Feeling like I am in a dream.. like i am asleep..
Hi.  I was wondering if anyone else feels like this..  I never posted a topic explaining my feeling.  It is hard to explain.

Ever since my first panic attack at age 13 I feel as if I have fallen into a coma.  I feel like I am asleep.  My head feels lightheaded, like there is a soft fog right beneath my eyes that cause me to be unable to see, feel, hear... etc.  

When I dream at night I wake up not knowing if it was a dream or if it was real, because i feel almost the exact same.  I feel like I am floating around in a dream.  There has not been one moment where I have "awoken" or "the fog has lifted."  It has been like this everymoment of every day for 5 years.

I have depression, anxiety, and panic.  I have been on meds which made me feel better, but I am still "asleep".  Nothing has woken me up.  

I feel like I'm just gonna wake up from a coma one day.  

Does anyone else feel like this.. or have felt like this?  Is there hope?  The docs told me the meds should help this feeling in a year or 2, but its been 5 and i am losing hope of ever waking up
hey, i feel the same way, almost exactly id say. i think it might be mary jane as well, i was about to quite, but you said that doesn't work, but i guess ill quit anyway. What i feel makes it better, is at night try to use your imagination as much, like in vision **** in your head, it sounds weird, i know but it helps for some reason, its like dreaming with your eyes shut, but not asleep, you know? i heard citric fruits help with getting **** out of your system, so what ever is causing this might get flushed out. herbal tea as well, i feel it just calms you down . k, hope this helps, if you have any advice to give to me as well that'd be awesome.
i have this exact feeling finally found someone like this but my dream state is due to heavy use of cannabis i smoked every day from when i was 11 till i was 14 im 15 now and nothing seems real at all its like im in a dream world and every one else is just a blur in my head it almost feels like im in a film i was in a mental heath hospital for 2 weeks to get away from weed they told me it would be fine but its been a year and nothing has changed my memory is really really bad as well i cant remember what i did in a day i get big hits of depression because of this i just want to have a normal life with a normal mind !!!!!!!  
i always get the feeling that i am dreaming to but it trigers randomly and its very scary i also get headachs in the back of my head alot and i feel like my body is soposed to be moving i feel like one day im going to be awoking in a hospital i am 11 years old i have smoked weed before  wich triggered a panic attack PLEASE HELP.!!!!! AND TELL ME WATS WRONG PLEASE .......  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    :(
I feel this way.. But it's gone so far that Im harming myself to see if I'll bleed or if I'll wake up.. I want to get out of it so bad I want to kill myself just to wake up..
Hi im glad i read your post the same thing happened to me a month ago i had a massive panic attack had to go to hospital thought i was going to die at the time most horrible feelings you feel at the time.Now i am on medication there called AXIT and DELARIN they are for panic attacks and depression but still feel down dream like state light headed tired unbalanced at times etc. Any other medication out there that would be better for me i would love to try another one these ones dont seen to be working

