Does low dose of Paxil work??
About three years ago a doctor put me on 20 mg of Prozac for panic and generalized anxiety.  Within 4 days of taking the Prozac I ended up in the ER with the worst adverse reactions anyone could ever have (shock feeling throughout body, numb face and neck, insomnia) and the ER doctor said I was experiencing a Serotonin-type reaction. He advised me to stop the medication immediately.  It took about 2 weeks for the symptoms to fully go away.  I figured I would rather live with anxiety and panic attacks than feel that lousy.  Several months ago I began having severe panic attacks and never ending anxiety again.  My new doctor wanted me to try Paxil.  I was very apprehensive because of my previous problem with an SSRI but he told me to start with a very very small dose and build it up over many weeks.  I started with 2.5 mg for 1 week then up to 5 mg for one week.  I will now go to 10mg and I'm hoping that's enough.  I haven't felt any relief yet but I am assuming that's because I am taking a very small dose.  Has anyone had relief taking just 5mg or 10 mg of Paxil?
My boyfriend just started taking Paxil CR 12.5 mg 2 weeks ago this coming tuesday. He has taken it 3 years prior, but his mom made him stop taking it because she thought it was bad for him. (She smothers him too much). Anyway, he is on it again, and so far its ok. This is his first dose, since 3 years ago, in between he took Cymbalta. Paxil, as any other controlled- release meds, need time to actually start to see and feel the effects of it. It will take anywhere from 2-6 weeks for you to see results. Paxil is great, I should tell you. Even thought you are taking small doses, don't stop, and just wait for it to work, and you will feel wonderful. Good Luck.