*Constant* Chest Pain from Anxiety?
Does anyone have this for a symptom??  It's horrible, feels like I'm going to drop dead from a heart attack at any second during the day.  Have had multiple tests with Dr., said I have anxiety - put me on Celexa (3 mo's now) but it has done nothing.  Tried breathing exercises, meditation, etc - none of that stuff helps.  And can't really exercise because I'm scared I'll drop dead!  Please help, this is ruining my life, hurting my marriage and my job.  The chest pain is very real and painful to me, but the Doc is telling me it's a chemical imbalance and basically all in my head...   ???
Chest pain seems to be very common when you have anxiety. Of course it's always best to be checked by a Dr to find out if anything else might be going on.
It's hard to believe anxiety can cause all of these symptoms including chest pain but it can.
Once the anxiety gets under control almost all the time these symptoms can go away.
We anxiety sufferers can have stomach problem too and that can cause chest pain. Especially when you have GERD.
I agree!  I was so glad to have found this site as it alleviated my concerns a bit.  I wanted to share my anxiety story and I hope it helps someone else.

My whole anxiety/panic episode started when I had a sudden panic attack in a small room at a theme park.  I have never been claustrophobic, so it really took me by surprise.  When the attack hit, I felt like I couldn't breathe - like there wasn't enough oxygen in the air for all 5 of us to breathe in this tiny room.  Even though I was freaking out, I tried to keep myself calm, telling myself it was all in my head.  After that attack ended (2-3 min), I felt fine.

Fast forward two weeks and I am sitting down at my dining table, just relaxing when I get the same panic attack out of nowhere.  Same feelings - like there isn't enough oxygen in the air.  I run outside and take deep breaths.  At this point, I am very nervous.  What is wrong with me?! I asked myself.  I know it is all in my head but the physical reaction to it is quite scary.

The next 2 days after that second panic attack, my chest felt so tight, it felt difficult to breathe and my heart was racing.  The day after, the tightness in my chest began to fade, but the other symptoms remained.  At night, I couldn't fall asleep.  My heart was pounding and every time I tried to close my eyes, I felt a heart palpitation and became very scared.  This went on for 2 nights.

The third day I started to get the chest pains.  It was a constant, ache/pain and it really felt like I was going to have a heart attack.  I have been taking Valerian root in the morning and at night (which I feel has helped me) and also drank tea in the evening to help the anxiety.  The pain is still there a bit, but it helps knowing it is all in my head.  Mind over matter - I just need to force to my body to relax through meditation and deep breathing.
I have felt this same way with chest pains. Ever since I had my baby a month ago I have been experiencing horrible chest pains and feel like I am going to die from a heart attack. I went to the er already and they ran every test possible for my heart and nothing's wrong with it. my hands go numb, my chest hurts, I feel dizzy and almost feel like passing out. I hate feeling like this and everyday I freak out thinking there is something wrong with me.
Thanks for starting this thread.  I have tightness and pain under my sternum and slightly left that has been constant for days.  Never had an anxiety attack.  Have had times of extreme stress in my life without experiencing this sensation.  My  present life circumstances are less stressful than ever before.  Hence, I had a hard time buying into the anxiety explanation.

Blood work, chest x-ray and ECG were normal.  I'm slightly underweight (per US guideline), run 4 mi daily, and have low blood pressure.  I sometimes feel like my heart is racing, but nope, 60 bpm.  Cardiac events are episodic (come and go quickly) vs. this steady pressure, so eliminating a cardiac cause seemed logical.  I still worried about my lung condition, though.

Here's the test that convinced me.  My doctor gave me enough anti-anxiety drug Xanax to be sure it was having an effect.  It was a bit of an experiment getting the right dose, but for me, 0.5mg packs a whallop.  It feels like I've had 3 glasses of wine+ a little sleepiness on top of that.  The only thing the drug is capable of impacting is anxiety--not heart rhythm, vascular obstruction, blood pressure, organ pressure caused by a tumor, or anything else.  If the drug has any effect on the pain whatsoever, however slight, then the cause of the pain can only be anxiety.  For me it did.  That is not to say that I want to take the drug to relieve the condition, much less to take it on a daily basis, but it was useful in diagnosing the cause.  
Hang in there man i hope you meet some good friends and start enjoying what's good in life. A vacation wouldn't hurt either. The drugs and drinking to excess might aggrivate it..Too bad you don't have a loving caring sister to help you through this and straighten you out..best luck
Ya, it's brutal.  I have angina and am trying yo cure it naturally with cayenne and hawthorne etc.  it's very scary, even walking to car freaks me out.  With God's help I'll beat this but first the trauma of visiting a cardiologist is in my near future.  With a wife and two kids I have to man up.  I hope it's not too bad and that I can beat it with natural remedies.  Anxiety gift me to this point.  It is horrible and comes out of nowhere, stays for a while and then thee are good days.  My prayers are with all of you :-)
am having the same problem,and this is how am dealing with it and trying to improve day by day
most doctors wont tell u this but make sure u have all the vitamins in ur body.
anxiety can come when u r suffering frm any kind of deficency
make sure u eat lot of fruits and green vegitables
1-Omega 3 Fatty Acids
2-Potassium
3-Magnesium
4-Selenium
5-GABA
6-Zinc
make sure u r eating foods which contains these and if not take b complex vitamins
leave evey junk food that u r eating,make sure u dont drink caffine at all
take green tea
most imprortantly try to sleep early and wake early and start doing yoga and pranayam..also take the heat frm early morning sun rays..
make sure u r super health concious
try ur best to avoid meds,especially sleeping pills..try to take the pain,if its too extreme then take meds,they will help u temporaily but not permanently,so try to solve this problem permanently..
another improtant thing is that make sure u spend ur day happily,do whatever u can to stay happy and enjoy whole day and keep the tension for night,,
i see people suffering for many years..i feel so bad,,for myself also,,