hey me too... I will be sober 3 months in a couple of days now from smoking, after constant smoking for a year dealing with issues the wrong way.. but im so scared cause a few days ago I had a dream where i woke up midway and i had to seriously convince myself what was real and what wasn't for a while and my heart was racing. that morning i had a thought that maybe this isn't real or like im still dreaming, or like the matrix, and the thought comes and goes, but im petrified of this thinking and if im going crazy. maybe not the right community for all of this but if anyone has any experience with this.. im all ears..
I am 15 years old , I have every symptom you just explained. I feel as if I'm unsure that this is real life. Sounds wierd but as if I lived before. Its been two months & I'm just so scared I dont know what to do anymore. I have been to the doctors but of course they just keep saying its anxiety but its so much more than that. I really hope you get better & you get your life back.
I have felt the exact same way since I had a panic attack while driving almost a year ago . Saw 3 different doctors and they no one could give me an answer. Eventually they put me on  anti anxiety and ADD medication ( dextro amphetamine ). I still haven't woke up either . I'm going to be pissed if this is like the Matrix or something and we're the normal ones .. Lol
Omg! Ive been feeln like this for 13 years! I swear i just woke up one day and nothn looked the same..i felt like the room was..not spinning ..but in motion..i went to so many doctors unable to explain how i felt..i started to hold things n and frlt ashames when a doc laughed at me and said u need a pchychiatrist...i knew nothn about a pcychor coinseling anxiety
.i felt sopo alone i missed a month of work cuz i felt like i was out of my body and kinda floaty..like my mind was lucid and not stable..back then there wasnt anything on tje internet that cud help me describe the feeling..i prayes that "this thing over me" would jus go away..thats how i feel ..likea shadow or somerhins hangin over me everyday..if im lookn at the sky it feels like ..idk..like theres motion between the space so jard tonexplain..ive been dealing with thia for 13 yeqts now..no mri or all the tests ive had show anything..thia jas def ruined my life. The quality of life is horrible..becus of this everyday for me is jus survival..tryim not to breakdown..tryin 10 times harder to focus on things. The docs hav no idea what thia is jua saynum depressed HELL I WASNT BEFORE THIS HAPPENED..of courae  depressed now..depression didnt cause this..this caused depression..some days are worse than othrs some days i feel paralzed n jus cnt get outta bed..iys so hard to relax..i hope one day sombdy figurea this out..um tired of suffering :-(
Im hearing the common thing..fog, veil over ur eyes, things not lookn the same, dream like state floaty ALL the things i feel everyday!! Some of u are like me the doc medicates no help then we get depressed cuz nothings working and turn to medicating ourselves with drugs illegal etc. The doctors look at us and think oh the drugs or the depression caused this BUT SOMEHOW WE NEED TO MAKE THEM UNDERSTAND "THIS" CAUSED THE DEPRESSION AND DRIUGS NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND!! PLEASE HAS ANYBODY FOUND SOMETHING TO HELP OR THINK U MAY BE GETTN TO THE BOTTOM OF THESE WEIRD FEELINGS PLEASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW IVE SPENT WHAT SUPPOSED TO BE THE. BEST YEARS OF MY LIFE IN A HAZY FOG ITS LIMITED ME AND DISABLES ME FROM DOING ALL THE THINGS IVE WANTED TO IN LIFE I DNT WANNA FEEL LIKE THIS FOR TJE NEXT 13 YEARS ITS TAKEN TOO MUCH OF MY LIFE ALREADY!! PPL GET AGRESSIVE WITH UR DOCTORS NOT ONLY MAKE THEM UNDERSTAND BUT MAKE THEM DO SOMETHINFG!!! THIS WILL NOT GO AWAY IYS BEEN 13 YRS FOR ME FEELN LIKE THIS WE HAVE TO FIGHT FOR NOT JUS OURSELVES BUT WHAT IF OUR KIDS HAVE TO GROW UP WITH THIS THING??
I don't know if your still checking this blog but yes i deal with this 24/7 for 13 years now, i'm sooo tired of it. it's ruined my life. Today is the first i've heard of this Depersonalization Disorder, so i'm going to check it out. I really hope you've found how to deal with this and maybe can help me??

