr..
before sleeping take a lil warm half glass milk and mix it with 1 spoon of honey.

remember we are born to enjoy life and not to get depressed,,
everyone will die one day,so relax and try ur best not to think about death at all..
am improving day by day so will u..
so go out and enjoy life and be with the nature,,,the more with the nature the more u will improve..
if u can then start doing prayer and start believing in God..something is there and watching us all and love us all.
remember to respect ur body and take care of it so that it will give u pleasures ur whole life..

all the best
tc

i will keep posting about my condition as well..

Nighthawk61 commented on I cant stop not sleep...
34 mins ago
Nighthawk61 commented on DON'T GIVE UP
43 mins ago
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
1 hr ago