happiness is a big key to solve this problem,be happy all the time
keep urself busy so that u dont think about ur problem,,
sometimes this problem comes when u r lonely and dont share ur feelings which u have inside to friends or family,,try ur best to share it or u can see a consuller and share with him/her..
try ur best not to be lonely,,it will not improve u,,be with friends or family,keep talking,keep busy..
try to be with the nature and avoid internet and Tv and mobiles for long,especially make sure u dont watch tv after 7 pm..
dont watch stress related stuff,like horror movies,depressed shows,etc..
Before sleeping go out ,take a walk ,,feel free,breath easy and just walk for half an hr..
before sleeping take a lil warm half glass milk and mix it with 1 spoon of honey.

remember we are born to enjoy life and not to get depressed,,
everyone will die one day,so relax and try ur best not to think about death at all..
am improving day by day so will u..
so go out and enjoy life and be with the nature,,,the more with the nature the more u will improve..
if u can then start doing prayer and start believing in God..something is there and watching us all and love us all.
remember to respect ur body and take care of it so that it will give u pleasures ur whole life..

all the best
tc

i will keep posting about my condition as well..

Hi I have been having these chest pains for over 3 years now. I was diagnosed with OCD, Depression, anxiety and panic disorder, and I keep getting this chest pain usually on the left side above my breast and sometimes under and in the middle of my chest, it's hard to tell sometimes because I get so scared but it happens out of nowhere... Like I'll be sitting down and be fine and then suddenly BAM I can't breathe in or out without pain, it scares me so much it's all I think about and I know that makes it worse.. I keep thinking there is something wrong with my lungs or heart or something ... But have been told it's just due to my anxiety.. :( I'm just so scared I can deal with all the other symptoms but not this one it's the worse :( I'm not taking any mess because I'm too scared to take them! I don't even take painkillers because I'm too scared of side effects...  The chest pain can last a couple of mins or a whole day! I can't live like this it's driving me crazy I'm only 20..
Hi I have been having chest pains, palpitations,strange feeling like i am about to die, tingling of my legs and all over my body and my pressure rises which makes me worry. But i am now trying breathing , its working and this site helps and Knowing God is control helps so be encouraged, pray and we can all be conquerors in Jesus name.
Hello! Let me start of by saying I am a physician and I do understand what you are all going through. I just finished reading most of the post in this thread and all I can say all of you are strong people. Think about it, all of you are enduring this horrible attacks or constant states of impending doom and pain. I not only understand what you guys are going through because of my profession and see this daily(literally) but also because I myself suffer from this condition. I am in my mid 30s and have suffered from anxiety since I was 18. Most of my symptoms were episodic and typically affected my GI system(nausea/vomiting/decrease appetite) and some abdominal discomfort. I thought it was bad then but it just got worse.

As of last two weeks ago I've had constant chest pain, some days worse than other. I became concerned and went to see my doctor, had an EKG which was not exactly normal so I was referred to see a cardiologist. Since I am a physician I can literally call a friend and get seen right away. So I saw a friend cardiologist and got stress test and it was normal. My heart was cleared. Symptoms persisted and have gotten stronger. While at work I started clinching my chest and fel pain up my neck (really painful) so my co-workers got concerned. I refused to go to the ER because I was already thinking it was anxiety. I ended up going to an ER where friends of mine work, got a work up including CT scan of the chest that was normal. Now my doctor wants me to see a GI doctor and to be honest I will not. Why? because I know it is all anxiety and everything is going to come back normal. I truly believe that the best for all of this is therapy. Unfortunately there is no magic/silver bullet that will cure this. Many people have given very thoughtful advice on previous posts regarding diet,relaxation techniques, spirituality(key component), exercise and so forth. All will help, they are not all as effective on everyone but the important thing is to try.

Why am I convinced this is all anxiety? I have tried to apply my medial knowledge and think what would I do if I had myself as a patient. Symptoms are very non specific such as pain sometimes is in the middle of the chest, sometimes on the left, sometimes on the mid axillary line, sometimes on my neck. Also, the quality of the pain changes, sometimes is sharp, sometimes pressure and sometimes burning. Intensity changes all the time as well from just a little discomfort to "holy crap" this really hurts. I could go on and on. My point is that based on my experience as a physician and medical knowledge I cannot think f any medical condition that can cause all of that other than a mood disorder in this case is anxiety. This is affecting life and career but I know that I am not alone....there are millions of people going through the same or worse anguish. I am not here to provide medical advice. If you have any concerns go see your Doctor or go to the ER/call 911. I am only speaking about my experience.

