Dysfunctional Breathing...
In short: Got diagnosed with severe panic/anxiety disorder a year ago, around a month after I started to feel as if I couldn't breathe, 24/7, not during attacks, all the time. I still have it now, my life is ruled by it, I can never get a deep satisfying breathe, and I'm always just struggling for air, every minute of every day, it really is awful.
I've had lung tests, I don't have anything wrong, they diagnosed me with 'Dysfunctional Breathing' apparently it's rare and I can't find much information about it online at all.

Does anyone suffer from this? How does it affect you? what help are you receiving?
How can I fix this problem? - it is literally driving me insane.
Dysfunctional breathing goes along with two things, asthma and anxiety.  Since all other causes have been ruled out and you suffer with anxiety, I think it's safe to say that your breathing is a symptom of your anxiety.  Therapy would help a lot with this. An anxiety medication would help to relax you and your muscles while learning how to take a deep breath again.  I think between the two, you would see excellent results.  I know there are others who suffer with this as a symptom of anxiety, and they will jump on and offer you some helpful advice for you.  I know it's miserable, but there is hope and help.  Take care.
I know this sounds weird but when I try to do deep breathing to relax, I actually have more trouble breathing than before. I find if its focused on then it becomes a problem. I would go with the options that mammo suggested and hope that you are able to get some results as I know it really is not a nice feeling.
Good Luck