I feel the same way im 15 and ive had 5 panic attacks and the recent one was like a few weeks ago and I keep thinking to my self that im in a coma and everything is a dream. ive been hospital about it and they have just classed it under a symptom of panic attacks but everyone else that suffers from panic attacks say they have never heard about that symptom.. I even feel like I have repeated life again.. it is VERY scary! and I hope their is a chance of getting rid of this feeling!
Has anyone felt theyre own skin is completely numb no senses at all??? Im feeling this way for a long time now, That I don't even feel the air come out of the air conditioner. Even taste buds are numb.
I have felt Depersonalization for awhile now. It all started with some health issues (migraines, chronic headaches) and general health anxiety. For months I felt like I was in a dream. I'd walk down the stairs and feel like I was floating. People would talk to me and their voices sounded distant. I could honestly barely describe it but the comments here really describe it. It went away for awhile and I felt normal...that's what made me really realize how hazy I was, like my personality was sucked out of my body. The past week I have been in another dream-like haze. The only co-relation I can see is general anxiety and mild depression. I am generally happy with my life on all levels so health-anxiety and thinking of my impending doom (yes dramatic) is what brings me down. I get so scared to loose what I have but when I feel this way, I feel disconnected from everyone around me. I have not explained it to my doctor because it sounds so weird. I am glad I am not the only one.
I see that a lot of people are feeling the same way like I do. Meaning no senses, because they feel like they are floating in the air, and seeing a cloud near the area below their eyes and around. My solution to all these problems is to find FAITH, to STEP AWAY FROM THE NATURAL AND COME OVER TO THE SUPERNATURAL. Meaning: Having Faith in God: Jesus Christ the Lord. If we all keep on praying and keep on holding on in having Faith we can all overcome, win, conquer these problems.  God is LOVE. Read this from the bible, the verse is also online. Exodus: 20:20,  Moses said to the people, "Do not be afraid. God has come to test you, so that the fear of God will be with you to keep you from sinning." There are two meaning of fear. 1st: Fearing the Lord. Meaning to respect and honor Him. Listening to Him, and following His Commandments. 2nd: Fearing away from the Lord, meaning that you have something to hide that you're afraid for God to know and show Him.  LOVE, don't hate. Bring PEACE to the world, not war. God is all around, God is over, underneath, inside, and in between. Dream out loud! Love freely! <3 :)
Hello everyone! I'm a 19 years old and I feel the same way for 3 years now. no body believes me and they tell me that I shouldnt think this way as if I had the control. I never saw a doctor about it. everybody's comments relief me and makes me more terrified at the same time. please! please if there is anyone out there like me just help me and tell me how or what or why or if there atleast people feeling the same and talk to me, I'm really scared.
hey nmxx,
im not sure what it is completely however i have been to doctors, im 20 years of age and was feeling it constantly when i was 14 for about 8 months. it effected everything, from school to social activities to the point where nothing i could do was enjoyable.
After going to the doctor at that age he diagnosed me with depression and anxiety. I thought theres no way that it could be, so after that i then was seeing a psychiatrist and he did help.
5 years went by and the majority of the time i was happy and could be normal i suppose. but i felt this feeling never went away at all, like it was always there, and then i suppose my mind gradually over took my thought process again and as of now im back to living in this fear of "what is this,"
i have been to doctors and they have done blood tests for everything also had my upper torso x rayed and a ultra sound, i have had a mri scan on the brain for anything showing and nothing showed up. i have literally tried everything with doctors. i recently had a septoplasty (nasal passages fixed) because the doctor thought i could be just tired from sleep obstruction. but the feeling stays around.
im starting to think that this could be a mental illness that can be fixed but not sure how. and that it is related to anxiety even tho i get the anxiety because of this feeling. if you get to the bottom of your problem please let me know.
Great answer, and the most helpful on here.
I've always tried to find the trigger to pull myself out of it, there can be many triggers, and that's what all of the others have missed
Peace
I have felt the same , every post here is so old now i just hope some one reads it . I know things a bit bettet then you all do. When i read this in the beginning I started up personally messaging people who need help  but i think thats not enough. Who so ever still needs to talk about it please write to me at

***@****

I hope i can help a bit.
Hi I haven't got any problems with my health as far I think. At the mo I have been feeling lightheaded and feels like I'm not here as a dream. It's horrible, I Just want to be normal like u used to be. When I'm distracted or busy I feel fine but when I think about it I feel worse. I worry it's heart problem or blood pressure etc. I'm scared to be honest as I'm only 38 and I got a gorgeous 5 years old daughter and I don't want her to have a dad till she gets married etc. Help me! Is it my head or I need tl get myself checked up
what you feeling is your anxiety I feel the way too when im super stress and my anxiety is high some times I even fell like im having a heart attack or a stroke but is just a panic attack ask for different meds if the ones you taking are not working
I can relate. And the the things you are saying I think can relate to depersonalization/derealization. I have it and it's really frustrating and I don't know how to fix it. Hopefully that term can give you guys some answers about what's going on with you
Hi guys!!! I'm 13 and I don't know if I have disrealization or not. I always feel like I'm not in reality as if I'm living in a dream I can't concentrate I always feel nervous. I'm not depressed... I haven't told anyone about it yet cause they'll think I'm crazy. I think I have a anxiety but I'm not sure, Should I tell my parents about it? I don't think I can handle it any longer I just want to give up. Please somebody help!!! :(
I feel the exact same as everyone for some reason I constantly feel dizzy as well as dreaming and my head always feels heavy the best thing I did was get my self in a few activities including exercise , listening to music and socialising it took my mind off it straight away hope this helps in any way
You should always feel comfortable talking to your parents, if not a close adult who can help.
You need to get off of all of those meds immediately and go for medical marijuana. I reccomend a Sativa, or a 70% or more sativa dominant hybrid. OG Diesel is great for what you're experiencing. Because guess what, this started happening to me when I was about 16, I'm 21 now, and have found a way to train myself to forget about it, and it goes away. But when you think about it, the feeling gets stronger right? I have no idea what this is, but I got off of all of my meds, and I'm the healthiest I've ever been. Remember that 12 people died last year from taking selfies. Weed is literally safer than selfies.
I am 24 years old and I have felt like this for about a year now... The first incident I was in a restaurant and it felt like someone stretched me incredibly thin... Like I couldn&#x27;t breathe. I had another incident about a month later except the feeling never went away and it has gotten worse ever since. I have had bloodwork done and an MRI which revealed a cyst in my temporal something or other that doesn&#x27;t seem to be problematic. I am due for another MRI to check on the cyst and in the last few day my head feels fogged and I can&#x27;t hear out of the ear that&#x27;s on the same side as the cyst. I feel like I&#x27;m dreaming when I&#x27;m awake... Everything feels weird, it sounds like I&#x27;m undwrwater... Just like you said... Like I&#x27;m in a coma waiting to wake up... I used to,drink, smoke weed, and smoke,cigarettes but have been free of all that for a year in January... I&#x27;ve been to my primary care doctor and he throws his hands up at my symptoms and tells me he doesn&#x27;t know what it is... He makes me feel like nothing is wrong and like I&#x27;m crazy...
Drink, smoke weed, and smoke cigarettes could be the reason of your anxiety. You can consult with another doctor to figure it out. Do exercise and eat healthy.
I am thirteen. And I have had this sensation/anxiety my whole life. It is the scariest expirience and I knew I needed to be educated on it. Not being able to tell reality. Having panic attacks where I feel as if I&#x27;m unreal or in a dream. In my head asking myself &quot;am I real&quot;. It is an anxiety disorder. Like disassociation. It&#x27;s called depersonalization also known as derealization. Maybe it&#x27;s not the same. It is not harmful but can be very scary.
How do you cope with this? I have the same thing and have actually convinced myself I am trapped in a dream at times and it is the most terrifying thing ever. What do you do to help it go away?
That is what I expirience. It's a little different. But I do also feel like I'm in a coma and I'll awake one day and this will all be a dream. None of this is real. My family and friends. "I hate making commitments" I tell people "because nothin is real". Like I will wake up to another family. And I'm scared of this world and life.
I was hit by a pizza truck right in front of my neighborhood.. I broke my elbow-split my chin wide open..long story short,I feel like I&#x27;m in a coma.. I feel like I died during the car accident..it&#x27;s indeed scary
I&#x27;m in the same situation. It never really feels like I&#x27;m here. It started to happen in High School and just went on from there. It started out as just a few minutes then more and more till it never went away.
I feel the exact same way at times like not feeling awake. I freak out and crying every time this happens to me and its so scary.I wish this would go away but I try to explain to people what it feels like and no one understands. I keep thinking I'm in a dream or that I died and that I can't wake up from it. I never feel like doing anything either because of the feeling I get. I think its from depression and lack of sleep. When I use to be happy I never felt this way..
Hi, I am 13 myself and just 2 days ago I had a weird sensation. It's exactly the same as you described. Its called 'depersonalization' or 'derealization'. There is in fact an actual depersonalisation disorder. Perhaps you have that?
I felt a serious sense of depersonalisation 2 days ago, I describe the feelings to people and they all think it's a panic attack.
I think it was more like I was on drugs or was drunk, though I don't know what that feels like as I've never taken drugs or gotten drugs.
What was your first panic attack like, and are you taking any drugs?
Hope you can get back to me. X
Has anyone gotten rid of this feeling yet? ive been having it for a few months time. Im suspecting that it might have something to do with the weed i smoked in that time. Since these few months i guess ive been having it a little bit, but since like 3 weeks ago it has been really heavy and weird and scrary, and it just wont go away. im scared that it will stay forever if i dont find a way to get rid of it , and im scared to talk about it with other people ...So has anyone had succes getting rid of it ? :(
I woke up this morning feeling like I was in a dream than I stopped myself wondering what just happen, am I loosing it? so I am scheduled to see my doctor, from what I have been reading I diagnosed it as Depersonalization, there is hope and I know now I'm going to be ok. I will be back to let you know what kind of meds I get and if it works..