I have tried many things to alleviate the symptoms throughout my life . I have concluded that Therapy is what has worked the best. It took me a long time to find a therapist with whom I had a connection as some were really a waste of time. On the other hand, once you find one that you connect with you can make incredible progress. I moved and now I have not found a new therapist that I feel comfortable with. This whole chest pain is a very new thing to me and hard to believe it as I really don't feel anxious but the symptoms are there and are very real. I'll have to find a way to manage them before it ruins my life. I said once and I'll say it again......YOU ARE ALL VERY STRONG!!!!!!!!! If you can overcome this or endure it you can do so many amazing things in life. Just think about it!!! you are where you are right now despite having to deal with anxiety. Don't think about where would you be without anxiety. On the other hand, think..I am STRONGER than others because I have accomplished "X" even with anxiety.

I apologize for such a long post but even Drs are not immune to anxiety.
I've been dealing with anxiety for three years now and it has been a difficult journey.  It started with compulsive thoughts.  I would go to bed thinking about the exact same fears I had waking up.  It drove me crazy, but I played it cool around everyone I knew.  I noticed physical symptoms of anxiety whether it be performance anxiety or not being able to eat all day because of the feeling in the pit of my stomach.  I started drinking more and more alcohol and became depressed from the constant thoughts of never knowing what was going to happen next.  Only in the past year I started experience the symptoms that we have all described.  There are good days and there are very bad days.  I wake up every morning not knowing if I am going to see another day. I wake up with excruciating chest pain, burning sensation throughout my left arm, shortness of breath, and the worst is being aware of my own breath.  I feel as if I am in control of my own breath sometimes and am afraid to fall asleep because I don't know if my body will continue it without me being conscious.  I too have visited the emergency room twice and had EKG's done with the results all coming back negative.  It's ironic how upsetting it is to find out you have nothing wrong with you.  There are many people who would love to hear that from a Doctor, but not people who suffer from anxiety.
I woke up today and the pain has been worse than I've experienced in the past few months. I read these to calm me down, because it helps knowing there are people out there just like me.  Today, my readings led me in another direction, and I hope it can be insightful to you as much as it is to me.  The main problem with anxiety is the vicious cycle it creates.  The only way to beat it is mentally.  However, the person who is having the problem is not mentally stable. Without being mentally stable, it is difficult to overcome the obstacle.  So, it leads to the negativity of all of us focusing on the amount of years we have spent living with these symptoms and assuming everyday could be our last day.  The irony lies within the fact that any day could be our last day.  There have been comments from people dealing with this problem for 22 years! That is awful and I feel empathy for these people, but on the bright side, it is 22 years that these symptoms we all suffer from have not actually done what we all fear; killed.  I'm tired of having to leave social settings and spend days in my bed because mentally I feel it is the best way to cure the symptoms.  Of course  these made up ideas will cure the symptoms because the symptoms themselves are also created by us.  Next time I have chest pain, I'm going to run with it.  I am going to stay where I am and keep doing what I am doing.  Will it be scary? Absolutely. But when(keyword because it will happen) I overcome the battle it will make me stronger on the other side.  And if worse does come to worse, maybe I will have a heart attack or die, but I'd rather enjoy my time now than live the next 50 years with these symptoms and hate the life I lived.  
I truly hope this can be helpful to at least one person.  I sincerely feel for everyone that goes through the same issues I go through every day.  Hopefully, this new outlook on life not only works, but lasts.  I, like everyone else in this group, miss the days in which I used to feel like myself.  The days in which you could look in the mirror and it didn't feel like the person looking back at you was someone you didn't know. I can't deal with it anymore, and I've never been someone to accept defeat.  The most difficult part of any illness is staying positive and even if it is false confidence we all possess at this difficult time in our lives, I hope we can all experience the feelings of confidence in ourselves and well-being once again.  
I just want to say, my heart goes out to all of you. I'm about to take the bar exam, and so recently the stress, studying, and late nights have gotten to me. In one of the early morning classes, I felt like I was having a heart attack and after getting checked out, I was diagnosed with anxiety.

I started to drink more because when I drank, I didn't feel the constant, looming phantom chest pain. I told myself, "I'm a smart guy, I can drink in moderation to treat my anxiety."

I soon found myself wanting a drink at 9am. I've never felt dependent on alcohol, so this horrified me.

So I switched to controlled breathing, exercise, and focus. They've really really helped me. Especially the breathing method used in one of the aforementioned posts. (ctrl+f "belt line" to find the post)

The thing that worked volumes for me is immediate exercise. Before my heart starts racing, but when panic is setting in, I find a private place and do jumping jacks. You may look a little ridiculous, but, it's a light exercise you can do just about anywhere in any kind of clothes at a pace that's comfortable to you.

It's worked volumes for me. I know that I'm going to be in the bathroom during the exam, breathing deep and doing jumping jacks.

I have a feeling once the exam passes, so too will my chest pain. Which is a luxury not afforded to most of the people in this forum. I am so terribly sorry for those that have lived years and years with this, and I hope that you all eventually find  your peace.

I'm in the same boat as all of you. My chest pain started in May 2014.  Left sided, weird labored breathing, constant fear I'm going to have a heart attack at any moment. ER several times, Drs numerous times, switched Drs avor 6 times because I constantly fear the Dr. missed a serious heart condition I have.  It's now impacted my life, work and happiness constantly feeling like the Drs have missed a serious heart condition I may have.  All my tests are normal: X rays, blood work, 2 CT scans, holter monitor, stress test and echocardigram, yet the pains are so severe sometimes and always right by my heart I've convinced myself this MUST be a heart issue, they are ALL WRONG! I never thought I was anxious.. now the only thing I'm anxious about is my chest pain and heart which may explode at any moment.  I feel for all of you, I'm right there with you.  I start therapy next week.  I refuse to let this chest pain impact my work and social life any longer. I want to be my old me before these pains.  I use trazodone to help me sleep because for most of June and July I could not even sleep constantly waking up fearing I would have a heart attack and doubting my Drs.  I pray therapy helps, it's my only hope at this point and time... waiting it out.  I'm sorry we are all suffering
I read your post from 2009 and can't help but relate. I was wondering if you could let me know how you are doing...I need some hope.
ive had that every since i could remember but just recently has started to get worse as ive been getting more anxiety or depressed. whatever u wanna call it i had alot of people one of my best friends even go to the doctors for different things and she had to see so many that would all tell her the same things but no one ever fixed the problem until she saw a specialist so maybe you can try that
I have the same sinking feeling that I might be having a heart attack I've only recently developed this major anxiety feeling and I dont know why. After reading all of your experiences it has actually calmed me down... for now. I was thinking about going to the ER today to get checked out but most of what you guys are experiencing is what i am. I have started to exercise daily and that does help for a while and have changed my diet eating way more healthy. Also taking fish oil and B-complex. Its been a couple of weeks since this began and Im hoping changing my life style to a more healthy one helps.
I have started feeling like everything is going to kill me a couple of months ago...
I had a car accident January 2014, which involved me nearly losing my leg, I had 6 completely snapped bones one of which came out of my leg, I was 22 years old.

All through hospital, I was so stressed and anguised, I kept thinking of new paranoid ways that I was doing and would go into panic attacks.

(I already was an anxious/depressed individual before the accident, but I was getting better)

Anyways, I used to smoke weed back in the day when I was OK, every now and then I would have some and I would just laugh and be happy and care-free.

Well I had some about 6-7 months after my accident, and I went straight into a panic attack, the raised heart-rate from the weed, made me think I was having chest pains and a heart attack, and my paranoia was sky high from the substance and I went into a fit of panic and rage and ended up having the paramedics come round. (I ate a weed cookie so the effect lasted longer as digesting takes a while)

So I stopped drinking, and any form of psychaedelics I stay clear of anything like that now (aside from my meds which I am currently trying to get off)

Well I thought I was ok for a couple of months... until one day.. I had been sleeping way too much, 15 hours a day, and I woke up, feeling very, very disriented like I was still in a dream, so I tried to keep my mind off that for an hour or so.. then I took a shower... couldn't feel hot or cold water properly, like my sensations were numb.. then I  had a full blown panic attack, convinced myself I was dying, ambulance came round again... nothing wrong with me..

Now... now I  get that urge of panic again and again during the day but I can calm myself down mostly and fight it off, by going for a drive or doign something I enjoy to take my mind off it..
But sleeping, that is a whole new ball game. Every-time I am about to drift off, instead of going to sleep - I have an adreniline rush/panic attack because I have convinced myself I will die in my sleep somehow - I lay down in bed and I can feel my pulse through every part of my body, chest is the worst part, and when I fall asleep my heart starts racing and now I have a burning sensation there, and I do not get any sleep until I am literally exhausted and have nothing left - I don't fall asleep until lunch time now and I wake up very late in the evening.

I hope I can beat this, I just want to get back to how I was.... all of this because some moron decided to get into his car drunk and crash into me while I was on holidays overseas..
The thing that will help you the most is Reiki.  It's an energy healer.  At first I was skeptical and thought yea, right, but then I decided to try a class and holy moly it works.  Find a Reiki practitioner and get a session.  You will be amazed at how well it works.  I would suggest you take a Reiki class and they will attune you so you can lay hands on yourself.  It will completely relax you and your chest pains will subside.  It works for me.  

Im a 13 year old girl.. and I feel the same way.. I also have GERD but everytime I take its med, my chest hurt..so I stopped taking it..but my chest pain is still reacting..
I'm 48, had this probem since my mid 20's although it was only diagnosed in 2005. I've been okay since 2005, but it's returned just recently after I came off 50mg sertraline for 6 months. I've been back on the meds for two weeks but I'm still struggling with chest, stomach pains and general anxiety (GAD). I feel for all you people as it's a nightmare. I'm exercising and trying to relax but it isn't easy - Monday's are the worst.  
Try getting your Spleen checked . Taken me 14 yrs to crack the Devinci Code
Alcohol could of damaged it or injury . Bet you've never even heard or had a Dr even mention it . Spleen is exactly under the left rib cage and can cause anxiety .
Get your Spleen Checked also . Bottom left of Rib cage , can cause anxiety if damaged .
I truly appreciate your encouraging post. I am navigating myself through what you and all others have described as anxiety. I have the Exact symptoms. I was in denial about having anxiety as though it caused me ti appear as LESS COMPETEN. I now see that the irritation in my left chest that causes me to feel like I will pass out sometimes, is part and parcel of a Mood Disorder. I have increased my intake of Vitamin D3 and expect to see some change , along with taking 100 mg of CoQ10,

Good nutrition, rest, and being in touch with what's going on with me and reminding myself that I am going to be OK, has begun to lessen the length of the "heart aching pain. Thank you EVERYONE for your posts and helping cross "deNile River"  Soon, I expect to have less symptoms with regular exercise, talking only when I need to talk, my bi-weekly therapist session,s and my five daily prayers, should improve the quality of my health.  I will share honestly for the benefit of my own soul and others who may gain something from my sharing.

Peace. Live Well.  
I am 31 years of Age and was diagnosed with Anxiety disorder two years back. I am educated in such things before this even happened to me, So i was at an advantage. . But this mean Fake All and any one feeling the same will agree. I thankfully was able to come back from the brink.

My father recently lost my grand father a year ago and has been back to hospital 3 times of fear of Heart Attack. I assisted on his last visit ( no body told me about the first two ) and thankfully he has had none since.  The Reason why is because it is all in the head.

The Issue for me and most is that "All in your head" means nothing. Its Psychological and absolutely real.

I know live with pains in my chest every day.  Arm Pains, Chest Pains, Lung Pains, but i know above all it is anxiety that is now at my core, and i deal with it as i do anything else. It is there, Deal with it and don't over think it.

It does affect your Life> I am no longer willing to have a second child because the simplistic things of my first became too much. The Early morning shout out of my two year old, was like a clash of Drums that scared the crap out of me

But never will it get me down. and with a mindset it shouldn't get anyone else down. I was tested and have a clean bill of health. In fact I am very healthy and even my heart. - Its all in your head. So fight it by telling yourself that your pissed off and wont accept it anymore. I Feel Pain, but its not my pain. It is a result of something i was exposed to. I feel it and loose faith every day thinking it is more, but as i ignore - it becomes less frequent.

Alan.  
I have had anxiety all of my life.  Recently I have been having chest pain/shoulder pain.  It's been going on for 3 weeks now.  If it was my heart, I think I would be dead right by now.  So here is how I'm coping:  I accept the pain, and tell myself that this is how life is going to be for now on.  The pain will be a part of my everyday life.  Basically, I'm ignoring it.  I do not care.  If I die, I die.  We all have to die.  We all have a fear of death.  Once we come to terms with our fear of death, a lot of these pains that we are feeling will slowly dissepate.
Some very encouraging words, thank you.  I have virtually all of the symptoms you have, and I too feel like I'm just not the person I used to be.  But it's a battle that we will win if we stay positive.  
Hi I am 15 year old I want to know has it gotten better because I have the same thing as you. What should I do. Any tips to help me.
Hi I am now 15years old in the same situation you were in at the same age. I would like if you have me tips or something.does it get better. Oh it your back also ache and many chest pains. Heating pounding hard but at a normal speed all day and night also happen
Hi I am 15 years old with chest pain. My heart has been pounding hard but at a normal speed. My upper back aches.what should I do. Any tips
Greetings, I have been experiencing anxiety symptoms (I'm told) for 2 months now. 2 months ago I was feeling dizzy with some headaches. At the same time I had 4 people I knew die along with myself turning 40 and being a new father, stay at home father. With those symptoms I mistakenly googled and the worst case scenario was there. I had a panic attack and went to the Instagram, they did an EKG, chest x Ray. Everything was fine. The doctor said if Ithe headaches are still there in the morning to go to the ER. I went back to the instacare where he sent me to the ER. ER did a cat scan of my head and neck, everything was fine. But they recommended me get an MRI because of the possibility of concussion. Did that and met with the neurologist, brain is clean. But I was still feeling symptomatic with chest pain, arm pain and some jaw discomfort. So, I went to a family doctor, did all the blood work, and everything was fine. That doctor said anxiety and prescribed me clonozapan ( I think that's how it's spelled). It helps with the brain however I still feel symptomatic. They did a stress test on the treadmill. Everything fine. Still did not feel right so I wanted to meet with a cardiologist specialist. Took the stress echo, everything fine.they say I am very healthy and fall into the least risk category for heart risk. Knowing that my heart is healthy helps but the symptoms just will not go away. The burping *****. I went to the family doctor, they prescribed prolosac and something else for night time, but this does nothing. I burp but nothing comes up and it's not acidic. It's been 2 months of feeling like this and I want it to be over. Stress and anxiety is a real thing and I can relate. When I think about something happening to me and my son being with out his father who is completely in love with him it makes it worse. I am trying to trust the doctors. I have had a stress free life for 40 years and I was shook by all of this so I am frightened. The constant chest heaviness is awful. If anyone wants to talk I am happy to do so.
Hi there i completely on your shoe. i am 28 years old a father of a 4 year old sweet and full of happiness little girl. I had all the test 2 months ago xray,2decho,stress test, bloodwork,ecg all came but normal, still feel these pains (chest,left arm,back,headache and dizziness.) I experienced having anxiety attack (panic attack) just last 2 days ago, we were at the mall my wife got upset because instead of having fun i am taking it away from her and my daughter. I still feel that something is wrong. Now whenever I feel something on my back and chest can't help but google it and check. My wife said its all in my mind. I can't help but understand her instead of raging because she is not the one experiencing this. And I am praying she wont because this is really hard and we have a 4 year old daughter. I am so down right now. I always feel the fear of, a loving daughter losing his father in such a young age. I am a 28 year old male i honestly can't help but to cry by myself and ask help from God. Though i know that i am not alone in this kind of situation but i can tell most of us can't help but think that something is not just right. I honestly need help.
I feel sorry for you bro,i lived with anxiety for 3 years now,i work under a lot of pressure everyday,so the stress make it worse,but when you look at me physically im fit and healthy,giving up like you do will never be an option for me,my daughter is 3 years old and she needs me,im 30 years old,i stopped drinking and smoking completely and give my life to God,i never had a serious panic attack for the past 1.5 years,i know im healthy,maybe some acid problems but in time all will pass and will leave a full live,i eventualy killed my fear of flying,now im ready for my next flight cause i enjoy it,Anxiety is a devil and will have no power over my life,wake up Brother
My Doctors advice,eat well,exersice,have friends and good friends and you will be fine,this worked for me and it can work for you cos ur not sick
Amen
My name is Will, I'm a 31 year old male and I stumbled upon this forum as I was looking for answers about the life ruining chest pains I have been experiencing. I had 2 back to back major panic attacks when I was around 26 brought on by smoking pot. I had smoked pot pretty much all day everyday since I was 16 so it was business as usual for me. At the time I had no idea what a panic attack even was besides hearing other people mention it from time to time. My first attack I just road out by myself in my apartment and it was horrible. The second attack that happened a few days later (also brought on by pot becuz I'm a ******* lol) I ended up calling an ambulance and everything. Once at the hospital they did every test under the sun and found that everything looked normal. So that was about 5 yrs ago and I've had all sorts of strange chest related pains that have been so bad to the point that I think I'm having a heart attack or they are just so painful it's hard to function day to day. I've lived with the chest pain coming and going for 5 years now and never gave much credence to it being anxiety but I know now that is most definitely anxiety related. After the second attack I stopped smoking pot all together and I'll never touch it again as long as I live.

