Going off Zoloft
Hello everyone! I've been on Zoloft for 5 years and my husband and I are going to start trying to have a baby after I finish out my last pack of birth control. I know Zoloft is not reccommened during pregnancy so I want to get off of it. I take 100mg 1x a day and I worry about coming off of it because if I don't take it right on the hour I can tell. I get horrible headaches. My anxiety has been minimal for the past year and a half or so. I haven't had an attack in a long time. I'm worried that it will come back when I go off of Zoloft, especially since my anxiety is based around the fear of being sick...which a lot of people feel when pregnant. I know I cut down on dosages...and my doctor will help me with that, but does anyone know of anything safe to take during pregnancy...homeopathic or herbal that is okay? I just want the best for my future child. Any other advice related to this would be great!
My friends daughter was pregnant and suffered with alot of anxiety and Zoloft was the only drug they would put her on.....but it made her sick and she wanted to be pt on Lexapro....she had to sign a paper stating that she would be responsible if anything went wrong if they put her on the lexapro ....she did really well withthe lexapro and now her little boy is a year old and he is fine....in fact she is pregnant again...but zoloft is the one that drs usually recommend if you have to have something but of course you have to talk this out with your dr.....all drs are different and some dont want you on anything....hope this helps some and I wish you the bestwith your new baby..

God bless,
sissypants
Maybe before u decide to come off of it you should make an appointment with ur doc to discuss this in depth.  Let him know about ur fears for ur baby and urself and work out a plan together.  He\she may think its best to keep u on the drug but may reduce the dose. You see it will be all about weighing up the cons of u being off the drug to the cons of being on the drug during pregnancy.  Remember that during pregnancy your hormones will be running riot and could make u feel on top of the world or may make u feel worse.

There are homeopathic remedies that are safe during pregnancy but in my experience they didn't do anything and actually might of made the situation worse.  This doesn't mean to say it will be the same for u, but again the best route is to chat to ur doc.

Good-luck
Is the doctor that prescribed Zoloft to you your OB?  If not, why not go talk to him/her about it?  I have also known a couple of people that were prescribed Zoloft while they were pregnant and their children are normal and healthy.  As with anything, there are risks vs. benefits with anything we put into our bodies, but making an educated decision is possible with this...gather as much information (from reliable sources such as your OB) and you and your husband can sit down and make an informed decision together....keep us posted!