I always feel lke this and i never know why i keep paniking about it im so glad im not the only one, i feel sort of like i know where i am but i dont feel like im really there almost like im watching through a camera or something, and sometimes i think like what if im asleep or in a coma or something and i keep getting like da ja vou and things happen that properly freak me out
same for me i thought i was going crazy & im only 19
Oh my god so do I am 14 and always say to people do you feel like this is really happening like your actually here ?
I have always wondered why I see throught these eyes.. I remember when I was 8 years old and was playing by the fence and fell and hit the back of my head. Then I just remember getting up and going on as usual. But the hit was so hard that I remember, feeling as I was knocked out. But then also remember just getting up after a while. Weird thing is not a soul saw it happen when i got up, and my neighborhood in Chicago, Il was very busy. It feels like I am not me, and yet here I am. How to take that..
Have you over come it yet? Because this is exactly how Im feeling day after day after day. Like no matter what I do or say or get diagnosed with I'm  not gonna recover or I'm  not real
Has anyone found a way to "wake up"?
i feel the same way !!!!! How are you feeling now?
Im 14 aswell and i have that exact thing and its really freaking me out
Same here and scaring me! I&#39;m 23 and want to be out of this bubble and live a normal life this is hell :(
Do you remember an accident from when you were young?? And then just continuing on with life, like nothing happened..
Also feeling like this and really losing hope :( constantly terrified and now can't drive or anything just want to sleep and hide from the world I'm scared to have an attack anywhere it's just gotten worse and worse and this bubble I am in and dream I am living Which I feel like I will wake up from one day and not know where I am which is also scary- I am just so sick of this and lexapro and Xanax are not doing anything anymore for me. Any suggestions? Starting to thinking having seizures or something more wrong w me. Hate this.
If any of you have watched the tv show "lost" where Desmond comes of the island
And is stuck between a reality and dream like state not knowing what is real or not
This is what the feeling is like
What helped me was exercise and gym , staying active and always looking to do things to keep your mind active
The feeling will go away , just keep staying motivated and look towards the future
Hi bro, im shamil from srilanka i shall bring a remedy for your problem from this text, u itself mention in your text that when u r AWAKE from sleep you get confused whether it is a dream or real life, and you yourself admitted that u were awake, you really have a little mental illness, and if u try you could cure it yourself! The thing which happens here is that your brain automatically identifies that u r awake, but ur mischievous upper mind who is the culprit says that u r in a dream/coma, what u have to do here is so simple, you have 2 simply ignore your upper mind and get in to your daily activities happily, it would be quite difficult in the beggining, u need to have a strong determination and controll to ignore your upper mind, and at last you would be able to win this illness! Hope this helps
I've had that during panic attacks. I think it's called Depersonalization. It's very common.
Did you have it days after your panic attack ?
Well,first of all I'mm not a professional,but I have also been feeling like this for years. Im 19 years old ,I used to smoke cannabis for a period of time (maybe one year) and I started feeling like this more and more every day so I quit. I haven't been to any doctors and I haven't really talked to many people about how I feel. I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks and I'm a person who over thinks a lot about every little thing. Anyway I was searching for what could be the cause of this feeling of detachment from the world and I found a disorder called depersonalization. I'm still not sure if that is it but thats the only thing that actually sounds very close to what I've been feeling for the past few years. Look it up on Wikipedia. I feel relieved to know that Im not the only person in this world that feels like this. It's been bothering me for a very long time.. I feel like this everyday ,all day long. Even right now while I'm writing this.
I am with you guys..I suffer from this thing since 20 years ago..Sometimes is better and sometimes is worse..Since last year i have anxiety and depression and my doctor prescribed me pills..I took them and i felt better but the veil from mind is still there..I can&#39;t feel joy,i can&#39;t feel happiness..My mind is like frozen and something is preventing my soul from experiencing reality.Last night after 2 days since i stopped the medication i had a powerful experience of this thing..i felt like i&#39;m in a dream,like life is a dream,the walls are made out of dreams..Everything was unreal and the reality was shaking and bending and moving ..I felt like i was in the middle of a storm..I saw my life from when i was a child ..like i was watching a movie ..emotions experiences ..everything was a dream..I saw myself as a stranger ..I felt i was a stranger..and all my life i played a role..the son ,the friend..the man..And now things will end..I felt like i was dying and i was happy cause i thought  at least i will wake up finally maybe or disappear ....After some time i felt happy and excited and pure and something opened in my heart..A new life...A light ..Fresh pure..I wanted to take some meds .I didnt..Then i fell asleep..After i woke up i didnt want to opened my eyes cause i felt the feeling was still there..But i did some meditation and then after 30 minutes the state appeared more powerful..I felt like i will lose my mind ..This time i took some medicine and i watched some videos counting the minutes until i will feel better..It *****....I went for a walk and then the feeling disappeared but the memory is still here..My doctor said that its just anxiety...I understand you guys..And i love you all ..I can feel your pain..I wish you all a life full of joy and happiness .You are not alone..Ps what seems to work for me is nature walks and being more loving and avoiding being angry or sad..
I have felt like this too for almost a year, I suffered with panic attacks and constant anxiety everyday without any breaks, but then one day I started obsessing about something else which completely took my mind off the dreamy feeling and started having anxiety and panic attacks about something else. I believe my high anxiety turned into pure OCD, I believe that the feeling your experiencing is all in your head, because once I started obsessing about something else the dreamy feeling disappeared, feels like my mind has to obses about something all the time, I don't know what wrong with me:(
Omg yes, iam 14 and I haven&#39;t been able to explain the feeling... it happened ever since I moved from Australia to the USA
It might get be from depression cause iam depressed and I feel like this all the time
Hi guys,