All the post's here literally started to help me as I read them and started to figure out that I was not crazy and other people have experienced the same things. After reading about 20 of the posts hear it was like a weight had been lifted off of me and I broke down and cried like a baby lol. But yeah I believe that what people posting here are experiencing are major anxiety and panic attacks that in turn cause the chest pain. I have begun to feel better in the past few days and have been trying to lower my stress levels and letting things go. If I feel chest pain or an episode coming on I just take a deep breath and literally shake it off and tell myself that I'm fine and I'm going to be ok. So yeah try some of the other poster's suggestions about how to deal with this horrible condition and I believe you will start to see improvements and the chest pain get less frequent and less intense.

I relate and sympathize with all of you and I know we can get better. I wish you all good luck and improved health :)
Has anyone here taken levaquin or cipro antibiotics around the times your symptoms started?
So do you think you had your panic attack due to anxiety and googling your symptoms or due to anxiety and dealing with the deaths happening around you. Because with myself and my chest pain's I never had anything until I had my first panic attack and then the chest pain and anxiety followed. From what my doctor says he think's that my initial panic attack's were so severe that I now have mild PTSD from the whole ordeal. But like you I basically had all the major test's done and everything seemed normal which can kind of make you feel like you're crazy, at least it did me. These are just some things that help me so I figured I would just put em out here even if they don't pertain to or help your exact situation. If I feel myself getting anxious or the chest or arm pain coming on I just tell myself that I'm perfectly healthy, take a deep breath, and shake my arm's out and sort of decompress my abdomen as I release the deep breath. I also mentally let go and try not to think about the pain at all and try to focus on something else. These things are really working for me but everyone is different and I hope you find somethings that help you. But as far as the anxiety and chest pain's I really believe you just need to let everything go physically and mentally, hell have a good cry let everything out and tell yourself you're ok and try not to dwell on negative thoughts or every ache and pain. I know for myself the pain was VERY real and I never thought anxiety would be the cause of my intense crushing chest pain, heart palpitations, and overall feeling like crap but once I told myself that's what it was I started to feel a difference right away. I still have a little pinch here or there but I just let em do there thing and try not to even acknowledge them. I just keep doing what I'm doing because in my experience focusing or thinking about the pain is the worst thing to do and will only make it worse. Good luck and I hope you and everyone feel better soon.  
have any of you considered a hormonal imbalance? i've been having chest pain for a week straight, i had my parargard IUD removed 2 days ago because i felt it was throwing my body out of balance. most doctors will tell you it doesn't cause any of these symptoms but in my research i've heard countless stories of women suffering from anxiety, chest pains, fatigue, and many other symptoms, which they start to heal from once it's removed. if you're a man you could still have issues with your thyroid, and adrenal glands. worth looking into.
Hello guys. First im going to introdice myself.
I'm 15 and female. My names melody and I live in England.  
In around may 2015 I started to get nauseous and dizzy. The episodes were getting more and more frequent. I didn't Pay them much attention apart from the fact that I probably was drinking too much energy drinks / caffeine  or something along the lines.  I thought it would soon pass. During these episodes my mom was rushed into hospital with kidney and liver failure and pneumonia due to alcohol abuse. When she was in hospital I visited her absolutely distraught and remember her face just looking at her face terrified of the worst to happen. I remember being that scared and shocked that I couldn't breathe. A week or two later my mom suddenly died of a heart attack. And she was just gone. Soon after this incident I started to feel chest pain as of my chest in between my breasts was growing out of me. I was getting that worried I could hardly take a clear normal breath and It felt as if you know just above your collar bone there is the skin bit like your wind pipe it is at the bottom of your throat when u push it in it obstructs your airway.  (Sorry don't know the name really hard to describe might sound dumb lol) but when I breathe I noticed in the mirror that that goes in when I inhale. So when I couldn't breathe one day I pulled it outwards and I had the best breath ever it was refreshing and felt amazing it never effected me before but I think because I was so anxious all the time It was felt amazing. The chest pain got worse and worse and then after that happened with my mom I was more stressed and upset. Felt like I had the world on my shoulders plus I need to study for exams and I have 6 siblings to love and be there for. Including a 6 and 7 year old brother and sister.
Anyway back to the story I was having panic attacks. I'm sure if you're reading this you know what they are  the sweating/cold sweats the twitches and shivers the dizziness the butterflies in your belly that big breath you do to make sure your still functioning properly. That looking around contemplating Is this a dream or reality? I know. It feels terrible. Anybody who suffers you are not weak you are strong to deal with such a horrible thing. When I was at my work placement (volenteering  job) which is at a funfair dressing up to stop children bullying, somebody was on one of the rides and suffered a cardiac arrest. One of my close friends had to reccussatate her but she sadly died, so young. She like my mom was unhealthy although it doesn't make anything better the way I feel because I am fairly healthy because I still panic and worry the same.
