Anxiety Community
Does anyone find Marijuana helps them with their Anxiety?

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

just wondering...

for me it feels great for about 1/2 hour...then paranoia kicks in along with a bunch of ancious feelings. but that 1st half hour is wonderful...if i play video games or zone out on the TV...then i get no anxiety whatsoever.

So i think as long as i keep my mind blank/occupied while im "stoned" i think it helps.
Hello there WorriedScared,

Actually Marijuana can cause you to become further paronoid... If you would like help I suggest you see an phycologist or a hypnotherapist.  Marijuana may cause you to become relaxed and calm for a short time but when you come out of its effects things may be worse.  Marijuana is not the answer. Good luck to you.  Steve
marijuana can make u 10times worse aswell as raise ur blood pressure b/p pressure raise from panic and pot can equal heart attack.
So let's get this straight -- you're trading one good half hour for however much longer you're high and paranoid?  Look, I loved pot until I didn't anymore and I quit.  Pot and anxiety just don't mix, since pot intensifies whatever we're feeling.  Sad, but true.
Avatar n tn
marijuana makes my anxiety a lot easier to deal with but a major part of that is it help my ms symptoms which is a major factor in any anxiety attacks i may have.Continued marijuana uses usually shows  a reduction in negative side effects.  Don't listen to the anti-marijuana bashers who have little or no knowledge about it in the first place and do your own research.  there are negative side effects and they are gonna be different for everyone so educate yourself and make a decision on your own based on your own situation
Avatar n tn
It helped my 'anxiety' but did not help me.  Yes it gives you a 'break' from the stress, but self medicating for any length of time is not a good idea.  I actually think i had a panic attack because i stopped smoking pot, i missed that 'break from the stress' i would get on the weekend when i smoked...and so after several weeks on not smoking, i think it caught up to me.  Thats just my opinion.
But in an emergency i would suggest it, but it is not at allll a solution.  You need some professional help, maybe some books on anxiety (one really helped me), and maybe some medication.
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms