Anxiety Community
Excessive gas in stomach

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Excessive gas in stomach

I have what I believe to be excessive gas in my stomach, I belch a lot and it's worse when I drink water, even just sips. When I rise in then morning I feel the air in my stomach and the need to belch, so I do it. I take antiacid medicine daily and some Dimeticone to help with gas but it's just a temporary relief. Why could this be? it started like 2 weeks ago, I have no abdominal pain, just too much belching! I've tried eating really bland and still the water makes me do that! I don't drink, I don't smoke, I work out on a daily basis (bodybuilding) but I suffer from anxiety :( could that be a reason? I know stress worsens diggestion but why does it make me belch a lot all of a sudden? 2 weeks ago this never happened.
Have you seen your doctor about this?  Why not go get it checked out?  Anxiety can definitely cause my stomach to get upset...in my opinion, anxiety could be the problem, but why not go ask and see what is going on?  In my experience with health anxiety, if we notice something that is strange to us we can tend to focus in on it and make it seem like it is a lot worse than it may really be...keep us posted!
thanks for the reply, I'm about to go get it checked out, my problem is the hospitals and medics make me more anxious than anything else... I fear having to take some tests, I'd love it if the dr. just gave me some medication and see the results. Now that you mention it, since this started happening which was two weeks ago, I haven't been able to stop thinking about this and it started getting worse and worse in a few days, I can't even believe how it got so much worse in such a short time, maybe it's my mind after all that's contributing. Thanks for the reply and I'll keep everyone posted!
I know what you mean about anxiety at the doc's office.  I also do not like going.  Anxiety can really make us feel run down both mentally and physically especially when we focus on a particular problem.  The mind is very powerful!  Keep us posted!
Hi again! I just got back from my appointment with the gastro and well... not very good news, actually quite bad for me :/
I had an endoscopy (which triggered my anxiety, I feared it like it was the end of the worl) and there it revealed I had a lightgastroenteritis and they found I had Barret's Esophagus (Even though I never had any reflux symptoms at all) but since I went totally anxious after the test, I had to deal with that first.
Now when he saw that, He didn't take much interest about my excessive gas in stomach or the fact I saw some white dots in my stool, he just went straight to tell me I needed a Phmetry and manometry so I could get a surgery done. I feared those tests even more than the endoscopy which went by while I slept out of it but these two tests require me to be awake and my panic revolves around medical tests, nausea(which is a must with these tests) and staying at the hospital (for the surgery I need) so he really blew me away... I was hoping some drugs treatment first and if I didn't get any better I'd have to undergo these tests and surgery but not with him... now I'm really freaking out and IDK what to do, some advice would be great :( if anyone has gone through something similar. Regards!
I just had an endoscopy and I was terrified as well, the meds they gave me didnt even sedate me so I was awake. NEVER AGAIN. I am sorry that they have discovered something and your doctor is not focusing on anything else. Is there any way that you can seek out another doctors opinion? I think that would be the first thing I would do before agreeing to have surgery etc. You have other concerns and they should be addressing those as well. Also if you are not comfortable with your doctor and they do not listen to you it is not going to help the anxiety of any procedures. I really hope you are able to see someone else or at the very least make your doctor listen to your concerns. If you have to go in and tell him that you are not proceeding further with anything until he listens.
Good Luck. My endoscope was clear so I still have the pleasure of having gallbladder pain without them agreeing to take it out!
SOrry to hear about your bad experience with the endoscopy, thank god the sedative worked with me the first time... and yeah right now I'm considering another dr.'s opinion because this dr. didn't make me feel really comfortable, we was more focused on getting the procedure done than anything else, I guess doctors can be really careless when it comes to our concerns when they focus on something else, I'll just have to look for a new good one :/
Thanks for the answer and I'm glad your endoscopy turned out ok, I just hope the gallbladder pain goes away soon or they do something about it, we don't deserve to live like this... good luck Alison!
Thanks so much, keep up updated on yourself!!!
Jade59 commented on Cee lo
14 mins ago
Thin4Freedom 20 lbs lost so far! :) Comment
Bunsey01 commented on I had no idea there w...