As time went on it started to get worse. I looked online for symptons of a heart attack just in case I ever had one and to try be more rational about my panic thoughts. After reading that I got a hot flush and sudden pain shot down my left side and a numb feeling came above my heart. I panicked and went very dizzy I begged my dad to take me to hospital but he never understood he always things he knows better than everyone else but does not know how real a heart attack feels to a person suffering from anxiety! !:( as time went on there has been a permanent pain in my left arm in my "heart" probably just my chest but it feels like my heart. And sometimes I get chest pain.  My left arm sometimes goes numb and I then panic I've got bad circulation which could also result in a cardiac arrest.  I decided to Google my symptons tonight even though I know  my own thinking has created this physical pain But I just wanted to know as I don't have a doctor is there anyone else out there suffering exactly like me or do they just get pains in there chest now and again why is mine constant.  When I read the words pain in my chest and left arm all the time It gave me such a relief.  Everybody who suffers with this you are very strong. Keep going !! We will make it and overcome this awful obstacle!! We WILL make it we are strong. YOU are in control of your own mind don't forget that.
I'd k just like to add one of my coping strategies works a little for me the pain is still there and the thoughts don't go away but if you feel you are getting panicy stand up or sit up straight. Take a big breath. Notice which part moves first.  It should be your belly then your chest then your shoulders.  That's the correct breathing g excesses and I only found that 2 days ago. Look up YouTube for breathing excersoses they do make it somewhat easier I thought there was no hope but this relaxes you really well. Good luck to everyone I will pray for you tonight  sorry this isn't an answer but I hope it helps knowing your not alone god bless xxx
I've suffered with this, daily, since 10/12/99. Obviously still looking for answers.  A bad day today, with constant pressure. My husband asked "so the doctors expect you to live like this, you are a mess"   I've been a bit worse lately, and after the years, I'm sure he is sick of me always having panic. I wish you all the best. I've literally tried everything at this point, even went 3 YEARS IN REMISSION. ..now it's back to square one. It's hard to function with so much fear and physical symptoms. If anyone has help, my name is Kimberly sherman Ketchum.  I'm on Facebook.  I have two children now, but I feel like such a crappy mom because of this nightmare disorder. I do try.  Hugs to all.
hello, little backround on me, I just recently turned 40 and I have had anxiety/panic/ocd for the last 21 years (probably when I was a kid too but never went to doctor for any thing then). So several months ago I had my first baby and all heck broke loose with anxiety... I had some physical complications so I was constantly thinking I was going to die. Thought heart issues, thought blood clots, thought all kinds of things...turned into a hypochondriac obviously, and also am finding I'm agoraphobic. Physical symptoms from anxiety were yes the racing heart, sweating, dizziness, racing pulse, tingling/burning feelings in arms and lets and back and head, plus I have vertigo which makes the feelings worse. I've had this before but after a lot of panic and usually after a bad attack, I feel soooooo run down, tired, in a fog..my body feels sore and tender in my joints and yes the chest pain. Like bruised all in my chest area lasts for days after a bad attack, so would sometimes wonder if my heart or lungs were bad. So it happened again recently and the chest pain is slowly subsiding but its still there over the heart area. I know its anxiety but I do also have reflux issues so it could make it worse. Anyway...basically I'm not a stranger to anxiety...so I want to say that its definitely manageable and for some people with the right help it can become a thing of the past. For those of you who think you're dying and go to the hospital etc, thats ok! Ive done it! Finding out there is nothing really physically wrong with you is great! Go to the ER, go to your doctor, get whatever tests you need done to rule out medical issues. Absolutely nothing wrong with that!  Then take that info and now tell yourself, ok, its anxiety and I know it is and now its time to focus on treating it. For some, its a hit the first time with medication, for others it takes while to find the right one. Don't be discouraged! Take it one day at a time and keep going. I went for many years dealing with my anxiety on its own...sometimes it was fine, other times it was too much,  did medication at one point and it helped but I didn't want to be on it anymore and got off thinking I was ok.Then I went through a long lonely battle with anxiety triggered by work stress but mostly caused by my own intrusive thoughts. I finally sought therapy several years ago when I was dealing with this. I thought, what the heck, I'm just talking to someone, what have I got to lose plus the therapist after listening to me initially said she thought she could really help me and without needing meds. So I was in therapy for approx 9 months...I liked it, I always left feeling good, uplifted like I was doing something for myself. Even though, I wasn't convinced it was going to REALLY do anything for me in the long run cause we're just talking and the therapist is basically giving me pointers on how to handle and how to retrain my thinking and really I didn't think I could do it anyway, too busy to do the mental exercises she asked me to do or just didn't think of them when I needed to.. Well I was wrong, I was doing them little by little and I didn't realize how much it was helping!! After