Thank you so much for sharing all this. So glad that I'm not the only one. I will explain how my story started. I just moved to Melbourne city to do a semester at uni, I have been backpacking with my boyfriend for the last month and half. During my time in Thailand for a month I just wanted to come to Australia and finally settle (seems paradise being a backpacker but it's also exhausting).
We got here and everything started to kick, I  needed a house/room + a job + a starting uni. In the middle of all this stress a good friend of mine from London just tried to kill herself, I felt soooooo hopeless, I couldn't do anything. From that day I couldn't stop crying out of nowhere, I always stressed about finding a job, and I got an interview, I did ****, and I didn't get the job.

After all these emotions together my boyfriend and mum started to be very worried with me, I'm halfway across the world in a new city, I don't know anyone yet.

I started to take this pill to anxiety, and that's when everything started. I feel like I'm in a dream everyday, like I have no control of what I say, my voice doesn't sound the same, I don't feel objects the same way. And I know I am real and this is real but I just don't feel like it, it's so weird and scary.. i justa cry.
My boyfriend is being an angel, but I don't like to feel that I'm dragging him into this.. this is mean to be the time of his life.
I stopped taking the pills, they made me freak out. I am so scared. How can this stop? I just want to be normal again.

Does anyone knows what shall I do? I feel good when I smoke a cigarette (which I didn't do for the last 4 months) and when I go to the park and lay down for a good couple of hours.

If anyone knows a doctor in Melbourne city, let me know on ***@****
i am so relie that there&#39;s someone like me. I&#39;m feeling like this for about 4-5 months and I&#39;m 14. is there any treatment? plz answer fast
I feel like this all the time. I often wonder what year it will be when I wake from my coma and will I be different? Is the &quot;awake me&quot; trapped in the coma and I won&#39;t wake up until I find something proving 100% I&#39;m in a coma and trapped. I honestly thought I was the only one. Everyone I have talked to looks at me like I&#39;m crazy, but as I read what you wrote I was relieved and for a moment I had to make sure I hadn&#39;t wrote it. I wish i knew how to &quot;wake up&quot; but at the time it is impossible.