like 6-7 months...I took a look at my situation and looked back from the beginning of therapy and realized, holy crap...I'm not that stressed anymore at work...the triggers that would get me all worked up were not triggers anymore or if they were, it was a small tiny panic that I could talk myself down from in a minute...I couldn't believe it. I didn't even realize it was getting better. So if you can, talk therapy with a counselor/psychologist shouldn't be out of the question. I didn't stop because I was cured, I missed an appointment and just never rescheduled, but from those 9 months I had the tools to use that I was ok not going. Now with the post partum anxiety, I've got an appointment this weekend to start again, the triggers are different this time but I have faith this could help, and if my therapist suggests I will go on meds. I have a friend who is a social worker with a masters in psychology so I pick her brain all the time and tell her what I'm going through. This is something that she tells me, Yes, it ***** you're going through this, its a disorder, certain parts of the brain are dominant over the rest right now...but the good thing is...ITS FIXABLE! With therapy and meds. So please don't give up. Try different things, I used to run and I know you've all heard this before but exercise does help! Just walk outside around the block even, all while keep chanting, this is ME TIME, I'm not gonna think about anything else except this is my time to do something good for my body( I did that on the treadmill at the gym for at least 30-45 minutes)...keep saying that to yourself the whole time you're doing whatever it is you choose to do for yourself even if you don't believe it. Keep doing and saying it over and over and over again..I'm serious...over and over and over again...that's retraining your brain..and I swear eventually your body and mind will catch on and during that ME TIME (could be 20 minutes of whatever you choose a day lets say) you will eventually enjoy and crave it, its a start and worth a try to possibly help give you some peace!
I can relate to so many posts on this thread. I have had chest pain and other symptoms for years. Like many here, I have had lots of tests which all show my heart is ok. I try to get exercise by walking because it is meant to help anxiety but I find that exercise can bring on my chest pain, I dont know if this is just psychological or my poor breathing (hperventilation) I havent heard anyone say exercise makes their chest pain worse. When I get a touch of pain when walking, I focus on it and it makes me more anxious which of course doesnt help.
im feeling that as well pain in the left side alnd also on the right side below the ribs...but the problem is my cholesterol went high and also my trigrylecirine but noe everything is normal but still i have this pain... i am from the philippines...
Yes i have it none stop its terrible u poor pet, im 18 and i know the feeling u think no matter what that the doctors arre missing something, people have chest pains i have head and cheat, what i do is go down stairs have a cup of tea have a good wee cry, and think to myself after an hour. " well if it is a heart attack i wouldnt be here and that sorta helps me im on zopiclone at night helps sometimes, no matter how hatd u try and tell ur self ur ok it doesnt seem to help but i downloaded an app called headspace and its a 10 therapy for anixity really does help dote
Yes I have been suffering from this problem now got just over two months! I had a stressful time recently in my family life, my job and in general day to day life everything was bad, negative and stressful. Then I went to work away for a month and this is when these chest pains began! I had a mini panic attack with chest pain and since the attack the pains have not gone away! I have had an ECG on my heart and everything was normal. I spoke to a doctor and they said I am suffering from stress and aniexty and these pains and symptoms will pass! I have had such worry over the pains that I have convinced myself I am unwell and I have a huge underlying problem but I know it's all in my head, I have images of myself laying in a hospital bed serverly ill, I have feelings like I am going to die and not be able to see my family ever again! It's all these thoughts causing my anxiety to get worse and they are causing this horrible chest pain and I really need to snap out of it but it's easier said than done! I was so glad when I came across this post as I realised I'm not going insane and there is lots of people expirencing this pain like me! I have noticed cutting out caffeine certainly helps and a lot of people have said the same! The pain is mostly in my left side and it moves sometimes to arm, my back and right side of my chest it varies! Thanks for sharing all your expirences I feel a lot calmer knowing there are other people feeling the way I have felt the last two months! Deep breathing, happy thoughts and keeping busy is the key!
I have the same thing sharp pains underneath my left chest my heart I say I had stress test nuclear stress test EKG they say I'm fine I tell them I don't believe them going on 18 months with this chest pain I tell my wife I'm gonna drop that she says it's all in my head there is no way these chest pains are in my head  it is ruining my life afraid to do anything I don't want to say I'm happy that people have this but it helps me knowing other people have it I wish you all the best  they gave me Lexapro refuse to take them gave me Xanax I take once in a while I just hope I don't dropdead I have two kids and a wife and I wake up scared every day this is no way to live has any one felt better
How are you feeling now I go through same thing
I suffer with anxiety  and I had chest pain and tingles  in my fingers  I went and told gp I was sent home  with  paracetamol and told it was anxiety  2 days later I did in fact suffer from a heart attack (age 28 ) since my anxiety  depression  and panic disorder  is a lot worse
PLEASE check the date this thread was posted!!!!! It is 10 YEARS old.